PlayStation Ps4

Discussion in 'TSW General Discussion' started by harrisongooch2007, Feb 21, 2021.

1. harrisongooch2007

harrisongooch2007 Member

I dont know if its my PS4 or the game but when i pause the game the fan goes MAD and i cant even hear the game over it

• Like Like x 1
  2. CK95

CK95 Well-Known Member

It’s both really, the PS4 is plagued by fan noise on a large scale, due to poor cooling design, TSW 2 is one of the more demanding games on PS4 so it pushes it towards its performance limits much more, especially when in menus which is probably due to the locked max FPS there.

You could try doing a full teardown of your PS, giving it a thorough clean and reapplying thermal paste, that will help somewhat with the noise, but you’ll never completely eliminate it.

• Helpful Helpful x 2
    • Like Like x 1
  3. yourchutoy#2095

yourchutoy#2095 New Member

I agree with CK95 as those are the most likely issues. As a side note? If you are unable/unwilling to do a full tear down of your PS4 to clean the cooling system? Get yourself a can of computer aerosol duster and a good, strong vacuum with hose and the crevice tool (that would be that thin attachment for the end of the hose). Unplug your PS4 and stand it on it's left side. As you look down along the crevice you will see little vent holes. Take the vacuum and position it here over those vent and turn vacuum on. Use the Aerosol Computer duster and carefully spray into the back (Large grill over the power cord) for a few seconds. Stop. Wait about 2 minutes. Now reverse the aerosol can and vacuum positions, remove the crevice tool, and spray down into the vents on the side of the console. Be very careful and do not go overboard with the aerosol duster. This WILL NOT remove all the dust from the fan and cooling system, but will give it a decent clean. This method is best used for a kind of preventative/monthly maintenance measure. If you have not cleaned your PS4 for a long time you may want to consider doing the complete tear down. There are plenty of videos on YouTube about how to properly clean the cooling fan/system.

• Like Like x 1
  4. Costpap

Costpap Member

It’s a mixture of both, sadly. For the love of me, I can’t underhand how much more cooling is required just for the menu screens. It’s less than the game itself. How badly do you have to screw up optimization in order for that to happen? Seriously.