PlayStation Freight Exchange Rsn

Discussion in 'TSW Troubleshooting & Issues Discussion' started by antony.henley, Jan 20, 2021.

1. antony.henley

antony.henley Well-Known Member

Route Ruhr Sieg Nord
    Scenario / Session Freight Exchange (Journey Mode PS4 Pro)
    Problem
    Signal 016 is set to red and wont change, contacting signaller does nothing to resolve problem and you cant complete the scenario..

Regards

hentis

• Like Like x 1
    • Helpful Helpful x 1
  2. Bradley

Bradley Well-Known Member

Hey DTG

I’m having this exact same problem as above on Xbox series s

• Like Like x 1
  3. met_cui98

met_cui98 Member

This is a known issue and the fix is listed as 'In Planning' on the most recent roadmap update.

• Like Like x 1
  4. antony.henley

antony.henley Well-Known Member

Thanks met. I must have missed that one.

Hentis

5. trigger#9452

trigger#9452 New Member

You can still complete “Freight Exchange”. You just have to be creative.;):cool:

To get past the red signal, all you have to do is approach the signal at 20-25 km / h, save 3m before the signal and reload. Do this 3 times in a row and you are good to go. (It may take a few tries)

6. Slemcer

Slemcer Well-Known Member

On the contrary, I'd say that it's not us who need to be creative, but DTG. But instead of that they just removed this topic from the roadmap ...
    Also, I'm wondering how to reload a saved game on my console. It seems there's no such option.

7. Alex_m30x#7297

Alex_m30x#7297 Well-Known Member

go in to the route menu, resume saved game

8. IrishSpud

IrishSpud Member

Exactly, it's not our job to work around a bug.
    If it's been removed from the roadmap, that means they can't recreate the issue, so it can't be fixed.
    This has been the case with a few bugs that happens to a few people.

9. L89

L89 Well-Known Member

You need to go through a few red signals awkwardly at 0km/h using light throttle and direct brakes. Any faster will cause a SPAD. Then the objective can be reached. After this the scenario will not have any issue. Do this if you want the trophy/achievement before the fix (we could be waiting a while). You can't do this method with Cement Circle on TSW2020 because the points lead us to a different track away from the objective. :(

Each time you successfully pass not causing a SPAD, save your game! You might go too fast on the next one.

Last edited: Feb 25, 2021
  10. trigger#9452

trigger#9452 New Member

Well you have to be creative if you want the trophy/achievement and you’re not willing to wait for DTG finally fixing it. But now there are two ways for completing Freight Exchange. My way and that of L89, I can confirm that one is working too.

• Like Like x 1
  11. solicitr

solicitr Well-Known Member

Incorrect.

Fixes which have been dropped as "Unable to reproduce" are listed in the Roadmap as dropped.

As part of the streamlining of the Roadmap, future planned fixes are no longer listed. This is to save space and complexity, not because they have been dropped. This one will reappear in the Roadmap when Adam's repair team turn their attention to RSN, which will not be for a while yet- they are currently working on LIRR, and then RT and MSB.

12. L89

L89 Well-Known Member

I did try that way too. Closer to 2m but still on 3m seems to work. If you stop as soon as it hits 3m it was giving me a SPAD when I loaded the save then moved ahead.

13. solicitr

Couldn't get the save-and-reload method to work, but did manage to sneak under the SPAD sensor by creeping at near-zero past the first three red signals. Once you hit the scenario stop marker, the Call Signaler function works and you're good to go.

Thanks! I had been resigned to wait until fall to do this scenario.

EDIT: Or maybe not? I got as far as the yard exit signal, but it is red and stays red (signaller permission denied). I think I'm supposed to be waiting for the eastbound train ahead to pass the crossover, but it's sitting there motionless. There is no moving traffic anywhere on the route, so I suspect the scenario is still broken.

14. L89

L89 Well-Known Member

The traffic was moving on mine. Finished it at Boele Yard where you disembark to finish the scenario. My arrival times in the logbook attached. Took my time so that could play a part. I didn't do it through journey mode.

Attached Files:

15. solicitr

I never got out of Hohenlimburg. Like I said, the exit light (at the 60km/h sign) was permanently red.

---------------------
    The save and reload method- at 20-25 km/h you're supposed to bullseye the pause button at not more than 2.5 and not less than 2.0 meters from the signal?

16. solicitr

Success, and then failure.

Tried it again, this time the Hohenlimburg light was green-- but a light up the line near Boehle was red: stopped AI train, permastuck. And this red can NOT be crept past without SPADing.

Goddammit.

17. L89

L89 Well-Known Member

I have tried it a few more times. One time I resumed a saved game and noticed a freight was waiting at red in that starting area where you said. Again I do the scenario this time not resuming saved game and that freight goes straight past (I haven't past the 3rd red at this point). So when changing cabs I get clear signals to Hagen like my first time again. Stop at Hagen 188 no issues. I then couple to the new train and change cabs. At this point an MRCE freight train starts driving the other direction. Clear signals all the way to Boele 305 where the scenario ends.

All I can really say is give it another go every so often. Maybe idle at the start for a while to ensure any trains moving on the main line don't get their paths interrupted. Some as you probably know only move after doing a specific objective.

18. IrishSpud

IrishSpud Member

On another thread it's stated that a fix should be released next month. So that's good then.

19. smoothchat

smoothchat New Member

Which site was that? Thanks.

20. Bvhleken

Bvhleken New Member

Indeed, they should be removing it from the store.
    Bought last week and feel also like asking for a refund. First two scenarios are broke.
    They sayd on nov, 2020 :"Don't worry. Preservation Crew started working on this route. They will fix it within next couple weeks."
    Bla Bla Bla ...
    Played on PS4