Skyhook Games New Ip

Discussion in 'Off Topic' started by ZeenozPlays, Jan 6, 2021.

1. ZeenozPlays

ZeenozPlays Well-Known Member

So, it was recently brought to my attention on the TSW subreddit, that Skyhook Games is currently working on a new IP. As some of you may know, Skyhook is currently working on One/Multiple projects for TSW 2. They are (presumably) backed by DTG.

Ok, now this may be far fetched... but this may be Sam's project.

If you cannot see the pics, here are the links to the actual tweets:
    https://twitter.com/RemoteGameJobs/status/1338893618984185867
    https://twitter.com/SkyhookGames/status/1338539111959949314

Could this be Sam's new project? Working on Skyhook's new IP? It is not confirmed to be anything Rail-Related, but if it's being backed by DTG, I can't help but think it is a Subway Simulator.
    Let's look at the facts. Subway Systems have been heavily neglected in TSW, and there is "heavy" demand for them. DTG clearly wants to work on regular Commuter Rail/High-Speed Routes, so by helping this Dev who has previously worked on TS/TSW (future) create a Subway Simulator Game, it is feeding the people that want to see those systems. Also, it might not take anything out of DTG's pockets because there are two different types of Rail being made for two different types of Simulators.

This is all a theory though... a game theory. But I'm serious, It may seem too speculative, but could THIS be the thing...?

What do all of you think about this? Do you think it is a Subway Simulator or another type of game? Do you think DTG is backing them? If it is a Subway Simulator, what city/system would you like to see first?

Edit........ riiiight, it was nothing of the sort. It was a Lawn Mower Simulator...

Last edited: Apr 2, 2021
    • Like Like x 6
  2. Michael Newbury

Michael Newbury Well-Known Member

All of this has me peeked with interest, and waiting with baited patience to see what becomes of this news and what ever Sam's secert(s) are.

• Like Like x 2
  3. ZeenozPlays

It peaked my interest when I heard about it as well. I needed to come to the forums and talk about it to everyone else's opinions on it.

• Like Like x 1
  4. diamondderp

diamondderp Guest

right Schermafbeelding 2021-01-06 om 20.13.29.png

• Like Like x 1
  5. CowBoyWolf

CowBoyWolf Well-Known Member

that he can't enter the links

6. ZeenozPlays

Ahh, right, I'm still learning this picture thing with the forums.

7. CowBoyWolf

you mind fixing it?

8. ZeenozPlays

I'm not just gonna leave it broken, I was already fixing it. It should be fixed now.

9. CowBoyWolf

yup it works now

10. ZeenozPlays

Good To Know, turns out i accidentally set it to Author Views only or something like that.

11. Michael Newbury

The links are broken and do not work, that is what he is trying to show

12. ZeenozPlays

They should be fixed now

13. CowBoyWolf

Facepalm

14. Michael Newbury

Had a check and they are working now.

15. DXR8002

DXR8002 Well-Known Member

Personally I can't wait to find out what this is. Surprised it's releasing early 2021 considering it hasn't even been announced yet. Hoping for a revival of DTG's flight sim in some capacity, or a heli sim. On PS5. Hell yeah.

16. OnlyMe1909

OnlyMe1909 Well-Known Member

This is gonna me me sound stupid, but what does IP stand for in this case?

17. HamioSamio098

HamioSamio098 Well-Known Member

Intellectual Property :)

18. ZeenozPlays

It means Intellectual Property, basically a new game series.

19. tallboy7648

tallboy7648 Well-Known Member

A subway simulator would be fantastic. DTG have not made many subway lines for ts2021 and we only have one subway line in tsw2 so far despite the high demand for subway routes.

• Like Like x 1
  20. ZeenozPlays

I really hope these speculations are true. I need more London Underground and (A) NYC Subway Route.

21. stujoy

stujoy Well-Known Member

The subway sim speculation is purely yours from this thread though as far as I can tell. Wishful thinking at play. All we know is that Skyhook are working on DLC for TSW2 and they have separate references to a ‘new game’ and ‘new IP’ on their website and social media, including job adverts. ‘New IP’ could just refer to the TSW2 DLC, rather than the new game, and we know all about that. If the new game is also with DTG, it could be anything. Subways have never been mentioned.

• Like Like x 3
  22. ZeenozPlays

I came up with this speculation with another user in the Train Sim World subreddit yesterday after they posted these tweets from Skyhook. From a person that wants Subway Routes to see "New IP" and that they may be working with DTG on this, of course that would be one of the first things that came to mind.

• Like Like x 3
  23. Djb1990

Djb1990 Active Member

Apologies for the possible necro. How long does it have to be since the last post before its considered a necro anyway?

Just wondering if there's been any updates on this? I'm rather curious. A quick Google search revealed nothing, but others may have their secret sources ;P

24. CK95

CK95 Well-Known Member

Someone’s bumping threads that are 2/3 years old so I think you’re safe from a necrobump warning, anyway.

Nothing new as yet, but from the wording of the tweet I’d of thought they’d spoken more on the topic by now.

I originally discussed it possibly being a Subway simulator or some sort of enclosed rail experience with Zeenoz, since an IP from Skyhook would presumably be rail related, and on a small scale, of course that’s all speculation.

Stujoy is absolutely correct in saying that a new IP doesn’t mean an entirely new game, however when developers use this type of language it’s usually something bigger than a DLC, especially when they refer to it as their own IP.

They’re keeping whatever it is behind closed doors for now though, so we’ll just have to wait and see, in any case I very much look forward to their BR 187.

Last edited: Mar 1, 2021
    • Like Like x 3
  25. Djb1990

Djb1990 Active Member

Fair enough. I would laugh if it just turned out to be cane Creek! (it is Skyhook making that one right?) doubt it though, what with all this cloak and dagger, seeing that has already been announced ;P

I'm surprised absolutely nothing is known about it though. I'd have thought there'd be atleast some kind of announcement by now, considering it's meant for an early 2021 release...

• Like Like x 2
  26. stujoy

stujoy Well-Known Member

It’s been a over a year since they first announced it, and are presumably still looking for staff to work on it, but as yet no details on what it is. I can’t even find any clues only that DTG are the publishers. If it is just the DLC then surely they would say so because that’s public now and has been for some time. If it is a new game, then it can’t be anywhere near completion because marketing has not yet happened. All aboard the hype train, woo woo, etc. Imagine everyone’s disappointment when “Skyhook Games and Dovetail Games are proud to announce a brand new fishing game” hits the headlines. The horror.

• Like Like x 3
  27. Djb1990

Djb1990 Active Member

Nah, I ain't getting hyped. The hype train terminated at No Man's Sky for me. Never boarding that train again! Learned my lesson ;P hello games redeemed themselves big time though. Here's hoping cd projekt red can do the same with cyberbug...

Anyways...back on topic... It's more just curiosity than hype for me. I just hadn't seen or heard anything lately and just wanted to see if anyone else had.

Last edited: Mar 1, 2021
    • Like Like x 2
  28. Djb1990

Djb1990 Active Member

It would be pretty funny if they announced a fishing IP though. I can imagine it now. You thought they meant cane Creek the train route. No no no. They meant Cane Creek fishing. You know, that really popular fishing spot that definitely exists..

• Like Like x 3
    • Helpful Helpful x 1
  29. CK95

CK95 Well-Known Member

Skyhook Games are a separate development studio, any work they do won’t impede DTG’s development, unless it’s directly related to TSW.

30. Djb1990

Djb1990 Active Member

I just found myself thinking about this again and so I thought I'd have another look on skyhook games twitter page, and noticed that they have announced their new IP.

Lawn mowing simulator.

No joke. I definitely thought it was an April fool's joke, but it has a steam store page, and was announced a few days ago. I'm always a bit wary this time of year, but it seems legit...

Just, wow.... And I thought train simulators were niche... ;P

31. Doomotron

Doomotron Well-Known Member

Possibl
    Possibly the ultimate zen game? :D

32. CowBoyWolf

33. tubefan1973

tubefan1973 Well-Known Member

Series S/X (game not made for last gens) users ONLY can sign up for a preview on the xbox insider hub, 5 hours total playtime