Stray Coach At The End Of "winter's Return, Pt. 3"

Discussion in 'Technical Reports' started by brickie78, Mar 5, 2021.

1. brickie78

brickie78 New Member

Hey guys,

So, I picked up TS 2021 on the Humble Bundle the other day, and I've not played any of the games before. I've ben enjoying tootling around on the Kiel - Lübeck route DLC that came with the bundle, but I'm having a problem with the last part of the "Winter's Return" mission strand.

Everything is fine until I get back to Kiel, where the last signal before the station is red, and won't change - tab gives me no permission to pass it, and it won't change on its own. Using the free camera, it seems there's a single double-deck coach parked on the track. It's on its own, but the lights are on and there appear to be passengers inside (I'm new to this and I don't know if that's significant or just part of the asset).

I haven't reported it yet via the support site because I don't know if it's an actual technical problem or something screwed up on my particular install - I can find one Reddit thread where a couple of others have had the same problem, but that's about it.

Can anyone suggest anything?

2. samsonbo

samsonbo Member

It's a bugged scenario that's been discussed on the forums, likely never to be fixed by DTG...The best you can do is to advance past the red, connect to the coach and push it to the platform and unload passengers....Unfortunately there's a 500 pt. deduction when you connect to the coach........There's plenty of "problem" scenarios that you will encounter as you play the game....get used to it

3. brickie78

brickie78 New Member

Fair enough - well, I had been thinking about buying some more DLCs, but if that's the level of support that exists, I don't think I'll bother...

4. samsonbo

samsonbo Member

"Fair enough - well, I had been thinking about buying some more DLCs, but if that's the level of support that exists, I don't think I'll bother..."

Seems a bit drastic, it depends on your tolerance for such issues, not a huge % of problem scenarios...

5. brickie78

brickie78 New Member

Yes, probably, just a bit annoyed.

I dunno, it doesn't make a great first impression of a game or a studio that one of the DLCs they chose to offer on Humble Bundle - the sort of thing that's going to be bought by people like me who are cautiously interested - has a three-part scenario that's essentially uncompletable, and the answer is just that "yeah, the game's like that, it won't get fixed".

It might be a small number of scenarios, but as I say it doesn't make me want to spend £25 a throw on any further ones that may or may not be just ... broken.

6. samsonbo

samsonbo Member

Buy ONLY sale items, sales come and go regularly, check the Latest Sale thread here......there's less pain when there's less money.. and investigate routes that appeal to you in advance by reading reviews,asking questions about specific routes. and make a list so when there's a sale you'll be ready to buy or avoid...

7. NEC Railfan

NEC Railfan Well-Known Member

There's also ways to easily fix it yourself a lot of the time. For example, you can go into the scenario editor, delete the stray coach, and it won't bother you anymore.

8. samsonbo

samsonbo Member

It's a Career scenario so you can't edit it(if you want points/stars )