Discount On Western Glory

Discussion in 'Suggestions' started by Trainman525, Mar 6, 2021.

1. Trainman525

Trainman525 Well-Known Member

I think that pre-existing owners of loco DLC should be entitled to a discount on this pack.

So new players get a great deal for £14.99:

-BR Heavy freight pack locos - £11.99
    -Class 101 from NTP - A portion of £24.99
    -Class 52 -£11.99

They get to save around £14.99 (Taking a portion of NTP)

Existing players who own all these locos already have to pay the same price, all they get is a reskinned class 52 and a timetable. I think it would be fair for these people to get at least a 50% reduction in price after all, they have already paid for the locos once, they would essentially be buying them again. I agree that this pack is a good deal, but not for pre-existing customers. At least let those who own the locos have a weeks discount in order to make it fair. I for one will not be buying this DLC without a reasonable discount as I will not buy something I already have just to get a timetable for that loco. It isn't fair - especially for owners of the class 52!

Please consider a reasonable discount for those pre-existing customers. Even if the discount lasts for only a week. Thank you.

• Like Like x 6
    • Helpful Helpful x 1
  2. tubefan1973

tubefan1973 Well-Known Member

I second this, maybe £9.99 would be fairer for existing owners of the DLCs. We can not be expected to pay £14.99 for a timetable, scenarios and livery designer, that is simply outrageous

• Like Like x 3
    • Helpful Helpful x 1
  3. Trainman525

Trainman525 Well-Known Member

Edit: Added poll. Please vote if you ALREADY own the loco DLC's. Thank you.

• Like Like x 1
    • Helpful Helpful x 1
  4. Yoinkermcskoinker

Yoinkermcskoinker Well-Known Member

Yeah or at least give us livery designer for the stuff that we already own instead of making us pay for it.....

5. Rudolf

Rudolf Well-Known Member

I will not buy this one now. Save my money for Arosa and Clinchfield. But it is on my wishlist till the discount is high enough.

6. CK95

CK95 Well-Known Member

The Freight isn’t included, you need to own Heavy Freight separately.

7. ARuscoe

ARuscoe Well-Known Member

The livery designer versions are done or being done and are awaiting release
    Adam has said this several times on the roadmap streams

8. fanta1682002

fanta1682002 Well-Known Member

yes me too

9. AtherianKing

AtherianKing Well-Known Member

For me I don’t own the other class 52 so getting the 52 for the average £11.99 and paying £3 for timetables and scenarios is quite a good deal

10. Yoinkermcskoinker

Yoinkermcskoinker Well-Known Member

Wdym?

Also I don’t understand why the people who have already bought the things in the pack have to wait longer or have to pay up to use them

11. ARuscoe

ARuscoe Well-Known Member

The locos in the packs you mention either have been made, or are being made to work with the livery designer, but DTG don't throw out every update they do when they finish them, they have to wait for a "slot" to release the updates

The issue is twofold. Firstly, assets (such as locos, wagons, passenger cars etc) "live" in the route folder that they're native to. So somewhere in the folders that are GWE are the GWE 66, the HST and the 166. Somewhere in the folders that is WSR is the 52, the 08/09 and so on.
    Until now the 52, 08 and 101 have not been in the GWE folder, but this new pack brings those assets into that folder

The second part is about upgrading or updating... so if they update the GWE version of the 52, 08 or 1010 it's not true that this will also apply to the "other folder" (so WSR, NTP, heavy haulage etc) and vice versa.
    This is an issue that DTG know about, but I'm not sure that know if they can (or want to) sort it out because it will only get bigger and bigger as time goes on.
    For instance there are currently two or three versions of the 66, one in GWE and one on ECW. Updating one doesn't touch the other, even though they're the same loco (and I believe same loco revision) so the only reason to do it as they have is because they don't want to have to give away a GWE folder when someone buys ECW and vice versa.

In other words they're creating their own rod for their back, and I'm sure the community will take that rod and beat them with it repeatedly

• Like Like x 2