PlayStation Baureihe 146 Still A Vaccum Cleaner.

Discussion in 'TSW General Discussion' started by Ischollum, Dec 9, 2020.

1. Ischollum

Ischollum Member

Hi there,

i am played the Simulator after a long time cause I am disappointed about the useless 115 Services of the S4, so we don't get our layers. Anyway I am played the Baureihe 146 and after 2 Minuten i get angry, cause the 146 has still the loop.

Dovetail please fix it, it sucks to have a Game with that vaccum cleaner as a train.

• Like Like x 2
  2. diamondderp

diamondderp Guest

Bad looped sounds existed since TSW2 was released and its still not on the roadmap or even a signal that dev's are looking into it.

• Like Like x 2
  3. bowie87

bowie87 Member

The preserved locos BR 146, 182, 185 are all messed up. I can't play wit them, because the sound is driving me nuts.

• Like Like x 1
  4. mclitke

mclitke Well-Known Member

I have driven the 146.2 despite the horrible sound issues alot lately, with music or something playing over it unfortunately to make it easier. The Loco itself is awesome.

Funny thing I noticed on München, Köln and Hautstrecke Rhein Ruhr, if you go at top speed for a decent time, the annoying howling actually disappears. Went into third person view and the sound was really nice.
    Well as soon as you reduce your speed in order to stop at a station it reappears sadly.

5. Ischollum

Ischollum Member

This loco is still a desaster.

Hey Bluesky what about fixing that Sound. We are customer we paid for it. If you can't fix it than give a refund for the customer.

This really sucks with that Loco.
    So Bluesky Interactive fix it.

• Like Like x 1
  6. Michael Newbury

Michael Newbury Well-Known Member

They are aware of sounds on the preserved loco's and they are working on fixing the sounds, but it is something that is not going to happen overnight. You will have to be patient as they fix everything on their list and according to DTG Adam it is a long one.

7. Ischollum

Ischollum Member

To be patient. How long ? They are liars.
    What about the Layers of HMA?
    This Loco is still desaster for months.

Bluesky Interactive should fix it.

• Like Like x 1
  8. ildario77

ildario77 Well-Known Member

Bugs are out there, everywhere, on any single videogame. The only difference between DTG and other software houses is that DTG simply ignores the thing. They just don't care. Some bugs survive for years. Sound bugs, in particular, are terrible and almost every single preserved loco is affected. No way they will fix all this mess. They already proved that's not a priority.

• Like Like x 3
  9. mclitke

Who is bluesky interactive?
    When did DTG exactly lie about fixing the sounds? They are actually pretty transparent right now. Next major update will release immense improvements for long Island, and next they will tackle rapid transit and main sepssart Bahn, including the locos and their sounds.

• Like Like x 1
  10. 749006

749006 Well-Known Member

If this is a problem with a loco on TSW2 why post in the wrong forum?

11. solicitr

solicitr Well-Known Member

Oh, do get over yourself.

• Like Like x 2
  12. ildario77

Thanks, man, very helpful comment.

• Like Like x 1
  13. mclitke

To be fair I found it more appealing than the wild accusations...

• Like Like x 1
  14. ildario77

Wild accusations? Did you read my post? There are bugs literally out there since the 2018 release of TSW 1. Hundred of reports from users and they're still there. They fixed the invisible LIRR tunnel in the preserved content for TSW2 after about 2 YEARS from the original release (and just for TSW2, in TSW 2020 is still bugged). And what about the underpowered Class 47 in NTP? And now, almost every preserved german loco is affected by sound bugs. How some users are siding with DTG is beyond ridiculous.

• Like Like x 1
    • Helpful Helpful x 1
  15. solicitr

You think tiny little DTG has the programming staff of Rockstar or Blizzard?

Sit down and do the math: ~60 developers, 40-50 man-hours per week. Many of whom are working on fishing, airplanes or TS Classic.

• Like Like x 1
  16. mclitke

I am not blindly siding with them. What is this black and white thinking here anyway, can I not side with the Devs on some points but still complain about others? I just don't like the tone that some people use. Sure the sounds of German locos bug me alot - in fact I wanted to do one of my not yet completed journey mode runs yesterday and stopped when I saw I had no cab car runs left to do but only ones with the 146 - but the preservation crew has confirmed that they will work on MSB and RT next. So seeing what has been done to long Island so far in terms of bugs and features (and to be fair, American passenger route Fans deserved that bone at least, waiting for some new content for that long already) makes me excited and hopeful for the other fixes and improvements.
    Yes it took its due time so far but as long as I don't have insight into the way DTG work, their teams work and how their prioritizing is handled, I won't judge too much. Of course people should and actually must voice their dissatisfaction, but in the end there are still people working on Bugfixes every day of the week, even if some surely would argue against that. I know that if I got responses to my work in terms of "he does not care and ignores issues" I would be very sad, at least if I knew I did work on what I was told to work on, even if it has less priority for some of the player base.

These overly dramatic responses bundled with weird comparisons in the likes of "in contrast to other software houses DTG does not care about bugs and ignores them" make me roll my eyes and solicitr just said what I was thinking, hence I resonated with his reply way more. And at that, his reply was not any less helpful or constructive than the post he quoted.

Dunno, if that makes me a blind DTG fanboy, guess I got got.

• Like Like x 1
  17. ildario77

Frankly I don't care if they're 60 developers, 600 or 6. Since their products are quite pricey I expect they work fine, just that. I can wait for months, not for years... That said, I like the last route, not perfect but definitely enjoyable. And of course I know this is just a game. I just reported the situation. I'm not a kid and I know this is a very bad moment for a lot of companies, so no wonder they're trying to stay alive even with sub-par products. I will buy the new loco tomorrow because SEHS deserves my money. Didn't buy HMA because on consoles is simply unacceptable.

Oh, and sorry for my english. I know there are teachers out there :D

Last edited: Mar 3, 2021
    • Like Like x 1
  18. solicitr

Entitled much?

• Like Like x 1
  19. tallboy7648

tallboy7648 Well-Known Member

The sounds of the 146 will be fixed once they address lirr. I do get the frustration though. The lirr bugs haven't been fixed in 7 months and that has gotten me very annoyed. The fact that it's taken this long in my opinion is unacceptable especially if the sounds of the 395 were improved in around 2-3 weeks. Heck the 146 sounds haven't even been addressed 7 months after release. DTG claim they test their products yet they decided to release these products as is. Had they took their time to find the problem with the product and fixed it (which I think alot of people would have preferred) instead of releasing it as is, nobody would be complaning and these routes probably would not have gotten new negative reviews or complaints. DTG are the only ones to blame. I am glad that lirr is finally getting addressed but this could have all been avoided and preventable.

20. solicitr

Compare the available manpower.

• Like Like x 1
  21. tallboy7648

tallboy7648 Well-Known Member

ildario77 does have a fair point though. TSW2 dlc isn't eaxctly cheap and you can buy new games at a $30 price tag so even if they are a small company there products should be a good quality and good sounds. They have shown with east coastway that they can deliver high quality so there should be a consistent quality across the board. That is not a high expectation