Anyone Tried The Gp40-2 From Rrmods?

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by StratPlayer62, Feb 17, 2018.

1. StratPlayer62

StratPlayer62 Well-Known Member

2. Rason Jankin

Rason Jankin Member

It operates, sounds, and IS amazing. Well worth the $20 As is their rolling stock. There is also an SP model coming with additional hoppers in the works. A 3rd party developer well worth supporting to continue producing TS dlc.

3. StratPlayer62

Well I just bought it. How do I use it in the game? I downloaded the file, unzipped and installed, but I don't see it in the game anywhere. This is the first time I bought anything that wasn't through Steam.

Thanks

4. PlatChap

PlatChap Well-Known Member

Thanks for turning me onto this. I've checked it out and it looks super high quality, as does their rolling stock. I'll be checking it out at some point.

Strat, I would double check the readme/instructions that came with the locomotive and make sure you did everything correctly. Installing mods into any game can be tricky so be sure to read everything and take your time.

5. StratPlayer62

There are operating instruction for running the loco, but no install instructions :(

6. PlatChap

Strange .. maybe Rason can help? Whenever I get around to purchasing the locomotive, I'll try and be of more help to you.

7. pschlik

pschlik Well-Known Member

Well, it has no scenarios, so if you aren't seeing it in the scenario list or quick drive list, that's expected. You have to make your own scenarios for it.

8. StratPlayer62

Where will it show up? I looked for it in the scenario editor and in free roam. Where should I be looking?

9. pschlik

I don't know where in the scenario editor asset list it would be because I don't have it! But it definitely should be in the content selection in the editor somewhere.

10. StratPlayer62

I contacted RRMods but have yet to hear a response.

11. StratPlayer62

Well I did hear back from RRMods and they got me going. I have to say this is a really fantastic locomotive, by far the most realistic I've ever driven in TS or TSW, Dovetail should seriously take some lessons from these folks on creating a locomotive. The sound, the physics, the motion, quite nice.

2 minor problems, which I have contacted the company about, the air pressure and flow gauges for the brakes don't work quite right, they are slow to respond, then when they do they move way to quickly almost jerking, on a real locomotive they would gradually show the pressure changes. Also when I use my RailDriver to adjust the throttle, the throttle does adjust properly, but the engine RPM noise never changes, it just stays at the sound for idle, when I use the keyboard the sound changes along with the engine RPM as it should.

12. pschlik

Oh yeah, it’s known that Searchlight Simulations heavily modified locomotive scripts do not work with raildriver, and there is no intention/good method to fix that (your choice) because the physics they made rely on the throttle and dynamics being at exact notches-like in real life-and the raildriver will hold the throttle in between notches since the raildriver is not notched.

13. StratPlayer62

Thanks, that is what I figured. I wish the RailDriver had 8 notches, don't know why they made it how they did.

14. PlatChap

So I finally got around to purchasing the locomotive and all I can say is ... wow. What an incredible product. The level of care that went into crafting every detail into this engine is astounding. I built a quick scenario with some of the free box cars from RRMods and just fell in love. I'll be purchasing the other rolling stock for sure and looking forward to seeing what else they can cook up.

Glad you got it working StratPlayer! See you down the line ;)

15. StratPlayer62

Yes it is quite amazing isn't it. I hope some of our scenario builders create some using this loco.

16. StratPlayer62

I've managed to replace this loco in an already build scenario and it worked great. However since then I've tried 2 others and while the loco loads fine and is running when I start the scenario, I can't get anything the throttle to respond. Any ideas what I'm doing wrong? The loco is running.

Thanks

17. Rason Jankin

Rason Jankin Member

Make sure to turn around in the cab. There is a knob on the rear wall for c&d start up. Make sure this is rotated to the "run" position prior to increasing throttle.