PlayStation The Networker....

Discussion in 'TSW General Discussion' started by ixofxiii, Mar 4, 2021.

1. ixofxiii

ixofxiii Well-Known Member

....is AMAZING! Seriously, I think it's my new favorite! It may be 3 decades old, but man does it perform! The acceleration is crazy! Jumps like a jackrabbit. The braking is what I like. I can pull into a station at 45, brake later than with the 375/77 and stop on a dime. And the propulsion definitely says 1990s. Here in NYC, we had a prototype called the R110A and it had the same propulsion sound. Had me nostalgic when I use to cut class late freshman year in high school and ride the the R110A up and down the 2 line back in spring of 1992.
    You guys did a great job with this one. I think ima hit the livery designer in the afternoon and make me some 1990s Metro North and LIRR liveries with this one!
    I can also say that now, SouthEastern is my favorite British rail.

• Like Like x 3
  2. imaginox9

imaginox9 Active Member

Just to let you know, the R110A sound is completely different that the Metro-Cammell 465's, which sound way more similar to London Underground's Alstom 1996 Tube Stock ;) . In real life, the British train that sounds closest to the R110A is the BREL/ABB 465 with its original Brush traction but still wasn't the exact same sound ;) ! If you want to hear the exact same sound as the R110A in Europe you have the trams of Lille in France ;) ! As for the R110B, I think the Talent 2 or the DB BR 422 are TSW's closest sounding trains.

Apart from that the 465 is just completely incredible ! An excellent train both in real life and in the game :)