Request For More Functionality When Setting Train Destinations

Discussion in 'TSW General Discussion' started by londonmidland, Feb 25, 2021.

1. londonmidland

londonmidland Well-Known Member

With SEHS, I've noticed that destinations are pre-set for the Class 395 and soon to be released Class 465.

Now I don't have an issue with destinations being pre-set, but could you PLEASE provide the player with the functionality to set up the train destination themselves, if they wish to do so. There is currently no way to change the destination or set it up yourself for these trains.

Personally, I would like if there was a little sticky note or paper put up somewhere in the cab which lists all the codes you can input for individual destinations. Perhaps in that blank note board space would be the ideal location. It already has a functional reading light!

So for example, entering 1847 on the clickable keypad would be a code for London Charing Cross.

Similar to this:
    [​IMG]

[​IMG]

Last edited: Feb 25, 2021
    • Like Like x 23
  2. helderbrincolas

helderbrincolas Well-Known Member

We need more interation with the train!

• Like Like x 7
  3. SprattyHeath

SprattyHeath Well-Known Member

This is something that I simply don't understand.

We know that DTG are able to do stuff like TrainFX in TSW. How have we all of a sudden gone backwards to not having any manually inputtable Destination Display? Is it really that difficult to implement?

Or is it the case of "we cannot be arsed" or "cant find out how it works" because it clearly seems to me that the immersion quality is dropping with every new release

Last edited: Feb 25, 2021
    • Like Like x 9
  4. londonmidland

Absolutely!

Personally I spend A LOT of time in the cab so I want as much functionality as possible! Everything being set up for me is quite underwhelming and a bit boring not having to set it up yourself.

• Like Like x 2
  5. OsamaBinLiftin

OsamaBinLiftin Active Member

We need train

6. SprattyHeath

SprattyHeath Well-Known Member

You're in the wrong thread for that i'm afraid.

• Like Like x 2
  7. Aran

Aran Well-Known Member

I completely agree, having the destinations be changeable cab be a nice feature and seeing as we already had that possibility before, albeit without code, it's just a shame to see it be fully automated in the two most recent trains.

It really can't be that hard to implement, can it?

• Like Like x 1
  8. Aran

Aran Well-Known Member

Try the suggestions subforum, if you're lucky they might make another train.

• Like Like x 1
    • Helpful Helpful x 1
  9. Trenomarcus

Trenomarcus Well-Known Member

This would hugely increase the immersion.

• Like Like x 1
  10. londonmidland

Absolutely. The more things which we can interact with, the better!

• Like Like x 2
  11. londonmidland

Another thing I’d like is a drivers schedule card displayed somewhere in the cab. Either permanently displayed or a toggle or a click to hide/display it.

I honestly hate the pop-up interactive UI in TSW as it’s an immersion breaker as it takes you away from the driving experience. The worst offender is having to use that god awful UI for opening and closing the doors.

I’d like something like this in TSW. This is for OMSI Bus Simulator.

2C632C29-823D-444F-AA49-9FF88963F287.jpeg C35B7061-EDE4-46C1-9649-8E34A7181C36.jpeg

• Like Like x 12
  12. Clumsy Pacer

Clumsy Pacer Well-Known Member

- Woo we can now use a controller to open doors directly on console
    - What about PC
    - Oooh look! A bird!

• Like Like x 2
  13. Mr JMB

Mr JMB Well-Known Member

Amazing how many cabs have a clipboard designed to show you your schedule and we have to press T to view a popup! Maybe T could be used for the doors instead...left shift+T right shift+T etc.

Increased interactivity and putting things into the game without menus and popups is always a good thing to do.

• Like Like x 4
    • Helpful Helpful x 1
  14. londonmidland

That sounds like a great idea. Seeing as they modelled the clipboard space and even added a functional light to it, they may as well use it!

The less distracting pop-ups and menus, the better!

Also can we please have an option to remove that annoying ‘objective complete’ pop up every time we complete a single instruction? I really don’t need to be told this every time I do something obvious.

• Like Like x 4
  15. Horizelux

Horizelux Well-Known Member

Brilliant idea!

For most journeys, I feel that we just open and close the doors, depart and come to a stop at the next station. Sometimes we get to set up destination boards and other small things, but I feel that the game is too driving oriented. Features like this would make it more realistic and would add immersion.

Have a great day!

• Like Like x 2
  16. JustWentSouth

JustWentSouth Well-Known Member

I much prefer having it pre-set correctly to having it blank or incorrect in a screenshot. I also prefer having it pre-set to scrolling through the list while the departure clock is ticking. So, I see the current iteration as an improvement.

Having it pre-set correctly and being functional is ideal. So, I voted yes. I also love the clipboard idea.

Realistically though, I am not going to mess with it once it is correct. So, having a clipboard with a schedule visible would be more immersive for me than interacting with an already correct destination display.

• Like Like x 3
  17. theorganist

theorganist Well-Known Member

These small details would create more immersion that is for sure. On the class 101 you have a nice handle to change the destination which is a nice touch.

I especially agree with the tab to open the doors, that is an immersion killer on both modern and old stock, and especially with older stock, where passengers were trusted to open their own doors, you didn't press a button in the cab and voila a slam door train would magically have its doors fling open! That would have created a definite health and safety risk on the platform!

Last edited: Feb 26, 2021
    • Like Like x 4
  18. thundergaming11

thundergaming11 Well-Known Member

I believe Matt mentioned it was to do with the different tech involved and as they continue to develop PIS it'll make things easier for them to incorporate. I think it's a question of when it'll come, not if.

19. Clumsy Pacer

Clumsy Pacer Well-Known Member

Exactly. I think it'll be at least somewhat developed the next time we have a route that needs it (or potentially the 313? Although thye don't tend to do core game changes for loco DLCs). SE brought quite a few changes to the game and PIS so they probably didn't have the time or resources to implement a new system of doing train displays.

• Like Like x 1
  20. pendolino18

pendolino18 Active Member

The 313 for ECW has the TrainFX system which is pictured above. A working version of this has already been implemented in the Southern 313 from Train Simulator 2021 so would be very disappointed if it wasn't utilised for TSW 2 especially if they know how it works.

• Like Like x 3
  21. theorganist

AP would have made the class 313 for TS1 though.

22. pendolino18

pendolino18 Active Member

Yes you are correct but didn't DTG buy the license to sell it on steam too. Or was that the 315?
    Thinking about it. If DTG can use AP sounds for their 465, Surely they can ask for the same technology from AP in order to use the TrainFX system.

23. theorganist

I don't know how it works to be honest, whether AP will have put copyright on the scripting or not?

I am sure DTG will have the where with all to develop their own anyway.

• Like Like x 1
  24. RobSkip

RobSkip Well-Known Member

Not a case of buying licences to sell on Steam, AP/Waggonz will have submitted the product to DTG for them to publish.

• Helpful Helpful x 1
  25. tallboy7648

tallboy7648 Well-Known Member

I agree. DTG had this in some trains in ts2021 and we had a simple version of the TrainFx in tsw. OMSI 2 Bus Simulator has a functionally where you can manually put in a code to set the line of your bus and the destination of your bus so I don't understand why new trains can't have that function. It would improve immersion massively

26. tallboy7648

They really do need to get rid of that annoying "Objective Complete" pop-up. It's very gamey and quite annoying

• Like Like x 3
  27. heyitspopcorn

heyitspopcorn Well-Known Member

You mean you don't need the constant positive affirmation that you stopped at a platform, or opened the doors, or closed the doors??

• Like Like x 1
  28. tallboy7648

There should at least be an option to have that off. It's really quite annoying

29. heyitspopcorn

heyitspopcorn Well-Known Member

Agreed! I hate it, too, it's quite irritating, especially on all-stop commuter trains.

• Like Like x 1
  30. maxipolo12

maxipolo12 Well-Known Member

what you can wait from DLC is more dlc but thats all ;)

• Like Like x 1
  31. RagagBrashBanshee

RagagBrashBanshee New Member

I think this is a really good idea and should be implemented into the game.

• Like Like x 1
  32. londonmidland

I find it ridiculous how they haven’t provided the player with an option to turn that annoying and quite frankly useless pop-up.

Why is the game telling me the instruction is complete? I’m the driver, therefore I should be the one making the decisions, not the game.

It really baffles me how little these sorts of things are thought out before implementing them. It’s almost as if they thought everyone WANTS to see it every time you complete an instruction.

• Like Like x 4
  33. tallboy7648

They clearly didn't think that everyone would not like that. Hopefully an update will give us the option to have that off