PlayStation Error On Ps5

Discussion in 'TSW General Discussion' started by Neriman, Mar 5, 2021.

Tags:
  1. Neriman

Neriman New Member

Hello everyone!!
    It worked fine just a few hours ago...
    There wasn't even a system update of the console, nor of the game itself...
    Now, it just doesn't go further than the 1st title screen.
    After just a few seconds, it shows an error message, suggesting to send a report to Sony...
    I've tried to delete the game and have re-installed it, but it was eventually the same sad result.
    Did anyone get the same error?
    Hope I'll get to drive trains again soon...

2. CK95

CK95 Well-Known Member

Strange, I haven't ran into this...yet, sounds like a corrupted memory issue.

Are you running the game on an external drive? if so try moving it to the internal drive, or vice versa if you can.

The issue could be related to custom scenarios and liveries, since this issue has existed before, however as far as I can tell there is no way to delete those files separately.

What I would recommend is to try first backing up the TSW2 save file, then delete it from your console & see if you can get in the game then, if not then you have your save backed up still, failing that, try resetting the console in the system settings, just make sure to back up all your stuff first as it will delete everything.

• Like Like x 1
  3. RotorHed

RotorHed Member

Hmmm. I’d be a bit careful here if you’ve already done a reinstall and it didn’t help.

First do send the message to Sony with some text explaining what you were doing.

After that I’d copy the saves from all your games not just TSW - if you have ps plus upload them to the cloud and if not put them on a usb stick somewhere. I say this because you may end up clearing the console back to factory settings...

Beyond that, you can boot your console in safe mode (lots of YouTube vids on this) - power it off off, then press and hold the power button for about 5 seconds (until it beeps a second time) and it’ll boot to a startup menu. You’ll need your controller connected by usb cable.

https://www.playstation.com/en-us/support/hardware/safe-mode-playstation/#start

From there try rebuilding the database. Hopefully that fixes it and you’re good. If not though there are options to reset your PS5 to factory settings and even reinstall the OS. These options will delete everything - hence the save game warning.

I’d also suggest you contact Sony support for advice but that of course will take time to get a response so it depends how long you want to wait before trying to fix it.

Last edited: Mar 5, 2021
    • Like Like x 1
  4. Neriman

Neriman New Member

Dear both,
    Thanks so much for your suggestions.
    So, this actually is an isolated case...
    Yes, I had the game file moved to the internal drive. That was how I was initially playing.
    When the error message came out I re-installed the game, thus I had it on the external drive.
    But it didn't work anyway.
    Yes, backing up the save files is the first thing to do!!
    I will test-try your options and will keep you posted about the outcome!!
    Thanks again.

5. Nick Y

Nick Y Well-Known Member

This sounds like it could be an issue with the PS5 operating system and not necessarily the game.
    I've only had the game error once on PS5 but that was because it hadn't installed the latest game update.

As others have said above, if rebuilding the database doesn't work then you'll need to do a full reset of the OS. If you have to do a full reset, make sure you back up all your game save data to either a USB device or the PS+ cloud.

• Like Like x 1
  6. Neriman

Neriman New Member

Dear Nick Y,
    So far, that is the only game with PS4/PS5 compatibility issues.
    The strange thing is that the error came out all of sudden. No updates were made priorly.
    But something should have happened in the meanwhile!!
    My feeling is that it might have something to do with the in-game saving option.
    It is such a practical option but I've noticed there were some small glitches with it.
    A few times, it showed an error message saying that the game couldn't be saved (it did after a few tries...), or sometimes when you re-start an in-game saved file, and depending on the timing of the save, the train will have emergency brakes engaged and wouldn't react to the throttle anymore.
    And that brings me back to the rebuilding of the database solution.
    I will try those few options and will keep you all posted.

Thanks again for your kind help on this.

7. RotorHed

RotorHed Member

If this error happened with the game on an external drive, then that may narrow down the problem.

That’s not to say the external drive is necessarily faulty - more that there may be a problem with this game and saving to a drive in general.

But it’d be interesting to see what happens if you move the game back to internal ...

I use saves quite a bit and haven’t had this kind of problem - I don’t use an external drive though.

Last edited: Mar 6, 2021
    • Like Like x 1
  8. Neriman

Neriman New Member

Ok, I’ve done it all.
    Except for the OS reinitialization.
    Rebuilding the database, resetting the PS5 to factory settings didn’t fix it…
    So, I was starting to resign myself to play TSW2 on my non-pro PS4…
    A bit disillusioned, I moved the game and save files to the old PS4.
    But somehow was also happy to be able to drive trains again after 2 days of absence.
    And there it happened again. The exact same error occurred on my PS4…
    It didn’t have anything to do with the PS5!!
    Deducing the fact that the problem should be coming from save files, I realized some of them were duplicated.
    And found by deduction the one culprit file.
    Thank God I could have recovered all of my status and records!!
    All well’s that ends well…
    Sorry for all this fuss, but I also have to realize that the issue was actually on the software side.
    It’s true that I tended to restart the game quite often, desperately trying to achieve the best performance at each stage.
    Although I don’t know what could make a corrupted save file in a game…

• Like Like x 2
  9. Willowrpe

Willowrpe Well-Known Member

I had an issue where it would crash (TSW1) on start up worked well last night, found out it was one of the save files that was causing it to crash

• Like Like x 1
  10. Fitz

Fitz Well-Known Member

This has happened to me yesterday on PS4PRO, the game won't get past the title screen unless I disconnect from the internet.
    Last time the game worked ok was training on the 465 and it won't start connected online since.
    It will work fine offline.

• Like Like x 1
  11. Doomotron

Doomotron Well-Known Member

If this glitch is solely a PS5 glitch, it probably won't be fixed.

• Like Like x 1