Köln To Duisburg Via Düsseldorf

Discussion in 'Suggestions' started by Perks390, Jan 20, 2021.

1. Perks390

Perks390 Well-Known Member

I think the Köln to Duisburg route would make an excellent addition to TSW2. Initially I was going to suggest Köln to Düsseldorf but if route/timetable merging were possible then you could get a long run of the RE1 service from Aachen to Bochum, plus it adds extra length to the existing HRR which people are after. It also works very well as a stand-alone route for newcomers or those not interested in the other routes.
    The route covers a distance of roughly 65km with journey times ranging between 35-50 minutes for ICE/IC/Regional and 50 minutes from Köln to Düsseldorf for the S6 service.
    Köln to Düsseldorf itself is a very busy route with ICE, IC, RE/RB, S-Bahn and Freight all running on the route. It also makes use of LZB.
    In terms of rolling stock the majority of regional services which cover Köln to Duisburg are operated by 146&double deck coaching stock. ICE services are operated by a variety of ICE units and IC services are operated by the 101. This route also offers the ability to run Thalys on the whole route (or from Aachen if merged).
    Just a side note, I'm British and my knowledge of German railways isn't fantastic (TSW was the main thing that got me interested in German railways more) so I've complied as much as I can from some basic research. Feel free to correct me or add anything else interesting which I've not pointed out. Be interesting to hear everyone's thoughts. I commonly play the route in Zusi 3.

• Like Like x 34
  2. 59321747

59321747 Well-Known Member

Sooner or later DTG will connect the German route, because players have the highest expectations for the German route.

• Like Like x 1
  3. matinakbary

matinakbary Well-Known Member

Please be careful with your words. We don't know that for sure. It is not confirmed, only your opinion.

Good route suggestion. Instant buy. Also the Desiro HC now run on this route, replacing a couple of 146+Dosto trains. And some S-Bahns are now the Stadler FLIRT 3XL trains, i love riding them!

• Like Like x 1
  4. tallboy7648

tallboy7648 Well-Known Member

I like the idea of this route. An extension to the short hrr route would be very welcome

5. 59321747

59321747 Well-Known Member

Don't you want it?

6. matinakbary

matinakbary Well-Known Member

With the routes we have? No. Because there is no Service from Wupertal Siegen via Hagen. Connecting this routes is just...useless.
    Don't get me wrong, I'd LOVE to have longer routes. But I don't want DTG to waste their time for merging routes that must not be connected. Let's say the next german route is Duisburg - Köln. Then YES, please merge SKA and HRR with it. Awesome. Perfect. Useful. But RRO and RSN? No need for that.

• Like Like x 2
  7. Perks390

Just found a cab ride video which covers the route for those interested:

8. solicitr

solicitr Well-Known Member

No passenger service. Freight makes that run (and most people who bought RSN did it because they like freight)

9. drnicktgm#1259

drnicktgm#1259 Well-Known Member

The only thing is they can still sell all that routes as an dlc and if you bought all the routes then these routes can get merged, they want still to get money and a merged route wouldn't bring in a lot of money only of you would first but the both puzzle of the route then they should get merged into each other if you understand what I mean

10. Kappi701

Kappi701 Active Member

Great thing.
    Dreaming on : Duisburg - Düsseldorf - Köln, with Düsseldorf - Köln on routes via Neuss/Dormagen and Mainline via Leverkusen.
    Then connecting Düsseldorf - Wuppertal, Bochum-Hagen and you can have a giant circle route. Maybe add Wuppertal - Köln via Solingen also.

• Like Like x 3
  11. tallboy7648

tallboy7648 Well-Known Member

That would sound cool

12. driverwoods#1787

driverwoods#1787 Well-Known Member

That's good and if you watched the entire video you should hear Sifa alarms going off or the PZB/LZB chime. What dovetail games need to do is ask Deutsche Bahn employees to let them do the whole route then from that cab ride render the whole route in-game.

13. johnjohn190690

johnjohn190690 Active Member

I'm up for this all the way.. Same like you from UK and knowledge of German Routes is from TS and TSW2 although I did visit Köln before my interest in German trains and routes stuff took off. Took a train from St. Pancras to Brussels then ICE Service to Köln. Every German route that comes out first day buy instantly. Also we have Köln Dusseldorf in TS its definitely showing its age now and would love for that route to come into TSW2 and with going up to Duisburg 100% behind this suggestion.

14. jolojonasgames

jolojonasgames Well-Known Member

Hey, I linked your suggestion in my map of the Ruhr and Surrounding Area Rail Network Map, hope you don't mind. It's a map that visualizes the "missing links" in the current Ruhr Rail Network. Do you mind if I make my own suggestion on this route in the future?

• Like Like x 2
  15. Perks390

That's fine by me! More people suggest it, the more likely it is to happen!

• Like Like x 2
  16. acella

acella New Member

I agree with this route, and I actually been thinking the same thing. It would be a very nice 200 km/h mainline with a good balance for speed between ICE high speed and regional and freight. I personally feel that having the RRX Desiros would be a perfect pairing for this route as it would be able to run on most of the RE trains and provide a nice break from the DB Red and ICE colours.

Last edited: Mar 6, 2021
    • Like Like x 2
  17. drnicktgm#1259

The only thing that is sad is, that DTG trys do create single routes, I would much more love it if they would add full areas like German states (Bundesländer) will all the routes that are there, then we could enjoy the full map for example of Nordrhein-Westfalen or Bayern and ..., It may take much longer to develop, but I would rather pay much more and wait longer for something like that to come out

• Like Like x 1
  18. drnicktgm#1259

upload_2021-3-6_8-21-45.png then we could have routes that look like this, and that are many kilometres/miles to drive on

• Like Like x 1
  19. jolojonasgames

jolojonasgames Well-Known Member

The first step towards that is connecting the routes already in game. Only this route and Köln - Wuppertal are needed to have a total of 6 connected routes.

After that connecting Bochum and Hagen somehow would be fun, as it would give you a more connected network.

From that extending towards the Rollbahn and the border crossings with the Netherlands at Bad Bentheim and maybe Emmerich would have my preference, because I'd like to see Dutch routes.
    Of course Köln-Koblenz and Köln-Frankfurt, for which there are also good suggestions, are not to be forgotten.

Last edited: Mar 6, 2021
    • Like Like x 2