Lirr Nassau South Shore Expansion And M9/diesel Locomotive And Cars

Discussion in 'Suggestions' started by andypsarris, Sep 16, 2020.

?
  1. Yes

92.3%
  2. No

7.7%
  1. andypsarris

andypsarris New Member

Hello, as for the next LIRR update or DLC, I would like the Nassau county south shore expansion which completes the West Hempstead, Long Beach, and Far Rockaway Branches. As well as the Babylon branch Up to Lynbrook. I would also like 2 new trainsets, the M9 EMU trainset and the EMD DE/DM30AC with their double decker passenger cars. Thanks! (I would make price for the expansion around 20 as well as the new trains so 60 in total)

Expansion Map (sorry for small size)

[​IMG]

M9 EMU Passenger Cars

[​IMG][​IMG] EMD DE/DM30AC (again sorry for small size)

• Like Like x 4
  2. Justin Navarro

Justin Navarro Member

That is such a stunning picture of the M9 Electric Multiple Unit

3. malikrthr

malikrthr Well-Known Member

Agreed, this would be a great add on. I really hope the LIRR gets a rebuild with more varieties of rolling stock. Now that TSW2 utilizes an updated UE4, I really hope the developers can create an even better LIRR route. It would be great if it can be worked on in phases to feature the entire LIRR system so it will have busy train traffic as well.

• Like Like x 4
  4. mrchuck

mrchuck Well-Known Member

I would definitely love to see the Diesel locomotives brought into TSW 2 along with the oyster bay Branch,port Jefferson Branch or Montauk Branch in the future.

5. Justin Navarro

Justin Navarro Member

on Ronkonkoma too that's a main line.

6. mrchuck

Yeah is there any chance we’re going to see the diesel locomotives for the Lirr on a future Dlc for TSW 2?

7. malikrthr

malikrthr Well-Known Member

If there is a future DLC at some point, I can see the dieseles and bilevels being good candidates for rolling stock and motive equipment. The route in TSW2 runs a bit better than it did for TSW2020 but I really do hope that a new version of the route can be created for TSW2 with the route extensions beyond Hicksville.

8. mrchuck

I would definitely love to see the port Jefferson Branch or ronkonkoma to Greenport or the oyster bay Branch.

9. mrchuck

It took me 54:00 minutes to get from Hicksville to Pennsylvania station on train sim world 2 hopefully they’ll add a extension from Hicksville to port Jefferson with the diesel locomotives in the future maybe there’s a third party group creating it as we speak.

10. nfreddy83

nfreddy83 New Member

any ideas why out of nowhere i lost most of the routes for the long island railroad? all that is available are the penn station to ronkonkoma routes. this occurred after an update and after deleting the app still continues to be an issue. thanks for any help.

11. nfreddy83

nfreddy83 New Member

any ideas why out of nowhere i lost most of the routes for the long island railroad? all that is available are the penn station to ronkonkoma routes. this occurred after an update and after deleting the app still continues to be an issue. thanks for any help.

12. nfreddy83

nfreddy83 New Member

13. nfreddy83

nfreddy83 New Member

14. MrbKlegend89

MrbKlegend89 Well-Known Member

There should be an option of the livery in the menu it goes for 10 cars(NYP-HKV)
    Or 8 car(NYP-Hempstead/Hicksville)
    And 6 car(ATL-Hempstead)...its in the menu but it goes by livery option

15. nfreddy83

nfreddy83 New Member

ITS JUST WEIRD BC THE ONLY ROUTES ARE RUND TRIP PENN STATION TO HICKSVILLE. ATLANTIC TEMRINAL IS GONE, HEMSPTEAD GONE. PORT WASHINGTON GONE! very frustrating bc i bought th ps4 game again thinking my kids compromised teh disk and thats not the case. are you referencing ps4 btw?

16. MrbKlegend89

Well I think the option is on all platforms for the LIRR....I'm pretty sure it's in TSW 2 as well...when u click the LIRR and go to service or timetable mode and u set up the weather there should be a Square button (ps4) that says livery something I forgot but it would show the different car sets u wanna operate..they going based on different car sets(6 or 8 or 10) but all the services still in there...I hope this helps!

17. mrchuck

Hopefully they’ll add Port Washington as a extension to the lirr Dlc for train sim world 2 someday in the future.

18. tallboy7648

tallboy7648 Well-Known Member

I would love a more updated version of the Long Island Railroad and have it actually busy. Parts of the route feel rushed and dtg failed to capture how busy this railroad actually is. So I would like to have a complete version of the Long Island Railroad. This is a great idea

• Like Like x 1
  19. mrchuck

I think they should definitely extend mineola to oyster bay with the Dual mode diesel locomotive.

• Like Like x 1
  20. tallboy7648

It wouldn't be a long extension from Oyster Bay to Mineola

21. Mattty May

Mattty May Guest

I’d love to see all of the LIRR route in TSW eventually, as one big map. But given the time it takes to develop all the content we are asking for, I fear it’ll not happen.

• Like Like x 1
  22. mrchuck

Some guy mentioned on the train simulator Twitter page he wanted the Dual mode diesel locomotive along with the oyster bay Branch for train sim world 2 as a Dlc and one guy commented make a suggestion.

• Like Like x 1
  23. jamesonmin

jamesonmin Well-Known Member

dovetail said that they are not doing anything for PC dlcs

except for the 313 in ECW

24. tallboy7648

And there also making the DB BR 363 for Rhur Sieg nord so clearly they're open to make dlcs for preserved collection routes. Just because they say they may not want to work on it doesn't mean you can't suggest it because they may do it in the future

25. driverwoods#1787

driverwoods#1787 Well-Known Member

Fun Part Here it's actually operating Express flyer trains to Seaford Wantagh Merrick Bellmore and Massapequa Park stations. Those skip Jamaica St Albans & Lynbrook

26. Louie

Louie Well-Known Member

Just so you know the diesel is a DE-30AM

27. Louie

Louie Well-Known Member

DE-30AC

28. driverwoods#1787

DM-30AC operates Penn Station to Patchogue via Hicksville Central Branch and also the Ronkonkoma Branch Z trains. For the Ronkonkoma Z trains electric mode Penn Station to Babylon diesel mode Central Branch Babylon to Bethpage then the final leg is back on electric power Bethpage to Ronkonkoma Station. 750v DC Third Rail from Bethpage to Ronkonkoma dates back to December 28th 1987.

• Like Like x 1
  29. MrbKlegend89

I thought they operate at least as far from Penn to Speonk and on Summer Fridays extended to Montauk...BTW I'm talking of the 5:09pm train.....but with this Pandemic type schedule...LIRR made a decision to operate almost as a weekend schedule everyday

• Like Like x 1
  30. tallboy7648

I get that ridership is down on the LIRR but if the mta is getting money, was it really neceassary to cut back service

31. driverwoods#1787

You mean the one that goes to Hicksville and Mineola then Babylon Speonk via Central Branch. If they decided to put Montauk Branch trains in TSW you're only making those stops then Express to Jamaica and Penn Station using the Main Line from Bethpage Junction. The actual operation of DM30AC is actually activating the diesel engine on the move. Inbound via Central Branch to Penn Station seems to be Bethpage Junction to Penn Station Electric Mode 80 mph max speed although slow down for Hicksville and Mineola like the M7 Ronkonkoma Branch trains in Pre March 8th 2021 schedule.

32. mrchuck

I wonder if they’ll add the Montauk Branch when they include the Dual mode diesel locomotives for TSW 2 .

33. driverwoods#1787

Good question and if you are wondering all Montauk Branch trains if need to go from Babylon to Penn Station they simply go Central Branch Babylon to Bethpage Junction where they join the Ronkonkoma Branch From Bethpage to Penn Station. If you look at the current Montauk Branch schedule it's going to say Hicksville and Mineola stops. On the other hand Babylon train schedule before today you have Express flyers that skip Massapequa Park bellmore-merrick Freeport Seaford and Wantagh from Babylon Station. Those Stations before March 8th Schedule have Express trains that only do three stops then straight to Penn Station Skipping Jamaica and Woodside 61st Street. Those use M7s M9s & M3s 1985-1987 builds. The reason to why M3s date back to 1985-1987 is that they are actually ordered to do Hicksville Ronkonkoma electrification project.

Last edited: Mar 8, 2021
  34. MrbKlegend89

I never seen a dual mode operate from Penn to Speonk stopping at Mineola, Hicksville, and Babylon....but I do remember a rush hour diesel service from Long Island City to Patchogue that did use stops of Mineola, Hicksville, and Babylon but they suspended that service since the pandemic hit

• Like Like x 1
  35. MrbKlegend89

Man the way its still going in NY with not much of business also, caused this decision to happened...did u see the new timetables effective today??ohh gawd, every branch is nearly a weekend schedule everyday

• Like Like x 1
  36. tallboy7648

I took the hempstead branch today and the 30-50 miniute wait sucks. Why MTA, why? They wanna spend all their money on projects and some employees are exploiting overtime but complain as to why they go broke and cut service as if nobody rides the MTA Long Island Railroad

37. MrbKlegend89

Yea but again not many businesses are still open..ppl operating from home, trust me few months ago I took time to try few rush hour trains certain days and it looked dead and this was around like November..So I'm not sure if business is picking back up in NY areas like that..in other words we still in recovery mode.....the only thing that updated out of MTA alone was late night Subway service now suspended from 2 to 4 am

38. MrbKlegend89

I'm still surprised they still on track of completing the third track project

39. driverwoods#1787

The 3:15pm train at Mineola to Patchogue via Central Branch. Speaking of Penn Station to Speonk trains do they use the Babylon Branch St Albans Lynbrook Bellmore Wantagh Seaford Massapequa Park Babylon route or Main Line then Central Branch at Bethpage Junction.

40. driverwoods#1787

Which station did you start at and remember Train Sim world has that Branch go to Penn Station or Atlantic Terminal Brooklyn.

41. MrbKlegend89

The Pemn Station(departing at 5:09 to Speonk) i think travels express straight to Babylon(after leaving Jamaica) along the Babylon line i know it slow down barely passing Freeport cuz of one of the trains that terminated at Freeport(the 5:03 departure out of Penn)....if they did travel express bypassing through Main Line and Central Branch it would possibly been slowing down by Mineola because of a Port Jefferson diesel train(which originated from Hunterspoint Av)...but mostly it flies express through the Babylon line....a straight express after its stop to Jamaica non stop to Babylon

42. MrbKlegend89

I think he's talking bout real life not the game and boy was the LIRR in headlines today...smfh

43. tallboy7648

I meant in reality not in the game. I did start at Jamaica to head to Hempstead since I have family down there. Then I took the Hempstead Branch To Atlantic Terminal-Brooklyn then took the subway to head home

44. tallboy7648

Yes I do get that but at the same time when you have a railroad company who tends to overspend on things and is getting more aid, it does beg the question, could this been avoided if they spend their money properly? Plus things are slowly getting back to normal and things are way better than in November. On my journey back home yesterday from Hempstead, the first car of the 8 car train got packed. It's not fair to the customers who still ride the railroad

45. driverwoods#1787

Thank you for telling me about it looks like you did a portion of the game in real life Hampstead Branch Atlantic Terminal to Hempstead via Jamaica. What the game needs to mirror it's actually 8 car trains going to Atlantic Terminal towards Hempstead. A future downloadable content should include Far Rockaway and West Hempstead those are the other routes that go to or from Atlantic Terminal. Exception in the south shore are Long Beach & Babylon branches those terminate to Penn Station. For in-game purposes you're only allowed to use 6 car M3 & M7s to Atlantic Terminal. To make it more realistic Dovetail games needs to do 8 car trains to either Penn Station and Atlantic Terminal while 10 & 12 car M7 M3 & M9 trains can only go to Penn Station from Hicksville. In the future 10-12 car M3 M7 & M9 trains Penn Station from Huntington Babylon that includes Flyer trains from Seaford Wantagh Merrick Bellmore Freeport & Massapequa Park intermediate stations on the Babylon branch. Lastly Ronkonkoma MacArthur Airport Station that includes the newly-expanded mid Suffolk yard.

Last edited: Mar 9, 2021
    • Like Like x 1
  46. tallboy7648

Yeh I use the lirr in real life to visit family and I think it's cool to have a line I use in the game. The service cuts the mta put in suck

47. driverwoods#1787

Thank you for telling me and in my family only my mother used Babylon Branch Penn Station to Bellmore and Port Washington Branch Port Washington to Penn Station both are 45 minutes in length. What Dovetail Games to do is extend Port Washington Branch from Woodside Port Washington via Flushing Main Street Bayside and Great Neck that includes the single-track manahassett viaduct. The easiest way for Dovetail Games to do is this Bundle the M9 & M9A for East Side Access Babylon Ronkonkoma branch Hicksville Ronkonkoma MacArthur Airport Station and Port Washington Branches. Bonus is that if you own LIRR Penn Station and Atlantic Terminal to Hicksville and Hempstead M7 then brought M3 DLC. That should actually permit you to substitute M7 & M3 for M9 and also at the same time take over AI Driven Services if they're using M7 M3 & M9.

Last edited: Mar 9, 2021
    • Like Like x 2
  48. tallboy7648

I agree

49. MrbKlegend89

U see the craziness on the news bout the new schedule...what did MTA expect smh...idiots..

• Like Like x 1
  50. formulabee#1362

formulabee#1362 Well-Known Member

There are different formations click switch liveries when selecting a train and it should give u more options