Driver Set-up

Discussion in 'TSW General Discussion' started by RetiredPaul, Feb 25, 2021.

1. RetiredPaul

RetiredPaul New Member

Can we have time and steps in the scenarios to set the train up properly? By this, I mean turning on the headlights (and taillights on 101), setting the destination blinds, setting up the safety systems (AWS and similar). We would also need time in the timetables, so the trains can be set up without immediately being late.
    Not only would this be good practice, but it would also mean that I could find the controls!
    I see that we are now getting references to setting and resetting DRA in the South Eastern Nigh Speed scenarios, which is a step in the right direction. But can we now have another similar step?

• Like Like x 8
  2. ARuscoe

ARuscoe Well-Known Member

This was commented on in one of the streams recently so Sam and Matt are aware

3. OldVern

OldVern Well-Known Member

We could also do with an option to have prompts, even in Timetable mode, for setting up the more complex cabs. My tired old brain doesn't always remember from the training scenario. Either that, or the TSW equivalent of Ctrl-E from Flight Sim - et voila(!) everything is up and ready to go.

4. L89

L89 Well-Known Member

The way I do it spawn 5 minutes before the service on foot (timetable services). Trains may not always be there yet, though. Scenarios this is not possible but I find the times are a bit more forgiving in them.

• Like Like x 2
    • Helpful Helpful x 1
  5. ulf

ulf Member

Yes, that's a good suggestion!!!

6. solicitr

solicitr Well-Known Member

Yes- but even that doesn't help with bidirectional scenarios, where you have to switch ends and set up in 20 seconds,* or in timetables where you hot-swap on a service in progress, and have to wait for the train to arrive and then set up an unaccountably dead cab in the span of a loading cycle.

*No, this doesn't reflect reality, or even TSW reality. If you finish a service at a terminus, return to free roam and commandeer the same train, you will see that the return service doesn't start for another 10 to 30 minutes. RW drivers have to pee- and besides, this is when the custodial crew sweeps out the coaches and empties the rubbish bins.

Last edited: Feb 25, 2021
    • Like Like x 2
  7. seancrabtree2003

seancrabtree2003 Active Member

same This is how I do all my scenarios except Freight gives u plenty of time to set up and u would be a real driver if u came to your service when its meant to leave