Bnsf Dlc

Discussion in 'Suggestions' started by Zelvio, Feb 28, 2018.

Tags:
?
  1. Yes!

90.3%
  2. No!

9.7%
Multiple votes are allowed.
  1. Zelvio

Zelvio Member

I'd hope to see some BNSF dlc added as well to train sim world this would be another great expansion other than the Amtrak Dlc coming out soon big hopes for that one! But we also need more freight dlc the CSX is good and all but we need more of it![​IMG]

• Like Like x 3
  2. Zelvio

Zelvio Member

I think overall BNSF is a all out a good company! and hope to see this DLC added someday!

3. Michael Newbury

Michael Newbury Well-Known Member

I would love to say yes to BNSF content in TSW but the reality of it happening is low due to the license restrictions.

• Like Like x 1
  4. Corvan

Corvan Well-Known Member

BNSF will not allow DTG to use their logo and intellectual property outside of the United States. Unless they change their mind on that, the possibility of them being in TSW is slim to none. It wouldn't make financial sense to invest time and resources into making something which can only be sold in a limited market in an already niche market.

• Like Like x 3
  5. USRailFan007

USRailFan007 Well-Known Member

Would love some BNSF content for TSW. Though, as Michael Newbury and Corvan stated above, licensing restrictions will most definitely prevent DTG, themselves, from doing so, sadly. Might see some BNSF community created liveries in the future possibly, when the appropriate tools release. Still a possibility on that front but from DTG, almost no chance.

Last edited: Feb 28, 2018
    • Like Like x 2
  6. pschlik

pschlik Well-Known Member

The real question is if BNSF is a big enough deal for time to be put in to make a method that allows everyone to have it. It is the second biggest railroad in America, a lot of people are into it, the people who hate it are mostly biased because of the issues in TS1, not because it is actually bad/uninteresting content. (In fact, I get the impression that many of the people who hate it actually want it and hate that they can’t get it!)

If you look into the files (which most people don’t do, fair enough) all the logos on a particular train are in one file that has all the other decals. Crop out the decal with the logo, and bam, unbranded train just by changing one file. Give people in America one version of that file, give people elsewhere the one with the logos cropped out. That solution still has some unbranded stuff, but it is taking advantage of what licensing they do have while not being limited by it.

After all, you can’t be picky with this stuff and say ‘no, sorry Mr. Railroad, your license isn’t good enough for us,’ you gotta take what you are given in this business, esecially when working with the second biggest railroad in America, and make something out of it. I’d think that DTG would be much more eager to take advantage of the fact that they do have a license with BNSF at all than to go off and try to get licensing with someone new.

• Like Like x 1
  7. Canis_Lupus

Canis_Lupus Member

I would also buy BNSF Content, but i'm from Germany so i can't get BNSF content here.
    Thats sad because i like BNSF.

But it still would be nice if the TS2018 BNSF content would be available outside the US before they make BNSF DLC for TSW.(I mean that the logos are removed so it could be sold all over the World and US Citizens get a free Logo pack DLC).

So everyone is happy.

• Like Like x 2
  8. Zelvio

Zelvio Member

Well we all out need more freight instead of just the one CSX Route!

• Like Like x 1
  9. thegevo5k

thegevo5k Member

I definitely agree. Running up and down a single route for hours on end is really bland. NEC New York is less freight-oriented, more passenger-oriented, which makes it less of a freight route. The Cajon Sub would be great to see in TSW. I can't imagine the download size being that big. Let's be honest here, it's barren desert.

• Like Like x 1
  10. jedi247

jedi247 Well-Known Member

YES! We need BNSF diesels: ES44AC/DC/C4, SD40-2, SD75M/I SD70MAC, SD70ACe(P4-T4), or GP38-2.
    Great Routes: Seligman Sub, Cajon Pass, Marias Pass, Steven's Pass

• Like Like x 1
  11. Titanx980ti

Titanx980ti New Member

Who would love to see Alco locomotive and also hear its sound ?

Last edited: Jun 16, 2018