[scenario Wip] Wentloog To Daventry

Discussion in 'Creation Centre' started by JFH, Mar 20, 2018.

?
  1. A 'steam friendly' version. (Reskins only, minimal DLC)

100.0%
  2. The full package (reskins, 3rd party DLC, lots of pain)

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  3. Why not both?

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  1. JFH

JFH Member

Just a few screenshots from a scenario I'm working on that will eventually get recorded and put onto YouTube and/or released (assuming the DLC isn't a nightmare to obtain)

This is a straight run on the South Wales Coastal driving the 1858 Wentloog to Daventry 'Tesco Train'.

This scenario uses a number of 3rd party DLC and reskins and all trains shown are following real life Timetables. There will be some minor tweaks before I put this out for real, but I thought I'd get a few screenshots of the first leg of the journey between Wentloog and Newport. There''s also a twist towards the end of the scenario, but I'll leave you to speculate.

Also, first contribution here, pls be nice. :D

So... what do we have?

66425 gets ready to leave Wentloog.
    20180320055315_1.jpg

Being chased down by 2C89 from Cardiff to Taunton worked by a GWR Turbo.
    20180320060237_1.jpg

150216 and an unidentified 153 (working 2U26) pass the rear of the 26 wagon train on their way to their final stop at Cardiff.
    20180320060310_1.jpg

Unidentified pair of 800's leaving the tunnels towards Gaer Jn. heading for Carmarthen (1B63).
    20180320060556_1.jpg

Our train flies through Newport as 1V13 from Nottingham leaves for Cardiff. That dude's a lil too late.
    20180320060637_1.jpg

Update: Started to look at the DLC and sadly it's not a short list. But here goes.
    • DLC
      • South Wales Coastal Route Add-On
      • Arriva Trains Wales DMU Pack Add-On
      • WCML Trent Valley Route Add-On
      • Freightliner Class 70 Loco Add-On
      • East Coast Main Line London-Peterborough Route Add-On
      • BR Class 170 ‘Turbostar’ DMU Add-On OR Edinburgh-Glasgow Route Add-On
      • EWS Class 92 Loco Add-On
      • European Loco & Asset Pack OR Train Simulator: Bristol-Exeter Route Add-On
    I'll give you all a proper list when the Scenario is finished.

Last edited: Mar 21, 2018
    • Like Like x 1
  2. Farmer_C

Farmer_C Well-Known Member

Hello JFH and many thanks for these screenshots and for the short introduction as regards your forthcoming custom made scenario. I think you have done a brilliant job (...and I'm not being nice here, just honest :)). Totally superb work JFH. Great scenes and the screenshots reflect a very warm and cozy ambience. I'm already looking forward to its completion so that I can have a try this scenario.

3. JFH

JFH Member

Ok, either we have a tough crowd in this forum or it's just really quiet. I'll assume the former. ;)

Got a bit more work done with this scenario today including but not limited simplifying the DLC required, (See if you can guess what I did from the pictures), filling up some freight yards to give you something else to look at rather than just rails and signals and re-timing some services so the as to minimise boring stretches. I may even have to throw in one or two extra services after Newport since there's not much after that apart from the scenario twist. Anyone guessed that yet?

Anyway, here's a few more screenshots from the editor just to show off a few more things. Also, if something looks off, tell me. :)

Scenario start at Wentloog. This scenario no longer relies on the class 92 DLC or the AP Class 66 pack, how did I overcome that? (Hint: three things have changed)
    20180321122715_1.jpg

Alexandra Dock T.C and Ebbw Junction, looking much busier.
    20180321122829_1.jpg

A close up of our Carmarthen service just outside of Newport.
    20180321122912_1.jpg

East Usk Yard, again with a bit more life to it, although it sucks I can't add some BAA or BZA wagons here without making the scenario incompatible with Steam... DTG... pls make BAA, JSA and BLA wagons...
    20180321122944_1.jpg

Final shot back at at Newport, no Class 444 DLC required anymore. :D
    20180321123108_1.jpg

• Like Like x 1
  4. 52_Western

52_Western Active Member

I have these:
    • DLC
      • BR Class 170 ‘Turbostar’ DMU Add-On
      • European Loco & Asset Pack
    So, no, I can't run it. But it sure looks fun!

5. JFH

JFH Member

Little update y'all, I've just got some scripting left to do and it should be good to go. Also debating doing a Train Sim World style trailer for it, but we'll see.

• Like Like x 1
  6. JFH

JFH Member

I'm also looking at a scenario pack on the WCML Trent Valley after this, but let's not jump the gun. :)

• Like Like x 1
  7. JFH

JFH Member

OK, so the scripting is done, a few minor tweaks have been made so this scenario is good to go.

I'm just going to play it through once and get some screenshots for the Workshop and it'll be live.

While I'm doing that, here is the FINAL DLC list for this scenario, apologies for the heavy DLC in advance.
    • Midland Main Line London-Bedford Route Add-On
    • East Coast Main Line London-Peterborough Route Add-On
    • WCML Trent Valley Route Add-On
    • EWS Class 66 v2.0 Loco Add-On
    • Freightliner Class 70 Loco Add-On
    • BR Class 170 ‘Turbostar’ DMU Add-On
    • European Loco & Asset Pack
    For the required reskins, (166, 158, 801, 70, 170) see here:

Last edited: Mar 25, 2018
    • Like Like x 1