PlayStation Fix It

Discussion in 'Troubleshooting' started by paullisa7572, Jan 20, 2021.

1. konradtrains

konradtrains Well-Known Member

Oh I forgot to write how much I would contribute. Sorry, but I would also be there with 30€. :)

Last edited: Feb 16, 2021
    • Like Like x 13
  2. isa98bella

isa98bella Active Member

Yeeesss, this is coming from me too. I'll gladly contribute the 30€ that a route DLC costs for a fix or patch.

Nice job from you ;)

• Like Like x 13
  3. Starkiller

Starkiller Well-Known Member

really nice guys , hope we get an answer soon if or what they wanna do about the Achievement/ Trophy , please Dovetail , we would pay for your time/work , we just wanna reach our goal please Dovetail :D

• Like Like x 13
  4. tachionicantitel83

tachionicantitel83 Member

Yes, you're right, if I can get this off the ground, I'm also happy to be £25 bigboy87 ;-)

Last edited: Feb 17, 2021
    • Like Like x 14
  5. bigboy87

bigboy87 Active Member

Hello everyone, right at the beginning:

Thank you very much for this encouragement for the donation idea. It is really impressive how the Hunter community here is willing to support DTG. I'm always happy to see what a nice community follows the hobby of collecting Trophies and Achievements. The fact that we are trying to reach the goal together with DTG, instead of just demanding a solution, is I think a nice sign for all involved.

I'll just summarise again who has joined the donation idea so far. Just to make sure I'm not mistaken and also for the overview:
    (I'm not linking you here now because I'm not sure if you're comfortable with it. I think there were reasons why you wrote to me directly. Nevertheless, thank you very much for your support).

All in all, we would have gathered supporters for about 300€ in just under 3 days (currency differences between €, $ and £ roughly included).

Of course, this is not much in terms of the development of a video game, but as coasterflo also suggested. If we write to the petition supporters and start a real crowdfunding (coasterflo thanks for your offer, I'll be happy to take you up on it) , we'll surely get more money together quickly to support you.

DTG Protagonist : Please let us know if crowdfunding would help you to create a fix for the Thophäe / Achievement and if we should start it ;-)

Thanks again to all supporters who have joined so far and would join in the future.

• Like Like x 14
  6. Stockton Rails

Stockton Rails Well-Known Member

I have to say, putting together a crowdfunding effort to give DTG yet more money to fix the Cement Circle issue- an issue that should’ve been caught on their side in the first place before it ever reached a customer- seems totally wrong to me. This is rewarding ‘bad behavior’ in my book- like spending more good money after bad. To each his own on this point... but for me, this is out of the question. They’ll get no more of my money- absolutely none- until they finally clean up their act regarding the myriad of issues with their code.

Something else to consider- what if DTG fixed the Cement Circle issue, but caused new issues in the code as a result? This has happened with them before you know... how would all of you feel about your crowdfunding effort then? Would you give them yet more money?

Last edited: Feb 18, 2021
    • Like Like x 23
  7. stujoy

stujoy Well-Known Member

I really don’t understand why anyone would go to such lengths for a Playstation trophy. Nobody seems bothered if the actual content gets fixed, as long as they get a meaningless randomly assigned “reward”. You would in effect be buying a trophy. Unbelievable. Give the money to a deserving charity instead. DTG won’t accept it.

• Like Like x 8
  8. TheTipsyRaccoon

TheTipsyRaccoon Well-Known Member

I echo the two above comments. While I do want this trophy as it’s the only one I don’t have, the least I expect from the money I’ve already spent is for the content to work. There isn’t a snowball in hell’s chance that I’ll be spending any more until it is. If that means never, that’s fine too.

• Like Like x 18
  9. Mattty May

Mattty May Guest

I wouldn’t pay for functionality that should be part of the content I’ve already paid for. Whilst not everyone understands how important trophies are to a lot of people, if the trophy is supposed to pop it should. If it’s impossible to get the trophy because the game is broken, the game needs fixing. To me, that’s essential and it irks me when trophies are considered less of a priority. If they are there, they must be achievable and be 100% reliable.

• Like Like x 23
    • Helpful Helpful x 1
  10. Starkiller

There are alot of people which dont understand what achievement/Trophy mean for some people , it dont take ages to patch or what we just want re-name or change requierments of it , so dont think we wanna take alot of time for other Content , we only wanna have what we payed for and if we are ready to help DTG so why not with spending a bit money for the hard work the put in , we just try get our goal and wanna help them , we are standing togehter and helping each other in here , please DTG give us an clear answer what i the plan , we really hope for that you guys will give us the last achievement Full Circle that we need , please give it a try :D

• Like Like x 14
  11. konradtrains

I can also totally understand the position against the donation idea. You have your arguments, and they are right.

I, for one, really want to have those Achievement to complete my game and I'll support anything that can help.

Achievements (or trophies) are important. They don't just bring the collecting instinct, they are tasks, challenges or even clues to what I do next in a game.

In story games, it's just knowing what to do next, the story itself shows you the way.In simulations, the achievements show me:
    1. The collectibles let me explore the Route
    2. I also play tutorials and scenarios because of the achievements (it's a pity that you only have to play 1 of 3 loco dlc scenarios. I also find it extremely unfortunate that in TSW 2 the main game has no achievements for the three new routes that are part of the main game).
    3. and finally you collect kilometres with the locomotive, boarding tasks or train services in timetable mode.
    The Achievements have always "guided" me through the DLC / Route better than the Journey mode, because they are not themed and I would see much less of the route. :)

They also make me buy all the content, so that adds variety and the collecting drive further.

But it's like Pokemon "Catch them All" ;), and right now "Full Circle" is missing after many many hours, work and money. :(

• Like Like x 14
  12. Willowrpe

Willowrpe Well-Known Member

I feel that TSW is quite frankly full of trophy / achievement glitches and I think DTG should try to spend more time fixing them
    I have had issues with the MSB All in one trophy even though I completed the scenarios I do worry TSW1 has been abandoned if they don't support it anymore it should not be on sale

• Like Like x 13
  13. Yunas Papi

Yunas Papi Active Member

If you have completed a scenario that belongs to a dlc you have to reinstall it and do the associated ones as well. You are currently shown 5/5, but as soon as the associated dlcs are installed, this number increases.

• Like Like x 15
  14. Willowrpe

Thanks for that bit of info since I have TSW2020 on PC as well and ALL the dlc I started it up to see and yes it has more scenarios (9 now), I have noticed on other trophies that require you to do "everything" if extra content is added that extra content has to be done as well for the trophy (services for example) my guess is when they update the game for the dlc it alters the trophy requirements, still would be best if it only included the base scenarios for a route and have ones for seperate loco dlc's on a seperate trophy

• Like Like x 12
  15. Willowrpe

I added my name to the petition

getting trophies and content fixed is not a bad thing if anything it would be better for DTG's reputation. I think they need to be careful with achievements / trophies that say require you to do all services to unlock, a single glitch can send you back. Maybe stick to half of them as in some routes makes it easier in the event one is not counted

I suggest DTG work much closer to gamers to ensure issues are fixed even on TSW1 as well as ensuring that future versions of TSW are created in such a way as to reduce glitches with trophies / achievements and the ability to finish a service / scenario. The other week I had issues finishing the intro for some classic routes in TSW2 luckily it was patched

• Like Like x 13
  16. Starkiller

any news about the Full Circle or ?

• Like Like x 12
  17. DTG Protagonist

DTG Protagonist Has left the building Staff Member

Just to keep you up to date, I'm working to get a go/no-go for a fix ASAP.

• Like Like x 18
  18. bigboy87

bigboy87 Active Member

DTG Protagonist

Thanks for the update,

if patience is more likely to result in a positive response, I think we can wait. ;-)

• Like Like x 13
  19. DBklaus

DBklaus Active Member

Perfect, thanks for the info. Then times fingers crossed what the ASAP says :)

• Like Like x 12
  20. hamilton

hamilton Active Member

Also from me a thank you ;)

• Like Like x 12
  21. Willowrpe

well I tried the scenario just now cement circle, it held me at a red light before the tees yard and cant get any further, this should have been fixed as its so easy to replicate

• Like Like x 14
  22. konradtrains

Awesome, let's hope for a green light for Cement Circle and our Achievement hunt. :)

• Like Like x 13
  23. Starkiller

Hey Guys :D
    seems like we are in the Final decision week :D
    Today Sam talked about it and wanna have his final answer about the Cement Circle and Full Circle achievement.

• Like Like x 15
  24. Starkiller

i really hope they dont just say no we dont do anything , because there are many ways do give us the customers what we want and they know we payed alot of money and we showed how much we are willing to do for it , we spended alot of time and waited a long time , would be really sad if it not will be done , because there is no patch needed for our problem , i mean just unlock the Achievement/Trophy for both Systems and anything is ok for us , we dont need the hole patch if it is that much work , but a re-name of the achievement or change of it would be less work and would also be working for our target , if it doesnt get done , my account couldnt have 100% anymore because of one little thing and i would be really dissapointed about that :(

so please DTG , please do me and us an favor and give us what we asked for :D

• Like Like x 14
  25. Starkiller

if this get done , it would be better than christmas and birthday togehter :D

• Like Like x 15
  26. coasterflo

coasterflo Well-Known Member

Yes I watched the stream yesterday too, thanks for the quick update Sam and Adam.

Some have also written to me today about the petition yet, so once briefly a representative thank you from the 126 signers to DTG that you discuss the problem again.

Personally I'm in no hurry with the fix itself as long as it's coming. I've been waiting longer now and can also understand that in the coming weeks other things on the list at DTG is.

So please don't do a "no" just because it's not possible right now, I think we all like to wait here if in some months the resources would be available. ;)

I think we all hope for a positive feedback and that we can all collect our Achievements soon in TSW 2020 and then also in TSW 2. Please DTG, take the time you need, but make "Full Circle" possible for us.

upload_2021-2-24_15-51-34.png

• Like Like x 13
  27. AlexNHR

AlexNHR Member

In another place Adam said yesterday that TSW is not designed for everyone to buy all the DLCs. Sam once said some stream that Lok DLCs sell worse / rarer than Route DLCs.

The Trophies or Achievement Hunter really buy absolutely everything that gets Achievements. Sure that's not the main target audience, but we are a solid revenue source and as 126 signatures (just from True Achievements, this forum and True Trophies) show, we are not a small community, but a very loyal one if you help us.

So please DTG and @ASAP, make it happen. I think the effort is werd also from company point of view.

• Like Like x 13
  28. Grailer

Grailer Active Member

Since Sam said yesterday that Cement Circle will be decided this week, I had to join the forum after all and somehow show that there are many people that it matters.

Hello!
    I am Peter,
    come from Bremen in Germany
    and I like to collect Achievements in simulations.

Normally you can find me more on Facebook, where I share my Train Sim World 2 pictures, than here in the forum.

But the topic Achievements is important for me. I have Train Sim World 2020 for years and I'm almost done, I'm only missing the Canada Route and the BR Class 31. If Full Circle goes, I would immediately buy the two things and finish playing as soon as all Achievements go.

I am not an isolated case, we are not an isolated case.

Please decide for the small but loyal fans of the Achievements.

#FixFullCircle
    Edit later:

If you get the fundraiser going, I'm in for 30€. I can understand everyone who can not understand this step.
    Yes actually it would be selbsterverständlich that DTG should fix, but hey ... I am a fanboy on the one hand and on the other hand a compromise is often the only right solution.

Last edited: Feb 24, 2021
    • Like Like x 13
  29. xboxachievementgroup

xboxachievementgroup Member

Hello DTG Forum,

we have now come across this post as well, after being alerted to this thread several times last week by German Xbox customer support. (Microsoft is probably aware of the problem and is currently waiting for DTG's statement before they become active probably).

To introduce ourselves briefly, we are 6 Achievement Hunter from Germany / Austria and have (unaware of this forum) contacted Microsoft separately because of Cement Circle.

Now we are Up to Date and would like to comment briefly bundled, because actually everything was said:

1.) Thanks to DTG for checking again how a solution would be possible.

2.) Virtually every one of us owns all the DLC for TSW 2020, 2 of us have also already started with TSW 2.

What we lack in content we buy so we can collect all Achievements. This is true for TSW 2020 as well as TSW 2. We are loyal customers but as many others have written, it makes no sense for us if we can't complete the games.

Please DTG, fix this problem, you yourself once said in the live stream that it is important to you that you can unlock all Achievements. Stand by your word.

3.) We have also joined the petition and would like to do the same for the fundraiser, if it comes to pass:

Huckelbilly: 30€
    Tarantino0804: 25€
    Sabanoray: 30€
    STREETG10: 30€
    ThunderZombie: 20€
    sC4RecR0w 187: 30€
    ----------------------------------------------------------
    Total: 165€ for the fundraiser (here a list Gamertag + donation)

Please write us on Xbox Live if the fundraiser starts, we are really only here for this topic and therefore not really active in this forum.

• Like Like x 13
  30. DBklaus

DBklaus Active Member

I can confirm that the German XBOX support is aware of the "Full Circle Problem". Also I was referred to this forum and this thread, because Dovetail Games still wants to express itself here to a possible solution (Phone call from 16.02.2021).

This was the test Sam in the stream and DTG Protagonist reported in the past weeks (I think)

As the employee on the phone explained to me, there is currently a violation of the developer rule "XR-055".

XR-055: all achievements in the title must be achievable

According to this rule, if a game can no longer support an achievement requirement due to glitches, server closures, or lost content, a developer can change the requirements to make them achievable.

This rule applies in the case of Full Circle and thus does not violate Rule XR-060.

However, before Microsoft considers complaints, refunds or removal of the game from Gamepass, they want to wait for the developers' statement in this forum.
    Since it's a Gamepass game, they're probably keeping an eye on the whole situation here, just as they are on the further course of the Windows 10 release.

They ask for understanding as Microsoft is hoping for a solution for all platforms (including PlayStation) before contacting Dovetail Games regarding their contracts and policies.

As I said, this is what I was told, but I'm also just a customer, not directly from Xbox.

• Like Like x 13
  31. konradtrains

Oha, well then the whole thing is not only because of the fans but I see it like Microsoft.

I think no one wants to have any legal issues here, in the end it's about a good relationship between all games and a solution for all (so PlayStation too).

Nice that they wait an eye on the matter, but behave so fair for now.

I am bigger DTG fan, I trust in the developers and that we will hear positive. ;) ;)

• Like Like x 13
  32. DTG Protagonist

Folks, there's no need to spam support for this topic. Doing so is likely to get it locked.

• Like Like x 4
  33. Starkiller

hey guys calm down , DTG Protagonist is right , i mean i can unterstand the hype and the feelings but please , they will give us the answer in the next couple of days so why not just chill and have all a little patience :D

They do there best so let us do our best to be patience ;D
    will be worth it :D

• Like Like x 16
  34. AC Rock3tman

AC Rock3tman Member

That`s true, let us wait for any further informations!

• Like Like x 13
  35. Seamus McLimey

Seamus McLimey Member

Thanks Protagonist for the updates. It is certainly appreciated. Readings through some of these replies, there are certainly a lot of valid points. Achievement, for some of us, are the way we like to play our games. Some may not understand that, but we all have our reasons for gaming and none are more correct than others. The Cement Circle issue largely revolves around the achievement (for us), but in turn it would also be nice if content that is still purchasable worked as it was intended. It just so happens that if there was a fix, us achievement hunters would get our nice shiny achievement/trophy to show for it.

Look forward to further updates! As an aside, I find myself sinking a lot of time into these games. A must be a sucker for the English countryside or something lol.

• Like Like x 14
  36. DTG Protagonist

I've spoken to the right people. As soon as there's an answer I'll let you know. (If I don't get an answer within a week I'll harass accordingly)

• Like Like x 17
  37. Starkiller

got my fingers crossed that we get our Achievement

• Like Like x 12
  38. coasterflo

Thanks again for your input and update.

Please don't stress yourself and your colleagues too much, you surely have a lot to do with the release tomorrow.

We have waited almost three quarters of a year for it, the one week or not, think there is no hurry.
    We are grateful that you take on the matter, please take the time you need ;)

• Like Like x 13
  39. Starkiller

there was something on the stream today is i still in work with our problem here or ?

• Like Like x 12
  40. coasterflo

They briefly pointed out that they don't know yet. That DTG takes time and to check that shows at least that they are trying and do not say no directly. So we continue to hope for the best :)

Stream 09.03.2021 - 1:24:52 - "Train Sim World 2 Roadmap 9 March 2021"

• Like Like x 14
  41. Starkiller

another week to wait , for an yes or an no , but an no would redicilous in my opinion , because we even started to say we would pay for the work , to get the final achievement , there are many people which just need this achievement and the game would be completed and even more people the dont buy the dlc and the game because of this one , so please try to just unlock the achievement , just fix it like in TSW2 , you guys made i once so why not an second time , you must know the problem about it , and should be not that much of an work , i think people can understand why im writing this because we are just wanna have an yes we make it , simple as that.

• Like Like x 13
  42. bigboy87

bigboy87 Active Member

Starkiller :
    You speak to me (and I think others) from the soul, just because it is quiet here in the forum at the moment, it does not mean that we forget the topic or no longer have interest in it.

I have no hurry with an answer, understand that DTG needs time, so I think that many here wait and allow DTG this time. But DTG we are still here and waiting ;-)

-------------------
    btw i think it's very cool that Microsoft / XBOX is so active when it comes to Achievements and supports you. On the PlayStation is unfortunately different. That the Achievement Community has so "backing" at Microsoft, is a great customer service.

• Like Like x 13
  43. TheTipsyRaccoon

TheTipsyRaccoon Well-Known Member

I’m worried DTG will assume that because we’ve gone quiet, the problem has gone away...

It already feels to me like we’re being strung along.

Last edited: Mar 14, 2021
    • Like Like x 15
  44. Willowrpe

Its really annoying how so many glitches and trophy's / achievements are bugged in TSW1, if I was to take a guess, how they designed TSW is responsible for the glitches which explains why TSW2 was created and not just a free core update for TSW1. If you build your house on quick sand its not going to stand for long. If they are having issues fixing the problems (which is my guess) they should say so, I have had an issue with the MSB All in order trophy, I have done it offline, online on PS4 / PS5 with and without dlc no joy. Other people are getting the trophy from the looks I don't know if they are using a disc version of 2020 though as mine is digital its maybe an update that broke it that boxed version owners can get around.

Any future TSW versions need to be updated so its easy for fix issues and as for other trophies that struggle to unlock at the very least update them so they unlock easier (for example the MSB All in order, just start or complete one scenario) since the original TSW is now not really supported a mop up of a few glitches would be welcomed and would show good will to the community

• Like Like x 13
  45. games4achievements

games4achievements Member

bigboy87 is absolutely right, I think many only read in this forum post.

I only signed up to confirm that once briefly. I look here (since the XBOX support has referred me here) every day once purely if there is something new.

I'm definitely not in a hurry for an answer, but if it's important to DTG that we all write here, all concerned. I'm sure that many register especially for this. But please DTG, tell us then.

Otherwise, you have yes with your contributions (and thank you for it) at least my point of view very well. Therefore, I signed the petition and was so far a silent reader.

• Like Like x 12
  46. konradtrains

I don't think DTG has forgotten us. They may also just need time to get everything in place and see where they can fit it in between all the new content and fixes for TSW 2.

So I haven't given up hope yet and am counting on DTG.

I can only agree with Starkiller though. Like I said, I'm holding off on TSW 2 and buying DLC for it, but with the next two stretch.

Please fix it DTG , I want to play Arosa Line :love: and be able to put forward my journey despite the Achievement chasing ;)

• Like Like x 13
  47. DTG Protagonist

You're not forgotten, here's the state of play.

My suggested "easy" solution apparently isn't going to fly as changing the criteria for earning a trophy/achievement isn't permitted post launch. I've a catch-up with the head of development this week where I'll raise the topic again to try and get you some go/no-go closure if nothing else.

• Like Like x 15
  48. L89

L89 Well-Known Member

I think achievements and trophies are allowed to be changed in some circumstances for a good reason. Dirt 5 changed a 10,000 miles achievement to 1,000 miles. This was for Xbox and PlayStation. A patch changed the unlock conditions and the achievement/trophy descriptions were modified. This was a massive change in the requirements. Many players complained about the original requirements being too excessive.

Destiny 2 also changed some achievement requirements to different events than what they originally were. "Show Me What You Got" achievement requires players to complete the "Light Reforged" quest instead of completing the Crucible introduction. This was because some achievements would end up unobtainable due to new updates/discontinued content.

A fair change in the requirements like making a player do another scenario in the Class 31 pack would be acceptable? I don't think there will be any issue here if the change is for a legitimate reason (unobtainable in this case) that players support. Playing another scenario is no more difficult than playing Cement Circle if it wasn't for the red signal at the end.

• Like Like x 14
  49. Starkiller

at first thank you DTG Protagonist for you answer , im happy about it .

there are many games which have change the requirements of an Achievement
    Gears of War 4 had much online achievements and they changed all of them to be obtainable for anyone , but now you have to play some single player stuff , but that would be it , just change the requierment to the one scenario which is still working and we can finally get the 100% in TSW 2020, you guys seen that we are still very active in here and how much people wrote after my last post , achievements are importent for many people often more Gamerscore Hunter buying dlc because they wanna have all achievements in there game and there are many which started TSW2020 and i think will be some more after any achievement is still obtainable , so please DTG , give us the patch or the requierment change in TSW 2020 Cement Circle so we can go further on , if you more powerfull statements where it has been done we would help you to get our final goal , we just wanna have the last achievement been obtainable after you guys broke it with the class 20 dlc by mistake , we unterstand that is not as much importent than an new dlc for TSW2 but , hey you guys see there alot of peolpe still fighting for TSW 2020.

sry for the long text but its so importent and on the 25th is my birthday and if it would be working that would be my absolut best present ^^

• Like Like x 13
  50. dertobi

dertobi Member

Starkiller and many others are absolutely right, Achievements are important.

So important, in fact, that for the last 1.5 months I've found myself watching the RoadMap stream on YouTube every other week just to hear if Sam is going to give us an update. ;)

Thanks to the Protagnonist for the quick update.

If you guys fix Full Circle, it's "shut up and take my money for TSW 2 and all new DLCs" for me.:D:D:D

[​IMG]

• Like Like x 8