Loss Of Power When Changing Ends

Discussion in 'Troubleshooting' started by Jstlufc, Mar 12, 2018.

1. Jstlufc

Jstlufc New Member

I've spotted this one with both the HST and 166 so far.

Driving the Christmas Engineering scenario, the HST performs fine down the Ealing Broadway but after shutting down and changing ends it maxes out at 85mph enroute back to Slough despite being in full power. I'd comfortably made 125 on the way to Ealing Broadway.

Same with the 166, I drove a service to Maidenhead without issue, but after changing ends and heading back East the 166 unit refuses to go more than 45mph!

I've shut down as per instruction on both occasions, certainly in the case of the HST I followed the scenario instructions perfectly.

2. Trainmania100

Trainmania100 Well-Known Member

I assume you've got the brakes off? You don't need to turn the engine off just put in neutral and remove the key and go to other end

3. Jstlufc

Jstlufc New Member

I've been leaving the brakes in step three before changing ends as you would do in a real Sprinter/Turbo. Oddly the brake gauges are not showing anything when in the new cab. I'll have a look and see if I can see a difference.

4. SpinningDisk

SpinningDisk New Member

Yeah. Sounds like brakes are engaged or are you going up a hill??

5. jasonpfc

jasonpfc Well-Known Member

Happened to me a couple of times on ths 166, i just turned the engine off and on ( famous last words) and all was good

6. Bryer

Bryer Well-Known Member

You need to reset the throttle and brake levers when you finish, placing the levels in Full service for the brakes and idle for the throttles in the HST, if you do not do this, the train will still read the opposite cabs inputs, thus restrict braking and acceleration.

You need to put the 166 in to Full Service (level 4) with the Reverser in Off. vThats how I stopped the issue anyway.