PlayStation Southeastern High Speed: Issues Remaining

Discussion in 'TSW General Discussion' started by Mattty May, Feb 25, 2021.

1. Mattty May

Mattty May Guest

A list of issues I consider to be outstanding on Southeastern High Speed as of 25 February 2021:
    1. The in cab sound of the 375 is now a poorer cousin of the 395 cab. Very few subtle rattles (if any), barely audible track sound, almost silent ambience.
    2. Floating cars at stations. This is particularly noticeable at Sittingbourne.
    3. Poor scenery placement (see picture of trapped car at Rainham below).
    4. Trains not stopping in the right place. I’ve noticed a (St Pancras bound) Javelin at Gravesend with only the nose on the platform and the rest of the train trailing off the platform.
    5. Penalised for speeding in the 375 even though the speed did not exceed the limit and the HUD did not turn yellow or red.
    6. Sound still needs work. For example when passing another train in a tunnel with the windows open on the 375, things are relatively quiet - not what you’d expect.
    If you have noticed anything outstanding (even if on PC or Xbox), please feel free to add to the thread.

I don’t know if DTG plans any further work on SEHS, but further work is needed I think.

87501C48-5BCA-4A21-9761-70F1BD8FBB54.jpeg

• Like Like x 3
  2. Mattty May

Mattty May Guest

PS. I’m hoping the Class 465 doesn’t bring her own list of issues. Fingers crossed.

• Like Like x 2
  3. joulz75

joulz75 Active Member

I agree and would add the wrong fences on the hs1 as part of the scenery bugs.

• Like Like x 2
  4. CK95

CK95 Well-Known Member

Number 5 happens in the 395 too, I also noticed with SEHS that the hud will remain yellow upto 5mph above the allowed limit, however the cap on where you can earn AP is still 3mph above the limit.

I haven’t played any other route since SEHS released so I don’t know if that’s something in the core of the game or just on SEHS.

• Like Like x 2
  5. junior hornet

junior hornet Well-Known Member

No. 4. Congratulations. You’ve found the “Reverse Natalie” service.

• Like Like x 2
  6. Cramnor

Cramnor Well-Known Member

The scenery outside Rochester towards Strood (left side, intersection and bridge) is just awful (floating scenery and cars). There have been a couple of bridges along the route, not quite sure where right now, where the road has been in the air and cars were floating and clipping through/into/onto whatever it :D

• Like Like x 3
  7. Nick Y

Nick Y Well-Known Member

I found this at Strood
    [​IMG]
    And these at Ebbsfleet
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

• Like Like x 4
  8. Scotrail156467

Scotrail156467 Well-Known Member

Probably will

• Helpful Helpful x 1
  9. tallboy7648

tallboy7648 Well-Known Member

my word. SMH

10. tallboy7648

tallboy7648 Well-Known Member

There is no track noise on the 395 when going through a junction. Only the car that has the cab car make noise

• Like Like x 3
  11. RynoHawk

RynoHawk Member

Number 5 I think is true across the board on all trains and routes. The HUD doesn’t turn yellow until it reaches the first whole number above the limit, but counts as speeding if you go .5 or higher above the speed limit, although you cannot see most of the time because the HUD only reads out the whole number when speed is 10 and above.

If you compare in a train with a digital readout on its panel, you will see the in panel speed may read 36 while your HUD reads 35. If the limit is 35, the game considers you speeding at this point as the in train speedometer rounds off its speed to the closest whole number. So from 35.5 to 36.4 it reads 36. This is easier to see when going below 10 where the HUD reads out the decimal value.

What they need to do is synchronize the HUD speedometer with the one in the train.

Last edited: Feb 25, 2021
    • Helpful Helpful x 1
  12. Irish Train sim

Irish Train sim Well-Known Member

Some of these are notable points but if you guys are playing the game to look at scenery, then you’s are playing the wrong game. Seems as though some people are looking for issues.

• Like Like x 2
  13. Mattty May

Mattty May Guest

I’m not sure that’s entirely accurate. On LIRR when required to go at 5mph within Atlantic Terminal, you can go up to 5.9mph and not be penalised speed wise.

• Like Like x 2
  14. Mattty May

Mattty May Guest

I’m not looking for issues, but when parts of the scenery are obviously broken, it spoils the experience. Some people might not care, which is fair enough, but it does matter to others.

• Like Like x 2
  15. IfICanDream

IfICanDream Active Member

Agreed. Especially if you're personally familiar with a route (as I am with one). Scenery is not the point of this game, certainly.

16. Mattty May

Mattty May Guest

Then why bother putting any scenery in the game in the first place? If you’re going to add scenery, it’s best to make sure cars aren’t floating etc.

Last edited by a moderator: Feb 26, 2021
    • Like Like x 4
  17. RynoHawk

RynoHawk Member

There may be some exceptions, but I find this to be true across others I’ve played. Examples are SPG, PC, ECW to name a few. LIRR will do as well at higher speeds.

18. Fitz

Fitz Well-Known Member

The headlights on the AI 395s are still in the wrong mode.

• Like Like x 1
  19. Mattty May

Mattty May Guest

The throttle interlock on the 395 is still missing/inactive allowing the train to move off with the doors open.

• Like Like x 1
  20. Cramnor

Cramnor Well-Known Member

I was particularly trying to avoid looking for these issues, but some of them are so dominantly present that it's really hard to ignore

21. Irish Train sim

Irish Train sim Well-Known Member

The game is about operating a train though, for me at least. How many of these issues are seen/pictures taken from the cab? And do they actually stop you from playing the game. If people choose to zoom around the maps, you may as well have a zoom around on Google earth, it’s free!

• Like Like x 1
  22. mclitke

mclitke Well-Known Member

This is weird. I am one of these guys that look at their points alot and try to get as much as possible, while trying to go at the best possible speed as well. I could swear I never got penalized unless the speedometer on the HUD turned yellow. I notice the contrary immediately, where when you go from say 30 mph to 31 mph just for barely a second I only get 15 points for that block, but as long as it never turns yellow, I get full 30 points.

On routes where you have to go that slow that you get shown the decimal speed I also can apply power until I am at .9 of the actually allowed speed.

23. DEXCON

DEXCON Member

The outside sound of the 395 is still broken. If you listen to video's of train vloggers when they are walking next to the 395, you can hear a lot sounds coming from the train. In game we can only hear the sound of the train when you stand next to the bogie where the traction motor is located. Even then the sound is very silent. The compressor charges 2 Bar's in like 2 seconds wich seems not very realistic and the sound is only hearable for those 2 seconds. The fan button in the cab of the 395 doesn't change sound in regard to the fan sounds in the cab. So yea, still a lot of things to improve.

• Like Like x 2
  24. skyMutt

skyMutt Well-Known Member

Keeping to the topic, here's another few (relatively minor) issues that pertain to the cab of the Javelin.
    1. The signal button doesn't seem to do anything. The player can interact with it and you can see the animation of the button pressing in, but there isn't any sounds at all.
    2. The TMS is not interactive either. The screen itself seems to work fine, i.e. the time and the destination listing work as expected. However you cannot click on any of the prompts and they don't respond at all.
    I've seen it working on other streams and videos of gameplay, so I speculate that this might be a PC-only situation, similar to how the touchscreen on the LIRR M7 only works on PC and not consoles.
    3. The fans on top of the unit don't appear to be animated either.

I admit, these are relatively minor inconveniences, but I bring them up for the fact that the Class 375 that comes with SEHS does have a functional TMS, signal buttons, and animated fans but for whatever reason this isn't working on the Javelin. Its inconvenient for the player when they come to expect certain things on one train working on another train too, when in fact that's not always the case.
    Inconsistencies within a DLC doesn't come off as expected behavior.

• Like Like x 2
  25. xblackwolf90

xblackwolf90 Well-Known Member

Matt has previously mentioned that the signal button is disconnected in reality, so doesn't do anything in game either.

I hadn't realised this until it was highlighted in a stream.

• Like Like x 2