PlayStation Somerset Line - Be Honest......

Discussion in 'TSW General Discussion' started by paulc, Mar 6, 2021.

1. paulc

paulc Well-Known Member

Who actually sticks to the max 25mph limit? Personally I love the sound of the 47 Supercharger so I might sometimes exceed that limit :D

Last edited: Mar 6, 2021
    • Like Like x 4
  2. Fitz

Fitz Well-Known Member

Yes the route is slow but it's one of my favourites. I love driving the 33 on it.

• Like Like x 2
  3. Sheldon1000

Sheldon1000 Well-Known Member

Is it possible to stick to the limit and actually be on time? Or is it a bug? Anytime I have played it and stuck to the limits, I always am very late. Is it impossible to stick to the limit and actually be on time?

• Like Like x 3
  4. Stephen Crofts

Stephen Crofts Well-Known Member

There's some tight timings and there's some huge gaps at the passing loops. I love the Somerset route the low speed is a big challenge with the constant gradient changes and it's a brilliant challenge when the speedo hud is turned off.

Apart from using the route properly, it's also great to imagine it at speeds it would have been used in it's working life, and of course the occasional let your hair down scenario with something a bit faster. :) Quite a roller coaster!

Will be looking forward to a steam timetable pack when it's possible to do. Steam can only be a greater challenge on this route.

• Like Like x 2
  5. shhweeet#4292

shhweeet#4292 Well-Known Member

Why when I get a red light / signal it never seems to change when the signalman denies progress? How long do you have to wait before you just give up and start again? I’m a newbie to TSW and tbh I never stick to speed limits on West Somerset Railway because it’s far too slow.

• Like Like x 2
  6. Sheldon1000

Or it may be a signal that you need to request authority to pass by contacting the signaler?

• Like Like x 1
  7. RynoHawk

RynoHawk Member

They said they did that (bold added);

8. paulc

paulc Well-Known Member

• Like Like x 4
  9. Sheldon1000

I just took the 465 down the line. Was awesome. Had to use off the rails of course.

• Like Like x 2
  10. shhweeet#4292

shhweeet#4292 Well-Known Member

Thanks for the reply and info / tips. I should maybe slow down but it’s such good fun rattling along going fast.

• Like Like x 1
  11. kingus.uk

kingus.uk Active Member

You can also drive the 47 on NTP, where you do get the chance to go a bit quicker.

• Like Like x 2
  12. stujoy

stujoy Well-Known Member

When I’m driving properly, I stick to all the rules. I have had a blast along it in the past though, when it was the only place to drive the trains. Now if I want a blast, I can put the trains on a faster line, so never feel the need to on WSR. I think if you are playing a proper service then it takes away the immersion of doing it if you just speed because it feels too slow. It’s part of the challenge of the route. To be honest I hardly play the route because I’ve got so many others since but I occasionally go in for a gentle pootle through the countryside.

• Like Like x 3