Dtg Please Hire More Sound /audio Engineers

Discussion in 'Suggestions' started by GoldenTicket420, Feb 15, 2021.

?
  1. Yes

72 vote(s)
    88.9%
  2. No

9 vote(s)
    11.1%
  1. tallboy7648

tallboy7648 Well-Known Member

I agree with this 100% and I personally don't mind waiting a little longer for dlcs if we get improved sound. Like I said before their consistency is a major problem. They can deliver on certain trains but some trains clearly get the "Release It Now, Fix it later" policy. If they take their time to sort out sound instead of releasing trains that have not so great sound like the m7 on lirr instead of fixing it almost 7 months after release then threads like this probably wouldn't exist

• Like Like x 1
  2. ghawk2005

ghawk2005 Well-Known Member

I would say the biggest area that needs a lot more research is the physics. Especially acceleration and braking characteristics, Most models are way off.

3. Tasr

Tasr Member

I'm currently studying video game sound engineering and composition, and I can fully back you on this.

People don't realise that sound engineering is just as complex as any other aspect of the game making process, especially when you're working in 7.1 surround (which I believe DTG are, though I may be wrong), I will admit, although I'm not too fused about sounds on the game, I was a little dissapointed in the Bakerloo Line sounds, because they're not great, and I suspect the traction motor sound particularly is generated, not a live recording. But realistically, the point of the game is to DRIVE trains, not HEAR trains. It's only immersion breaking if you're a daily commuter on a certain train, and you know the train sounds like the back of your hand.

Personally, I travel on a 166 nearly everyday, and Although with TSW2020 the sounds weren't great, it wasn't game breaking at all because the train's physics from what I could tell were spot on. Since then DTG have redonbe the sounds for the 166 since moving it to TSW2, and they are much better, so they're clearly willing to upgrade their sounds, but it isn't a long process, and especially with the pandemic going on, the sound engineer(s) will understandably have a hard time upgrading the sounds.

DTG clearly care about the players, the sheer detailing they put into the trains, timetables and route accuracy shows, this game by no way is a cash grab, please respect the developers because they can easily just not make this game. But they do.

Read the roadmaps, watch the streams before you criticize.

• Like Like x 1