Random Events In Timetable Services

Discussion in 'Suggestions' started by Jo_Kim, Feb 27, 2021.

1. Jo_Kim

Jo_Kim Well-Known Member

This feature was already in mentioned in a stream. The idea is to add more variety to timetable services by introducing (optional) random events. This thread is used to show and discuss such random events that would be fun to see in TSW. I have many ideas that would be a great addition but will only show a few, rather unknown, options.

Emergency Stop demanded by signaling center
    Signaling centers can demand emergency stop for certain or all trains on a line. This can have multiple reasons for example persons on the line, a faulty car unnoticed by the driver (mostly freight trains), or a signaling failure (e.g. level crossing fault). The video shows such an event in Germany caused by a failure of a level crossing.

Pass signal at danger
    Signals are built to fail-safe. Even if all conditions would allow for a signal to clear, the signal will remain at danger if something is faulty. Depending on the country there are different options to pass the signal. In all countries an instruction by the signaling centre can be used in this case. In Germany (and many other countries) there are also options that do not involve contacting the signalman.
    One of these is the Ersatzsignal (subsidiary signal) which also to pass the signal at max. 40km/h and continue at line speed.

Signal falls back to danger
    There are many reasons why signals fall back to danger. If this is implemented in the game however it must be possible to have a SPAD without the services terminating. Due to long braking distances, a SPAD is sometimes unpreventable (as can be seen in the video).

PS: On British routes this can be combined with the implementation of SPAD indicators (where installed)

Repair / Construction on the line
    This is mostly combined with temporary speed restrictions or track closures. Trains may be diverted on the wrong track.

Last edited: Mar 4, 2021
    • Like Like x 24
  2. jolojonasgames

jolojonasgames Well-Known Member

It will definetly be fun to see the delays on the information boards at station :). Features like this have the ability to increase the amount of gameplay near infinitely. Of course random events like "train broke down, good luck walking" shouldn't be added, but your suggestions are great.

• Like Like x 4
  3. Wolfovizer

Wolfovizer Well-Known Member

They're all great suggestions. My favourite is the track works as this could add workers by the track as well as speed restrictions. :)

• Like Like x 2
  4. hibiki

hibiki Well-Known Member

To me I prefer doing the timetable services than just scenarios. I have always believed that we do need TSRs, red signals and other little things to make it more lifelike.

• Like Like x 3
  5. finntd#7891

finntd#7891 Well-Known Member

I love this idea maybe stuff like a car crash on the side of a car.
    I loved to see some of the random events in fallout games so to have them in tsw would be cool

6. tallboy7648

tallboy7648 Well-Known Member

Hopefully random events will come in the future

7. paulc

paulc Well-Known Member

Even just the odd red light wouldn't go amiss!

• Like Like x 1
  8. jolojonasgames

Seeing a diversion because of a broken train on the line in front would be fun aswell.

Last edited: Mar 2, 2021
    • Like Like x 1
  9. 43050

43050 Well-Known Member

Even driving the rail replacement bus service :cool::cool::cool:

seriously though, a very good suggestion that would give timetabled services huge variety and differences every time they are played.

• Like Like x 1
  10. Blackwolf

Blackwolf Member

Great suggestions but I also that one day that DTG can made the dispatchers much more flexible, change of tracks, etc etc etc.
    Even change the meeting point with delays on single track operations.

• Like Like x 1
  11. jolojonasgames

Yeah, they mentioned an improved dispatcher is neccesary for a lot of things that they'd like to add into the game in a stream. Seems like we're a while away from that though.

• Like Like x 1
  12. Blackwolf

Blackwolf Member

Yes i would reccon that. As a railworker the sudden changes of things make things interesting.
    Also the possibillity with direct comunication the dispstcher would be interesting. Both ways.

Last edited: Mar 3, 2021
    • Like Like x 1