Venlo-eindhoven (with The Virmm And The Slt)

Discussion in 'Suggestions' started by creeperblox2710, Mar 5, 2021.

?
  1. Yes

17 vote(s)
    85.0%
  2. No

3 vote(s)
    15.0%
  1. creeperblox2710

creeperblox2710 Well-Known Member

Hello everyone! It's been a while since i last posted a Suggestion, So i decided to suggest a Route in the South-East to the Middle of the Netherlands.

The Stations

Venlo
    [​IMG]
    The Venlo Railway Station is located in the South-East of the Netherlands and is served by the NS Intercity's, the Arriva Stoptrein Services and the RE 13 which comes from Germany. The Station opened in 1865. The Station Building got a rebuild in 1958 with a Clock Tower being built next to the Station Building.

Blerick
    [​IMG]

Blerick opened in 1968 and is the first stop after Venlo. The Arriva and Intercity Trains split after this Station with the Arriva Service going to Nijmegen and the Intercity Services going towards Eindhoven and Schiphol Airport.

Eindhoven Centraal
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

Eindhoven Centraal is located on the Breda-Eindhoven Railway, the Venlo-Eindhoven Railway and the Eindhoven-Waart Railway. It is served by 8 Intercity Services 1 of them Terminating here, 3 Sprinter Services 2 of them Terminating here and 2 Nachtnet (Night Intercity) Services both of them Terminating here.

Rolling Stock
    The SLT
    [​IMG] [​IMG]

The SLT is one of the most used Sprinter Trains in the Netherlands and can be used for Sprinter Services between Eindhoven and Utrecht Centraal.

The VIRMm
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

The VIRM is a Double-Decker Train used for most of the Intercity Services. The VIRM can be driven between Venlo and Utrecht. It would be nice if there was a small percentage chance to get the Trainset 9556 as it is called the "De Groene Trein" (The Green Train).
    [​IMG]

Stadler GTW (maybe as a DLC)
    [​IMG] [​IMG]

The Stadler GTW is used for the Arriva Stoptrein Service from Roermond to Nijmegen. It can be used between Blerick and Venlo as a small Service (like the S9 on RRO)

And that Concludes this Route. You may give suggestions on what to add for this Route.

Last edited: Mar 5, 2021
    • Like Like x 5
  2. DEXCON

DEXCON Member

Yea... well... let's just hope we can make our own routes someday.... Would love to have a Dutch route

3. Purno

Purno Well-Known Member

I've been measuring on Google Maps and it seems the suggested route is roughly 130km. I think that is pretty long. Considering they'd also need to create new Dutch assets, as well as a few completely new trains, I doubt it's realistic to expect them to also create a 130km route in a new country.

So, as a back-up plan, could you add which section of the route you think is most important and should get the focus, in case the route would need to be shortened?

• Like Like x 1
  4. jolojonasgames

jolojonasgames Well-Known Member

Maybe Utrecht - 'S Hertogenbosch or Venlo - Eindhoven?

5. creeperblox2710

I've shortend the Route to Eindhoven and removed the ICE 3

6. jolojonasgames

That seems a reasonable length. The Eindhoven-Utrecht part could be added seperatly. we should push for more routes of about that length, I don't mind paying 5 euros more for that.

I'll add your route to the map of German and Dutch suggestions. The VIRMm and SLT wouldn't overlap with the ICMm and SGMm on my suggestion, and they could actually layer nicely on eachother.

I was also thinking of making a Eindhoven - Maastricht suggestion sometime soon. That would connect nicely.

Last edited: Mar 5, 2021
  7. creeperblox2710

I didnt expect it to be that long because it felt so short when i was going from Venlo to Utrecht..probably because of the small amount of Stations

• Like Like x 1
  8. jolojonasgames

I'll have to travel from Maastricht to Almelo each weekend next year, bet it wont feel that short then :(

9. driverwoods#1787

driverwoods#1787 Well-Known Member

Excellent idea and speaking of Venlo Station some tracks there are 15kv 16.7hz Sifa PZB LZB. Which means if you are playing Dutch Locomotive or electric multiple unit you need to stay on 1.5 kv DC Netherlands Southern France ATB NG/EG tracks. Otherwise Scenario failed failure to change Safety System and voltage. That actually occur if you are using either SLT & VIRm provided you end up going off course and go into a 15kv 16.7hz Sifa PZB LZB portion of Venlo Station. Speaking of the Stadler GTW actually operate transborder Service Venlo to Germany or not?

Last edited: Mar 6, 2021
  10. nick.scholten

nick.scholten New Member

This would be interesting if there were more freight connections at Eindhoven, Blerick is interesting for some freight action. Otherwise the area is extremely industrial, but with almost no train connections to the factories. And a lot of straight track with few stations.

How about Venlo (from Blerick) - Mönchengladbach? Cross-border mostly single-track line with a stopper service with a lot of curvy track. It's a freight route as well. And there is a weird alternative freight route that bypasses the Mönchengladbach station going through the town.

11. creeperblox2710

The Stadler GTW does not go to Germany. There is the RE 13 that goes from Venlo to Germany and is a Flirt from Eurobahn

12. 59321747

59321747 Well-Known Member

I always think that the length of the route has nothing to do with the goal of their work. The core problem is that there is no pressure from competitors. If a competitor’s route is greater than the DTG route, I think they will move closer to longer goals without the player’s suggestion. DTG There are many reasons to reject longer routes. They need competition and pressure to create a new era in the field of train simulation.