(nec: Ny) Incorrect East River Tunnel Alignments

Discussion in 'Troubleshooting' started by cActUsjUiCe, Mar 24, 2018.

1. cActUsjUiCe

cActUsjUiCe Developer

Good afternoon,

As part of my group's project to develop the Northeast Corridor in future, I used engineering schematics from when the East River tunnels were constructed to plot their approximate paths. It took me weeks of on-and-off work to make the alignments. I have always wondered how accurately Dovetail Games would align them. Now I know.

NOTE: These are not EXACT measurements by any means. They ARE, however, very close measurements.

I was able to approximately measure distances by calculating the sprinting speed of the player character. This guy runs FAST. I calculated that he runs at 23 feet per second or 15.68 miles per hour. Then I just timed how long it took to run each distance and did the math. For curves I recorded compass headings before the curve and after the curve and then did math to find the degree of curvature. From that, I was able to create the curve.

The yellow line is the accurate alignment of Line #1 as plotted by myself. The red line is the alignment of Line #1 that's present in NEC: New York.

ERT1.JPG
    ERT2.JPG ERT4.JPG ERT5.JPG ERT6.JPG

Last edited: Mar 24, 2018
    • Like Like x 9
  2. Anthony Pecoraro

Anthony Pecoraro Well-Known Member

That’s pretty bad.

• Like Like x 1