PlayStation Tricky Tunnels Emergency Brake Application

Discussion in 'TSW General Discussion' started by Mattty May, Feb 4, 2021.

1. Mattty May

Mattty May Guest

On the SHS Tricky Tunnels scenario you stop at Ebbsfleet and as you leave Ebbsfleet, you get a red TVM signal, which I stop at least 30 yards before. The TVM signal then goes green, but as I start pulling away, even before I reach the TVM marker, the emergency brakes are applied and the alarms go off.

I have no clue what I’m doing wrong other than having the safety systems turned on.

2. Mattty May

Mattty May Guest

It worked without safety systems turned on. Either I was doing something wrong, which if I was, I have no clue what, or safety systems trigger the trains emergency brakes incorrectly.

3. Wilfboy

Wilfboy Active Member

In the 395 tutorial I accidentally applied the emergency brakes and the alarms are ringing but there are no instructions on how to reset the brakes so I am stuck. This is normally included in other tutorials but not here.

• Like Like x 1
  4. L89

L89 Well-Known Member

Move back to emergency brake and it resets. In the tutorials you can get locked out though because the script disables certain actions (I had to restart the route introduction due to the controls locking).

• Like Like x 1
  5. Wilfboy

Wilfboy Active Member

Thanks

6. Dave Mel

Dave Mel Well-Known Member

i had the emergency brake go off when i was in the Thames tunnel. no instructions came up on how to reset the brakes i tried everything i know. but nothing happened only bells and alarms going off. it did my head in and so i had to fail it. it has to be a bug as it was a senario and it should be giving instructions on what to do

• Like Like x 1
  7. BR125

BR125 Well-Known Member

there is definitely something off here - it gives you a clear/80 and it goes off AS SOON as you apply power, even if youre nowhere near the board. There is also no instrument indication so I definitely think its something going rouge.

• Like Like x 2
  8. Yerolo

Yerolo Well-Known Member

Yep this scenario is bugged if you have TVM enabled in the rear panel. As soon as you cross the TVM board after being cleared to 80 the e-brake kicks in. Resetting the brake clears the alarm but as soon as you start moving again it repeats

The only workaround at the moment is to disable TVM from the panel

• Like Like x 2
  9. Tynmar

Tynmar Well-Known Member

My embarrassing tale of this scenario is I “SPAD” the same red light. Rolling along thinking it’ll change in a mo. Nope, had to wait for slow coach to clear the down line.

Extremely pleased to report the trophy did pop second attempt :D

• Like Like x 1
  10. TinTin_57

TinTin_57 Well-Known Member

How exactly do you reset the brake please? Only way I found to get out of this was to completely turn off master key and back on to reset things. Worked after that but I know it didn't feel right. like stopping in the fast lane!!

• Like Like x 1
  11. CowBoyWolf

CowBoyWolf Well-Known Member

E brake then alarm ring then e brake and when the alarm shuts the duck up you need to apply power and it works

• Like Like x 3
    • Helpful Helpful x 1
  12. Yerolo

Yerolo Well-Known Member

Hold the brake in the emergency position for about 5secs and release...the alarm should stop and you can continue (If you used the e-brake plunger to stop, you'll need to release that as well)

In this case, resetting the brake does nothing as the TVM keeps tripping as is bugged and locked in the stop position after clearing the player.

• Like Like x 2
  13. ixofxiii

ixofxiii Well-Known Member

I have the exact same issue in "Shopping Shuttle". Same location, e-brake applied. No recovery.

14. Gronk Honker

Gronk Honker Active Member

I had this problem on the Shopping Shuttle scenario, because I drove with safety systems on. Make sure AWS, DSD, KVB and TVM are all turned off in the rear cab before changing ends.

Last edited: Feb 5, 2021
  15. ixofxiii

Oh! So disable everything, change ends. So leaving them on in the previous end does it huh? OK. Gonna try this out. Thanks!

• Like Like x 2
  16. Gronk Honker

Gronk Honker Active Member

Worked for me! Let us know how you get on.

17. Dave93

Dave93 New Member

I’m getting the same problem and there’s no manual out yet, come on Dovetail it’s very frustrating.

18. ckop64

ckop64 Member

I am having the same issue on PC. You cannot get past the first TVM post after it's gone green. The only way as of now seems to be disabling TVM for this scenario.

19. Dave Mel

Dave Mel Well-Known Member

i redid this senario this morning for the second time. it worked without ebraked. i got through to st pancrack with no problems. and i got the trophy awarded. so it looks like you can shut the game down completely and restart it. or another way is to press R1 on the controller hold it for about 5 secs and release it should then release the brakes, it does work ive tried this method on other runs.

oh i must say i never use aws or tvm or other safety devices on this train because they are a pain just like pzb is

20. TinTin_57

TinTin_57 Well-Known Member

Love this Dave, St Pancrack is my new name for it going forwards lol

• Like Like x 5
  21. ixofxiii

That's the thing, it's the TVM that's activating the brakes in this scenario so naturally since you don't use it, you won't have the train bail on you.

22. guardupfront

guardupfront Active Member

Is the sequence of Green aspect signal leaving Ebbsfleet to TVM 000 as soon as you pass that signal but prior to the next signalling board actually possible?

23. Mattty May

Mattty May Guest

Just tried this scenario again with all safety systems on and I still received an emergency brake application when passing the restricted flag, which had cleared to let me through. Released the emergency brakes and tried moving off again, only to be stopped a second time.

I’m pretty sure this issue was supposed to have been fixed, but it’s still not working as it should.

• Like Like x 2
  24. CK95

CK95 Well-Known Member

Yup, same here.

This is the only scenario I have left to do and wanted to clear it before the 465 tonight.

Yes, I could just leave the safety systems off but I kind of want to play my simulation game.

• Like Like x 1
  25. jasonpfc

jasonpfc Well-Known Member

Handy tip, when changing ends at ebbsfleet, instead of requesting to pass, hold at ebbsfleet until a clear aspect appear, KVM/TVB doesnt trip

• Like Like x 1
  26. CK95

CK95 Well-Known Member

There is no changing ends on Tricky Tunnels..

27. jasonpfc

jasonpfc Well-Known Member

Ah, I mixed 2 up together, but still hold at ebbsfleet until clear aspect, professor P told me that as a work around

• Like Like x 2