PlayStation Aws Issues On Sehs Missing Ramps And Wrong Signals.

Discussion in 'Troubleshooting' started by superb, Mar 8, 2021.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. superb

superb Member

Firstly I have noticed there are missing ramps or any audio for the signal in Strood tunnel on the down line as you arrive at Strood. You get the 15mph PSR warning in the tunnel with the audible warning for that Morpeth board, then the signal is usually clear at the exit of the tunnel. the AWS is silent no Bell or Ding and the sunflower is still shown. so this does not react correctly.

Second is the visible AWS ramp on departure from Gillingham on the up line, this is for the 30mph Morpeth board before the tunnel with does not give an audible warning or change in the sunflower.

Next is the sequencing of signals between Strood and Higham when following a train that calls at Higham and your train does not. When in the first tunnel from Strood with a clear signal you get the open section where there is another signal in that cutting, it usually is a single yellow when all previous signals have been in a 4 aspect signal railway we lose a double yellow for a single for a RED straight after. once the train clears while you are braking the train ahead leaves Higham, The signal displayed at the end of the platform is Yellow on the HUD but green on the screen for you to see, The AWS however gives an adverse indication of a warning and not a clear signal! I have to train journeys on YouTube I will share with you here as examples.
    From 31:36 I depart Strood
    From 30:10 I depart Strood

• Like Like x 1
  2. Coastway trainspotter

Coastway trainspotter Well-Known Member

I have the same thinks on Xbox so this is not just something on PlayStation as you say

3. superb

superb Member

I know it will be across all platforms as it's a route issue, I just put PlayStation as my platform. it's the route that's built so it goes without saying it's on all systems.

4. superb

superb Member

Just watching my video again. I see the issue is 3 aspect MAS colour light signals from the end of the first tunnel at Strood, The single Yellow would be correct but is also NOT covered by an AWS ramp or any audio for that signal shown. From Higham towards Hoo Junction and yard it is all 3 aspect MAS colour lights, But using a 4 aspect signalling sequencing which is wrong on 3 aspects.
    Everything else in the area is LED 4 aspect as can be seen by the 2 LED lenses on the signal heads. Hope that sheds more light on the wrong AWS sounds for clear green signals heard from Higham onwards.

5. Bryer

Bryer Well-Known Member

Hello, good post. Sadly you're wrong with the signalling at Strood. As you come over the bridge from Rochester, the signals become 3 aspect colour lamps. This continues through the Strood tunnel and becomes 4 aspect at NK464 just before you exit the tunnel at Higham.

The signal at the end of Higham Platform 1 is a signal that can only display cautions or a green aspect as it is what is known as a distant signal.

Please find attached the official track diagrams for Higham and Strood. If you look at the diagram, each signal is represented by hoops. 3 hoops = 3 aspects signalling and 4 hoops = 4 aspect signalling.

The signalling at Strood is correct as per the real world. Strood.png

Last edited: Mar 9, 2021
    • Like Like x 1
  6. superb

superb Member

That's fine I have since noted it was 3 aspect signals, See my post above yours! However the signals are not displaying what the HUD or the AWS Warnings are showing/sounding so there is an issue, many thanks! if you watch the videos from 30 minutes in they are using 4 aspect signalling on what we now both agree is a 3 aspect signalling system. also that NK464 has NO AWS warning or clear as there is no AWS ramp/magnet. So there is an issue!!! 462 has now shown as green on track but Yellow on the HUD and a warning AWS so I am NOT WRONG!

Last edited: Mar 8, 2021
  7. Bryer

Bryer Well-Known Member

I didn't say you were wrong about missing AWS ramps etc. I said you were wrong about the signals themselves.

Think you need to calm down a bit.

8. superb

superb Member

Well instead of jumping to say I was wrong, maybe you should have checked the other comments before making that statement! When in fact I had corrected the error in saying it was all 4 aspect 'I had noted it was not', it was a sequencing issue with some AWS ramps missing.

9. oliverrobertsmithson

oliverrobertsmithson New Member

Just going to comment here, so that I get notifications on the replies... as this is incredibly entertaining. So I thankyou.

10. Bryer

Bryer Well-Known Member

Apologies for quoting your incorrect statement and replying with an informed response to your statement after you had corrected yourself.

Your correcting comments didn't really explain what you were trying to say to be honest.
    Where are DTG using 4 aspect sequencing on 3 aspect signals in this area?

You've named the signal 3 times in 1 sentence. What is a MAS signal? (I know it's multi aspect signal) However I've never heard one called that before in UK.

Signals are either LED or BULB lit. 3 aspect or 4 aspect (You can also have 2 aspect signals with show either red and green or a fixed distant that displays yellow and green). LED signals can have 2 lights with multi colour LED's embedded in the signal face.

NK466 does not appear to be covered by an AWS ramp or alert, as seen in the below video so this is concerning for me. This is the one between the tunnels.

NK464 is covered by an AWS ramp and it works.

NK 462 showing you green and giving you an AWS warning isn't uncommon on the railway, it's called a right side failure. If it was showing you Yellow's and giving you and AWS clear message that's when you can shout and scream that it's incorrect.

NK 460 is a 4 aspect colour light signal with bulb illumination controlled by the signaller, so a signaller can display whatever illumination he or she wishes in all fairness. Below are images of it working correctly within timetable mode.
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    The signalling from Higham to Hoo Junction is not 3 aspect signalling as you claim, it is 4 aspect and is represented accordingly with 4 bulb signals through out. The track map I posted above shows it as 4 aspect signalling. As does the above screenshots.

If you want to learn more about UK signalling, please find attached the RSSB Signals rulebook extract.

I'm not saying you are wrong with missing AWS magnets/ramps, yes there are some in the Strood/Higham area and DTG are aware of them.

Attached Files:

Last edited: Mar 9, 2021
  11. Bryer

Bryer Well-Known Member

Furthermore.

NK 460 on approach to Hoo Junction working correctly.

Ps - 465's are spawning in free roam!

12. superb

superb Member

Well there are issues. right or wrong side failure it's not correct.

13. oliverrobertsmithson

oliverrobertsmithson New Member

Have you just listened to anything that Bryer has just said?! The signalling is fine, absolutely fine. There are some missing AWS ramps yes, and DTG are aware of that so no need to keep moaning on about it is there.

Shut up, crawl back into your little hole and I suggest that you actually read that signalling guide that Bryer has attached for us to read. That will tell you that you are wrong and he is correct.

Mind you, I should hope he is correct anyway given that he drives trains for a living.....

14. superb

superb Member

Okay well I won't bother again sod u and sod the group, thanks for the welcome good day good bye!

15. Bryer

Bryer Well-Known Member

Oh superb.

I've just tried to help provide in depth "fault finding" for DTG, as you've posted an issue, you've got to expect the community to then go and try and replicate your report.

I had a few hours to kill last night, so thought I'd actually go and take a look, and like I said yes there are some issues around Strood and Higham tunnels with AWS magnets that are missing, and DTG was made aware of them when the route released. It's not made it on to a road map yet, and not everything that gets fixed, gets added.

However I wanted to point out that the signalling sequencing on that stretch of the line was correct, as you'd stated with some authority that it was wrong.

Sorry if you feel that it was a little bit over the top on my behalf, but it's best to clear up when something is reported incorrectly when it's actually right.

Have a great day and see you soon.

16. DTG Natster

DTG Natster Producer Staff Member

Locking this as it has decended into name calling. Please remember to be polite with one another and rudeness is not necassary.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.