PlayStation 10k Miles Trophy

Discussion in 'TSW General Discussion' started by Manfonse, Mar 4, 2021.

1. Manfonse

Manfonse Active Member

Any ideas how the 10K miles trophy works!
    I’m trying to get to level 20 on oakville for another trophy and I have created a scenario and driving around 14 miles straight each time.
    I rock up action points on the route and for the mileage for the train I’m driving it rocks up 14 miles each time . But the overall total miles driven under profile only goes up around 0.5 miles each time? Any clues?

2. Northerner

Northerner Well-Known Member

Are you staying under the speed limit as I think the milage doesn't count when speeding?

3. Manfonse

Manfonse Active Member

Yes, well under the speed limit.

4. underwaterdick

underwaterdick Active Member

Maybe it doesn't work with custom scenarios?

I would say that is unlikely, however maybe someone can try for themselves and see if the mileage covered has increased on their profile?
    I won't be able to do it for a few days, but will do if nobody else tries it for you.

If its a bug, it might be related to the loco, the route or the matching combination of them.

5. Manfonse

Manfonse Active Member

Thanks for the response. Typical of DTG, just all of bugs.

• Like Like x 2
  6. pinxtonpaws

pinxtonpaws Guest

I don't know if it's the same on PS4 but total miles driven on XB1 is no longer registering ingame..well, kind of not registering.

My best guess is as follows:
    1- On all routes (except the three base game locations) + *any* custom scenarios it seems to be registering 1 mile for every 100 driven.
    2- On the base route's timetables, miles driven appear to log correctly on your overall total.
    3- Individual distances for each train log correctly (in your stats) regardless of where you drive them.

In my instance, if you add all the totals individually then the distance driven for all trains calculates to 26,050 miles, yet only 16,900 of those miles have registered on my overall stat so there is clearly a long standing issue here. I have mentioned it already but it seems to have fallen on deaf ears or deemed as not important enough to be addressed

• Like Like x 2
  7. Manfonse

Manfonse Active Member

Thanks

8. Caldor

Caldor New Member

I have a theory on this. It was just a quick test, but I ran a service in Pennisula Corridor with the F40PH-2CAT CT97 and collected 46.86 miles. That brought my total to 4,442.72 miles from a start of 4,395.88 (yes the math is wrong but thats how the game recorded it).

I then ran a quick service in the same area with the GP38-2 UP for a total of 2.4 miles. Upon checking my total (even exiting the game and restarting) it remained at 4,442.72 miles.

My theory is that using the R/L1 button (sorry not sure on Xbox equivalent) to get to the trains section of your profile, there is no listing for GP38-2 UP. It is my belief that if you use a train not listed here, any miles drove in it will not count. Not sure if I have any other old DLC from the first game to test this further.

9. L89

L89 Well-Known Member

They will combine stats if a locomotive already exists on another route. There is a GP38-2 already on Sand Patch Grade so it is probably updating the stats there. Same for Talent 2 on SKA and Rapid Transit. On Train Sim World 2020, the GP38-2 UP will update the Northeast Corridor locomotive stats.

10. MadEdders

MadEdders Active Member

I honestly try not to worry about this trophy too much. I'm just concentrating on other ones and I know it'll pop eventually.

11. Turbojugend

Turbojugend Well-Known Member

This will likely be the last trophy that pops for me before Platinum, probably quite a few others here as well. If you just want to reach the trophy quicker, seems like Köln timetables would be the way to go. 64km/39.7 miles at around 150mph with no stops.

12. Phitasphook

Phitasphook New Member

I done it through scenario planner with different locos on LGV. Works using all locos if you need the miles on any loco. CL52 was the longest at over 43mins per run. done 166 , hst , 47 and the M3. hope that helps.