Train Podcasts

Discussion in 'Off Topic' started by stijn.claessens, Feb 24, 2021.

1. stijn.claessens

stijn.claessens Well-Known Member

Anybody know if there are interesting podcasts about trains or rail? maybe something about remerkable trains or rail stories.

• Like Like x 1
  2. Olaf the Snowman

Olaf the Snowman Well-Known Member

Signals to danger podcast. It’s done by a TPE (Transpennine Express) station manager which looks at very serious rail disasters in the UK. I’ve not listened to it myself yet but I’ve heard good things about it.

https://signalstodanger.com/about-us/

• Like Like x 2
  3. Northerner

Northerner Well-Known Member

I'm currently working my way through signals to danger. I've only listened to the first five so far but I can definitely recommend it to anyone who's interested in the railways, they're very engaging whilst being clear and easy to understand. He explains how and why each disaster occurred and how they have shaped the railway into what we have today. Even if you don't have that much knowledge on Britain’s railways, everything is well explained, including terminology and safety systems, so you'll soon have a grasp of the basics.

• Like Like x 1
  4. ARuscoe

ARuscoe Well-Known Member

https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCzA-8fUrw2C5cRcP9gO5BwA
    This guy does weekly "natters" on youtube that I believe you can download in podcast form.
    He's a railway architect in the UK who's worked on loads of projects. Some of them are a bit rambling but others are pretty good

• Like Like x 1
  5. Hypz

Hypz Active Member

I don't know have a scroll through I-tunes or something I'm sure there's loads