PC Isle Of Wight Wheel Slip

Discussion in 'Troubleshooting' started by james#6343, Feb 28, 2021.

1. james#6343

james#6343 Member

I’ve noticed that the train on Isle of Wight tends to wheelslip very easily. When you put the control lever into full series (notch 2) and it also occurs when shifting from first to second gear below 15mph. This happens on dry tracks, so it’s not a weather issue. I’ve also noticed intermittent power cutout along the line.

does anyone else notice this issue?

• Like Like x 2
  2. Knightfire1964

Knightfire1964 Well-Known Member

you can get wheel slip even if it's not raining it's just it's way more easier to do you've said you have put it into full which will definitely make it wheel spin remember that this loco is very old so it's not advanced at all to reduce the wheelslip

• Like Like x 1
  3. 4-COR

4-COR Well-Known Member

I'm not sure if it's related to this, but units 483006 and 008 (only in the past few years) were having issues where too much power would be applied upon starting. I doubt if Rivet were trying to replicate that but it seems unlikely considering it was only really happening on two units, and as you said, it was also happening at 15mph.

• Like Like x 1
  4. Alex_m30x#7297

Alex_m30x#7297 Well-Known Member

ive just done a bakerloo line service, starting elephant and castle, weather summer sunny, going nothing to series/ parellel is fine to start but wheel slip starts at 5.7 ish mph. Also the 375 seems to wheel slip much more than the 377, not sure if this is due to new simgraph though

• Like Like x 1