Home Of Legends

Discussion in 'Dovetail Live Article Discussion' started by TrainSim-Jay, Mar 21, 2018.

1. TrainSim-Jay

TrainSim-Jay Guest

[​IMG]
    Coming soon to Train Simulator, from Partner Programme developer Creative Rail, the arterial East Coast Main Line from Peterborough to York!

READ MORE

• Like Like x 1
  2. volvolover1972

volvolover1972 Well-Known Member

Wrong forum?

3. Kestrel33

Kestrel33 Active Member

Is this posted in the right spot?

4. Kestrel33

Kestrel33 Active Member

I was really excited for about 1/2 sec.

5. volvolover1972

volvolover1972 Well-Known Member

Same.

6. Jeannot41

Jeannot41 Well-Known Member

Or, it's to put our mouth water

7. Dan_Der_Man

Dan_Der_Man Active Member

I see the old kuju pack HST is the one used, this is a bit of a shame as the somewhat more advanced and better textured 159 pack IC HST could of been used. Hopefully if its not too late this could be changed? But other than that I like the look of this route and how it fills a missing hole in the ECML.

8. Robhope

Robhope New Member

Don`t want to too negative about a new route but to get from Kings Cross to Edinburgh I will need 4 routes ie London-Peterborough,Peterborough- York, York- Newcastle and Just Trains Newcastle-Edinburgh.All worthy enough but 4 different scenarios,I like the Just Trains method of their Western Mainlines because as new routes are added I can drive from Paddington to Plymouth and eventually ( if they ever finish it) to Penzance in one go or part of the journey if I want.Surely that's better than random route offerings

9. Railfan722

Railfan722 Well-Known Member

The problem with doing it all as one route is that, as evidenced by Western Mainlines, it's incredibly laggy for most users. This route should be nice, but looking at the catenary, it's the old Railworks style stuff. It's always good to see more 3rd party developers bring stuff to Steam, and I hope CreativeRail's other project, "East Midlands Coal," finds its way there as well.

10. Lord Bickerstaff

Lord Bickerstaff Member

I'm hoping that scenario compatibility between the route bought from CR and DTGs version will work, I'm not fancying rewriting scenarios for it :P

11. MartinRM54

MartinRM54 New Member

I for one are very happy to see this as CR have not been selling this for ages and you had no way of getting to York!

12. AyrtonS8

AyrtonS8 Well-Known Member

I'm happy to see the route coming to Steam but its the stock included that lets it down for me. Kuju Class 47 and HST, and the 225. Guess I will be swapping them out in the scenarios with the AP HST and 225 packs :|

13. DeanO55

DeanO55 Member

I thought with the new Virgin deal DTG has we would have got some new virgin skins.
    Bit of a let down really.

14. TrainSim-Steve

TrainSim-Steve Senior Producer Staff Member

Never know what the future might hold, I'm hopeful we'll get the new VTEC liveries in-game - certainly something I'd like to see. Can't make any promises but I'll see what can be done - I'm sure someone out there in the community has already done them if you're desperate :)

Best, Steve

15. DeanO55

DeanO55 Member

Yes indeed they all have. There are some good re-skins out there but it would be nice to have one official re-skin for all the scenarios rather than hunting down and installing 3rd party skins and bloating the hard drive with them all.
    I shall live in hope. ;)