PlayStation Where Are The Passengers?

Discussion in 'TSW General Discussion' started by Sheldon1000, Mar 3, 2021.

1. Sheldon1000

Sheldon1000 Well-Known Member

So playing a nice rush hour morning service on GWE. Sun shining, stopping station to station, impressed with my timekeeping and accuracy. Imagining the joy of getting the public to work on time and safely I decided to see who was on my train. Zero. Not 1 passenger on my train! I checked every carriage and nope. The whole journey was empty. Never have I felt so worthless in my life. Zero job satisfaction.

When will DTG actually make trains and stations busy with passengers? It kills the immersion. When doing a passenger service I expect passengers to service.

Thank you.

• Like Like x 12
  2. RynoHawk

RynoHawk Member

Last time I ran a DMU there were a few people on the train at Paddington, but then it appeared everyone got at the next stop at Eaton Broadway.

• Like Like x 1
  3. flickyhecky

flickyhecky Active Member

Passenger AI does need looking at, sometimes their are no passengers at all when it should be busy. Also when checking trains late at night when the services have stopped they are still sitting in the carriages in the sidings.

Doesn't really bother my enjoyment, it's just that it needs sorting so that each AI has a purpose from going to A to B.

• Like Like x 1
  4. Sheldon1000

Agreed. I do prefer seeing my passenger train full at rush hour times. I hope this is something they can fix when they better optimise the game along with draw distance.

5. tallboy7648

tallboy7648 Well-Known Member

Sadily passenger numbers haven't been addressed even when tsw came out 4 years ago. Hopefully when the game is better optimized, we can get more passengers or a crowed train of them in our train because it kills immersion. If dtg don't simulate covid then stations and trains shouldn't be empty as if there is a pandemic or zombie outbreak

6. kevin.charb81

kevin.charb81 Well-Known Member

Ya this is an immersion killer. At least let us switch the PIS to "In Training" to justify the full effect.

• Like Like x 1
  7. tallboy7648

I don't think all trains have a "In Training" display

8. helderbrincolas

helderbrincolas Well-Known Member

In the begining of TSW 2, Sam said that passengers needed lots of improvement and that the team would focus on this aspect. Let's see if they improve it, or if it was just easy talk and work will not be done...

• Like Like x 1
  9. tallboy7648

I mean it's been more than half a year since the release of tsw2 and passengers have yet to be improved so it seems so far that it was easy talk and it won't be improved until tsw3 comes out or maybe not at all

Last edited: Mar 5, 2021
    • Like Like x 1
  10. Sheldon1000

Unfortunately I agree.

• Like Like x 1
  11. SHINO BAZ

SHINO BAZ Well-Known Member

Well there are plenty of extra passengers,they unfortunately prefer to stand on the tracks or in tunnels instead of riding anyones trains.

• Like Like x 3
  12. helderbrincolas

Let's see in the end of this year if the passengers were improved, if not, Sam lied. And like i said in many times, DTG doesn't know how to manage the game and what to give prioraty to...

• Like Like x 1
  13. Sheldon1000

Just watching the live stream and Sam addressed the lack of passengers and stated that this is going to be worked on by DTG and to keep an eye on the roadmap.

• Like Like x 1
  14. erg73

erg73 Well-Known Member

The double-decker TGV Duplex has a capacity of about 1,000 passengers. Well, tonight I counted the number of passengers on the various journeys I have driven. Do you know how many? Zero!
    This is certainly unacceptable. We are talking about one of the last routes, and we have gone from bad to worse because the older ones (RT, GWE, LIRR, NTP...) had plenty of passengers.
    What has happened here? It's not that they're not fixing this, it's that they're messing it up even more!

Translated with www.DeepL.com/Translator (free version)

• Like Like x 2
  15. helderbrincolas

TSW is moving backwards guys, per example since Main Spessart Bahn we can setup the destination display and now we can't since the Class 395 and 465... This game has 4 years and we don't see any major changes. TSW is now a dlc machine and nothing more.

• Like Like x 1
  16. SHINO BAZ

Well the TGV/LGV is a very expensive train to ride,maybe the people living in a train sim world can't afford to ride it currently.

• Like Like x 1
  17. erg73

erg73 Well-Known Member

But this is a simulator of how to ruin a company, poor SNCF!
    I don't think they will survive on what DTG will pay them for the licence alone.:(

• Like Like x 1
  18. tallboy7648

I've heard that statement thousands of times. Even going back as far as the tsw2020 days where they said passengers would be improved but never happened then but let's hope they finally do

19. tallboy7648

This is so true. When I use the bakerloo line, I have passengers that will be on the walkways in the station so when they do get to the platform after a long walk, my doors are already closed and Im already leaving. Sometimes they just walk right onto the train with the doors closed which I find odd and sometimes I'll just open the doors again so they can get on. Yes there will be some people not at the platform when a train arrives for various reasons but most passengers would/should be on the platform so they can get on like in reality

20. tallboy7648

Maybe but that's not simulated in the game so all the people could ride on the train

21. tallboy7648

This game has moved backwards in some areas. You would think a "new game" would move forward in all areas and not backwards in some

22. DXR8002

DXR8002 Well-Known Member

Plenty of passengers on ps5.

23. Sheldon1000

Not a single passenger to be seen. Not one at the station nor on the train. Same at every station I stopped at through the whole route.

Attached Files:

24. SHINO BAZ

Maybe this was during the height of the caronavirus when everyone had to stay home.

25. Stephen Crofts

Stephen Crofts Well-Known Member

There's been a noticeable drop in passenger numbers since tsw2 original release on PS4. It varies with route though, I find NTP is quite well attended whereas WSR the few people just stand in the platform and never get on.
    On Sehs and GWE the passengers stream off the train in large numbers at the first stop and that's your lot.

But it sounds like the issue of passengers is slowly working it's way up the getting urgent list when I listen to what is said on the streams

26. HeuF

HeuF Active Member

The passengers are going to the same shop buying the same clothes... :D

• Like Like x 1
  27. paladinman8

paladinman8 New Member

I have noticed this too, I've found that when starting a timetable or scenario planner, when you open the doors at the first station all the passengers GET OFF! Leaving the completely empty train! This is also on the LGV.

• Like Like x 1
  28. Cottonmouth

Cottonmouth Active Member

I like when you have to park up the train down a siding for the end of a shift at 2300hrs you get told to close down and walk over to the marker to finish the task and when you look back there's passengers still sat in the carriages.

29. erg73

erg73 Well-Known Member

That's right, there is a strange error on this route, something is wrong with the passenger routines. DTG should do something about it because it's one thing if the trains can't be full of NPCs because of performance, it's quite another if there are NONE.
    LGV is a route I love and you can tell they put a lot of effort into building it but this bug is very annoying and detracts from the end result.

• Like Like x 1
  30. paladinman8

paladinman8 New Member

I agree with you, it's a lovely route to drive, and as you have said, a lot of effort went into this pack. I'm sure they have the format the wrong way round for loading and unloading passengers!

I'm going to keep on DTG about this issue!

• Like Like x 1