Diesel Legends - Identity Crisis Of Marketing

Discussion in 'TSW General Discussion' started by Monder, Mar 5, 2021.

?
  1. Yes, that's reasonable

68 vote(s)
    53.1%
  2. I am buying it as it is for full price

18 vote(s)
    14.1%
  3. No, still too expensive

29 vote(s)
    22.7%
  4. No, you're asking for too much of a discount

13 vote(s)
    10.2%
  1. solicitr

solicitr Well-Known Member

A rural US freight line is far less obviously "modern" or "vintage" than the GWML near London. Mostly, it's trees.

• Like Like x 1
  2. stantz#2373

stantz#2373 Member

I saw people giving matt a hard time on the stream about paying for time tables. I may be wrong but Armstrong powerhouse started out and have been doing packs like this for years and no one has a prob with it

• Like Like x 3
  3. ghawk2005

ghawk2005 Well-Known Member

When you consider Armstrong Powerhouse include about 20-25 reskins / repaint versions in even just their enhancement packs, let alone their stand alone model packs for around the same price of what we are getting from DTG for one repaint - NO .....WAY am I buying this !

if DTG want to make money, they need to create stuff like Class 150s, 158s, RESEARCH THE PHYSICS properly, and generally do it as AP do - hard work and high quality details !

Edited by DTG Natster - Careful of inappropriate language.

Last edited by a moderator: Mar 8, 2021
    • Like Like x 2
  4. krustynuggets

krustynuggets Well-Known Member

Something tells me that's just what you want DTG to make, not what DTG needs to make dude......:D :D :D :D

• Like Like x 4
  5. pendolino18

pendolino18 Active Member

I think you've hit the nail on the head here and agree entirely. It would be a much better use of time getting the people who are available to go through the new releases and find out all the bugs etc. I say new releases but I might be better actually saying before they are released.
    The recently released 465 is a perfect example. The train itself is wonderful but we are clearly missing AI and it is not subbing out enough 375's as it should be and most of the time you go for ages without passing one. You can't tell me that QA sat there and thought looks legit. I would have thought something was wrong after completing a run without seeing one.
    The more eyes we have bug searching, the better!

6. dhekelian

dhekelian Well-Known Member

DTG's argument that this pack is for new players falls down especially when you need to purchase several other packs. So if you already have these trains your unlikely to buy this pack. If you have a love for this era but see the pack doesn't represent this era so they are not going to pay for it. I wonder who their real target audience is for this pack?

If they were worried about coders being idle I would have rather they concentrated on just one NEW loco but done well, 117 for example. Not sure if this is the right team but could they have extended the GWE route to give us the full route and not just a third of it?

Saying that for £7 and Raildriver compatibility I would have bought it.

7. Nick Y

Nick Y Well-Known Member

I honestly don't know why people are saying that you need to buy other packs for this one to function.
    You don't. You only need other packs if you want other locos to sub in for the 52 and freight (when it arrives). The number of services contained in the pack doesn't change if you don't own the other packs (TVL, NTP, HF), you just won't see the other locos substituting the class 52.

Now, I do agree that for those of us who already own the class 101 and class 08, we should get a discount of some sort but you mustn't forget that the class 52 has been worked on and isn't exactly the same as the one from WSR.

• Like Like x 2
  8. LucasLCC

LucasLCC Well-Known Member

My understanding might be wrong, however I believe:

The loco hauled stopping services are only hauled by the 31. You therefore must own TVL and the 31 for these to run.

The freight services (when released) require NTP and the heavy freight pack to appear.

• Like Like x 4