I Know How To Look Up And Down In A Game

Discussion in 'Suggestions' started by stijn.claessens, Mar 2, 2021.

1. stijn.claessens

stijn.claessens Well-Known Member

So please stop making me do this in every new route (i also don't want to invert any mouse axis).
    I want to play the route i just bought, so please make these things optional.

• Like Like x 9
  2. stujoy

stujoy Well-Known Member

I would have thought that if you buy a DLC you would already have the game and will have already done the up down left right nonsense. Even then, it isn’t exactly necessary. Even if you have never used a computer or console you can quickly find out for yourself how to look and move around. If you can’t do that you are never going to be able to drive a train. And then to have us repeat it over and over without a ‘skip this step’ option is really shortsighted.

I know with buying the game and DLC and with future bundles, any route could be the first one you try so that’s why they have put it in every DLC but they should have put it in a dedicated game intro instead. A small section of a station could have been made that you are directed to on your first time in the game to get the baby stuff out of the way. Then you never have to be subjected to it ever again. The current system will be annoying to 99.99% of players who aren’t complete novices. It actually feels insulting to be taken through it a second time.

I’m all for good instruction and help for the inclusion of players at any level in the game but a little more thought could have been put into how to achieve that without needless repetition.

3. Coastway trainspotter

Coastway trainspotter Well-Known Member

There are some people who might be playing the game for the first time and would want this option so this suggestion may be disadvantaging other players

• Like Like x 1
  4. stijn.claessens

stijn.claessens Well-Known Member

I'm not saying it should not be in the game. Just make it skipable

• Like Like x 1
  5. tubefan1973

tubefan1973 Well-Known Member

yes, but DTG ought to force a certain tutorial first from one of the base game routes, so dump you into SKA for the tutorial before you can even see the route selector so then BKL, SPG, HMA, SEHS ect. don't have to use them, it is a pain up the bumhole to have to rinse and repeat it, this means that then you arent insulted by it and new players all do it once and once only (this would be repeatable in either the settings or the SKA tutorial section)

6. jolojonasgames

jolojonasgames Well-Known Member

Just register it when a player has done it once, no matter the route. After they've done it once on any route, they automatically never do it again.

• Like Like x 1
  7. dreampage

dreampage Well-Known Member

I think this general tutorial should be done only the first time for a player, regardless of their first route. It was better when the route introductions were done without these.

A better and still practical solution would be to just implement these things into the tutorial text and not make all the controls mandatory to do. I mean, for example: "Go to the designated marker. You can move with the left stick, and look around with the right stick." (Displayed controls could depend on the input device, many games do this.)

Also, a core suggestion: when the game asks if we want to invert the controls, the default option should be "NO", not "YES". If someone quickly clicks over these tutorials they might accidentally invert their controls and become even more confused.

• Like Like x 2
  8. Purno

Purno Well-Known Member

I guess these tutorials were kind of annoying when I first got TSW2, and was forced to start up the tutorial for every single route (preserved collection...) I wanted to play. Once you've played all the routes at least once, it doesn't bother you anymore.

Until at some point you either need to install TSW2 on a new machine, or need to install TSW3 or whatever new game might be released in future.

So I guess it would've been nice if the main menu did a pop up asking you wether you want to do tutorials or rather skip them, at a first time start up of a newly created profile.

9. CrazyDash

CrazyDash Well-Known Member

What they could do is give you the option to do the mini tutorial or just skip it.

• Like Like x 1