Ability To Remove Speedometer From The Hud On Consoles

Discussion in 'Suggestions' started by Mr heff, Feb 27, 2021.

1. Mr heff

Mr heff Well-Known Member

This would be great on console as I like having the distance and time in the top left, along with the little dot cursor in the center of the screen, but I'd like to remove the speedometer section in the bottom right.

• Like Like x 2
  2. stujoy

stujoy Well-Known Member

The ability already exists. You need to connect a keyboard and use Ctrl 5 to toggle the main HUD on or off. As for adding the ability to do this via the controller, that’s unlikely to happen. It could be added to the settings menu though.

The functionality of TSW is greatly increased by connecting a keyboard and I would recommend it to all players. It is currently the only way to access the free camera in immersion controls for example. You can turn the cab lights on without hunting for the switch in the dark. Just press L. Two tone horn? You got it, Space Bar and N. So handy. I’ve never looked back since I connected a keyboard. So many things it helps with.

• Helpful Helpful x 3
    • Like Like x 1
  3. Olaf the Snowman

Olaf the Snowman Well-Known Member

Brilliant, thanks. Is there anyway of removing the top left which displays time/next station? And removing the very top right which displays score. All I want is the ‘next speed change’ and nothing else.

What’s the button for free camera? And where can I find a list of all functions for keyboard? Thanks

Edit: I worked out how to do remove the score (Ctrl 6) but still trying to figure out top left. And I’ve figured out 8 is free cam.

Last edited: Feb 28, 2021
    • Like Like x 1
  4. stujoy

stujoy Well-Known Member

I believe Ctrl 4 cycles through the top right signal and speed limits.

The original TSW2020 manual, not the one for consoles, has all the keyboard controls in it. It should be downloadable from the Dovetail Live website or from the Steam page for TSW2020.

• Helpful Helpful x 2
  5. Northerner

Northerner Well-Known Member

There's a full map of keyboard controls in the original TSW2020 manual here.

I'd also like to know if anyone's found a way to turn off the top left display individually as the only way I've found is to hide everything and the manual doesn't give a way to do it either.

Last edited: Feb 28, 2021
    • Helpful Helpful x 2
  6. Mr heff

I'd like it to be an option on controller too.

• Like Like x 2
  7. finntd#7891

finntd#7891 Well-Known Member

if you ever pressed the pause button there is a slight delay well that's because if you hold down pause your hud disappears

• Like Like x 1
  8. Alex_m30x#7297

Alex_m30x#7297 Well-Known Member

for xbox what keyboard would you recomend

9. Mr heff

Yeah I'm so glad it's a feature, but I'd like to be able to keep the distance and cursor on screen when I do that so I can see how far I have to go and manipulate buttons and switches.

10. stujoy

stujoy Well-Known Member

I wouldn’t know to be honest, I’m on PS4 and I just have a standard USB keyboard from an old Dell desktop PC. I’ve never used bluetooth keyboards so never ever looked into them. You really need the full keyboard as well to get the most out of it.