No Bell?

Discussion in 'Troubleshooting' started by Molsonboy, Mar 21, 2018.

1. Molsonboy

Molsonboy New Member

Controller layout says up D-pad should be a bell. I get nothing.

Is this a bug, not available on any of the engines for xbox, or is it just me?

Anyone?

2. pschlik

pschlik Well-Known Member

None of the engines in Founders Edition have a bell.

• Like Like x 1
  3. Molsonboy

Molsonboy New Member

Ok, then is this a bug? A feature that will be added later? A feature that should be there?

When going to Settings, Controls, and clicking on Controls, D-pad UP, according to it, says it is "Toggle Bell". For me, I understand this to mean I can toggle the bell when approaching a station or crossing as a warning, instead of the horn. Is this setting meant for another bell within the engine? When I use the horn, it displays I am using the horn, just as it does when I toggle throttle and brakes. D-pad UP, does nothing, displays nothing.

I am just asking for clarification of what is, what should be, and what is intended. The bell, is just as important, more so on commuter trains that stop at stations, as the horn is. This is, after all, a sim. Don't get me wrong, I am loving this very much, and when I am not playing games that require me to "kill", I love relaxing controlling these engines in a role playing type of way.

Or, maybe in Europe, bells are not used in the same way as North America.

4. pschlik

pschlik Well-Known Member

Nope, pretty much nothing in the UK has a bell. Except EMD liked to occasionally stick one on a 59 or 66, but that's not in TSW. The bell setting is meant for American stuff, I guess it is just there as preparation for future content.

• Like Like x 2
  5. Molsonboy

Molsonboy New Member

Ahh, ok, I did not know that. I have been only on one train in England way back, and that was from Sheffield to London (and vice versa) when visiting.

Here in Canada, we tend to follow US transportation standards, whether it be road, rail or air, and I know they differ from our European counterparts. No bell it is, although, it won't keep me from trying every time I approach a station. :)

Thanks Pschlik.

6. 410nick

410nick Member

I get the strange feeling that bell is a hint for the Nec DLC. Maybe I'm wrong

7. Bryer

Bryer Well-Known Member

It shows that their plans are to include railways on the console that aren't in the UK.

8. Sintbert

Sintbert Well-Known Member

It shows only that they have not stripped something perfectly functional from TSW just because the first released trains don't use it..

9. SimFan

SimFan Member

Just as a side note, nearly all US Locos (both freight and passenger) have bells. UK locos on the other hand, do not have bells, at least to my knowledge.

I am not sure about locomotives from other parts of the world, this is just based on my experience with Microsoft Train Simulator and Rail Simulator.

Please feel free to correct me or add more info :)

Last edited: Mar 22, 2018
  10. steadfast

steadfast Member

The only UK diesel traction to carry a bell are 59001, 59201 and 66779. All these are commemorative items fitted by GM EMD, and are cosmetic only.

• Like Like x 1