How Do You Feel About The Founders Edition So Far?

Discussion in 'TSW General Discussion' started by 410nick, Mar 24, 2018.

?
  1. Yes

18 vote(s)
    48.6%
  2. No

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  3. I'm in between, some work needs to be done.

12 vote(s)
    32.4%
  4. I refuse to play it until a patch is released.

3 vote(s)
    8.1%
  5. I'll stick with the PC version.

4 vote(s)
    10.8%
  1. 410nick

410nick Member

A lot of us were waiting for a console port for the longest time so I just wanted to get some feedback from you guys experience so far. I can say throughout the minor bugs and dips in framerates I am pretty grateful that I finally get a chance to lay down and play the game all in the comfort of my bedroom or living room with a huge TV. I could go on for ages and write my own review with the pros and cons but I'd rather hear from you guys perspectives and let the developers take a peek at how the console players are feeling towards this edition.

2. Trainmania100

Trainmania100 Well-Known Member

It's enjoyable and nice to have a train simulator on Xbox. Looking forward to seeing future dlc and future performative updates.

• Like Like x 1
  3. 410nick

410nick Member

Same here man

4. russianchip

russianchip Guest

I'm really enjoying the game, however there are a few things that need addressing. Sticking to time is a big factor, I'm not sure if the speed to time will be looked at but the HST even speeding at 130mph doesn't run at 2 miles per minute. I'm also wondering if the passenger loading time has been factored in to the timetable. After the wait for the release on Xbox One this is a great game and expected it to have teething issues. Really looking forward to building on the Founders Edition.

5. SimFan

SimFan Member

See the following thread for my first impressions:
    https://forums.dovetailgames.com/th...ion-xbox-one-an-honest-first-impression.3910/

But to summarize how I feel...they did a good job on bringing TSW to xbox one. Could it do with improvements? Without a doubt, a simulator of this stature is bound to have "teething" problems. But for me, the bugs are minor and do not detract from my enjoyment of TSW on the Xbox One :)

The future is definitely bright, although I am a little disappointed that CSX heavy haul will not be released on Xbox one, but I understand why after reading the FAQ :)

• Like Like x 1
  6. HopesAnchor131

HopesAnchor131 Active Member

The game is fantastic. I've been waiting for it since they announced their partnership with MS in August 2015, it was initially the reason I got an Xbox. After some more routes, bug fixes and performance enhancements I'm sure it will be perfect. Also looking to the X enhancement patch, hopefully will improve the game massively.

I wonder if FSW will come to the Xbox too?

7. SamYeager270

SamYeager270 Well-Known Member

I wouldn't hold your breath for that happening anytime soon! Whilst UE4 supports both PC & Xbox the FSW software was only designed for the PC when it first came into being many years ago. On top of that it makes decent spec'd PCs work pretty hard to deliver a smooth(ish) flight.

8. xD 2Bad4You

xD 2Bad4You Well-Known Member

I was waiting for that since the initial announcement and wasnt sure if the game will make it, since i couldnt find anything from DTG. Only the ID@Xbox people gave some hope, so im really glad its here and i have fun with it so far on my One X.

There are a lot issue surely they need to adress, especially the frame drops / hitching and the fact that on my One S i cant get even close to the timetable but i enjoy it overall so far.

In terms of communication it would be nice to get a status Update now that the game is released for some time. Just a short heads up which things they are looking into / investigating. Without any ETA on a Patch, just something you know they are on it.

Besides all that, i cant really wait for the next routes and patches to have an even better experience.

9. Retrovertigo

Retrovertigo Member

I decided to buy it day one because I wanted to support the devs and pay full price for it. But as an Xbox One X user, I am not playing it until it is patched as the game is just too choppy at the moment. It is difficult to swallow when you have come from stuff like Assassins Creed Origins which looks incredible.

Plus I used to play the older Rail Simulators on my old laptop, and am used to a much crisper cleaner looking image. It IS making me tempted to get a new laptop with a 1080 graphics card though and jump in "properly" again.