Change The Timetable Mode Weather Presets So Trees Look Right

Discussion in 'Suggestions' started by NekoNina, Feb 27, 2021.

1. NekoNina

NekoNina Well-Known Member

Good evening, everyone.
    I would like to suggest DTG edit the timetable mode weather presets (especially the winter ones), so we can finally have trees without leaves during said season.

Current Situation
    Currently, if you load up a service during winter (without/with snow), it looks like this:
    upload_2021-2-27_21-44-44.png
    upload_2021-2-27_21-46-8.png

Want a little teaser of how the game could look like?

upload_2021-2-27_21-42-7.png
    upload_2021-2-27_21-46-26.png
    I could achieve this by using the Unreal Console Unlocker and the simple command "ts2.dbg.SetLocalDateTime 2021.1.16-12.22.12", so the date is 16 January 2021 and time 12:22:12.

NEW: I could actually make a mod that changes the presets' dates to Jan 16/17. It works on all routes: https://mods.trainsimcommunity.com/mods/c3-train-sim-world-2/c19-patches/i764-winter-leaf-fix

What DTG has to do to fix this

The seasons in Timetable mode work like this: There are presets (Spring Clear, Summer Rain, Winter Blizzard, etc) you can choose from in the main menu. These presets are defined in a file called "WeatherPresets.uasset" located in the main PAK file of the game (TS2Prototype\Content\UI for the devs, if they're reading this).
    As I said before, this file defines the presets you can use. Inside that file, it looks like this:
    upload_2021-2-27_21-50-16.png

You don't have to be a programmer to see which values DTG would have to change, so we can finally have proper trees in timetable mode.
    For some reason, the trees are set up in a way to only hide trees between January 16 and March 31. What I'm asking DTG to do is change the dates from January 1/2 to for example January 20.
    DTG has done this before, mind you, in Ruhr Sieg Nord. Here, there are no leaves on the trees during Autumn/Winter (I assume because they used different tree models that have a better configuration)

So DTG has two options: Either change the dates for timetable mode or fix when certain tree models are shown (with/without leaves). It has a huge impact on immersion.

An alternative could also be to let us players choose our own dates when setting up a timetable mode journey.

Thank you for reading and let's hope we can get something changed.
    Regards
    Nina

Last edited: Feb 28, 2021
    • Like Like x 16
    • Helpful Helpful x 2
  2. Rob39

Rob39 Well-Known Member

Winter snow looks miles better without the leaves. Absolutely echo your sentiments. This would be a big deal in graphics terms, and seeing how DTG like trees.

• Like Like x 2
  3. Task

Task Well-Known Member

That looks awesome. I didn't even know the game is capable of such realistic winter environments. Please change those presets, it's only a small change with low effort and pretty much value!

4. NekoNina

NekoNina Well-Known Member

• Like Like x 6
    • Helpful Helpful x 3