Other Updated Roadmap

Discussion in 'TSW Troubleshooting & Issues Discussion' started by holt.alistair, Feb 25, 2021.

1. holt.alistair

holt.alistair Member

Hi, on the new roadmap that came out on Tuesday the fixes to the crashes on the Peninsula corridor route and the several timetable services experiencing a game crashing 2km from Koln were removed.
    As far as I can see this makes these two routes unplayable now, can you please explain why these are not being fixed.
    Thanks Fred

2. stijn.claessens

stijn.claessens Well-Known Member

Because they can't replicate the problem. If you have this problem: make a ticket and incude all info on your system and what you were doing when it occured.

3. holt.alistair

holt.alistair Member

We had the same problem as the person who created the original tickets and still do.

4. Cramnor

Cramnor Well-Known Member

As long as DTG cannot replicate the problems, they cannot fix them. "We had the same problem as the person who created the ticket" does not help in replicating the problem. Posting what you do before the problem happens is more helpful. You think it is pointless because somebody else already did? Absolutely not, because whatever the others reported seems to be not enough to reproduce it, so any information you can provide will be very helpful.

5. RotorHed

RotorHed Member

In the roadmap stream they asked people to provide more data - platform specifics, system spec, language, OS region, OS version, installed data and source and so on - that’s what I interpreted it to mean.

It’s no good just saying “it crashes under these circumstances” when it is only doing that for some people and DTG can’t recreate it. The community needs to provide as much data as possible so that the conditions can be cross checked. Ultimately DTG need a way to repeat it so they can debug and find the problem.

The crash sounds like it’s memory related - that could be storage problems or RAM problems so people need to list what kind of storage they have, what is and isn’t installed, what other background stuff is running etc.

But it could be something stupid like some language or region incompatiblity or the fact everyone is using an external drive or a system download is happening. There could be a lot of seemingly innocuous things that cause the crash.

Personally I didn’t get this problem but I’m on PS. From what I’ve understood this is predominantly (exclusively?) an Xbox thing and the OP didn’t even mention that ...

Until everyone starts posting more data about their environment this won’t get fixed...

Don’t feel bad - a lot more people seem to get the problem of the 72 tube stock on Bakerloo losing power and DTG just said RTFM! At least they’re asking you for more data ...

Last edited: Feb 25, 2021
    • Like Like x 1