Blurred Wheels At High Speed - Poll

Discussion in 'Suggestions' started by grdaniel48, Mar 8, 2021.

?
  1. NO - DTV Please change this feature default value to Disable

14 vote(s)
    73.7%
  2. YES

5 vote(s)
    26.3%
  1. grdaniel48

grdaniel48 Well-Known Member

Hi, I decided to create this Poll about the "Blurred wheels at High speed" issue.

Considering the following facts:

- I did not like this effect at all
    - This effect is set by default.
    - Every time I wants to drive a train, I have to change this setup, in order to eliminate it.

The proposed idea is, if most people does not liked it either, then ask to DTG to change this set to "Disable" by default.

Please kindly ask you to vote about it

Thank you!

Last edited: Mar 8, 2021
  2. stujoy

stujoy Well-Known Member

Nobody likes the blurred wheels. It’s not a feature, it’s an artefact of motion blur. Nobody can really vote yes to the question asked. It is a massively loaded question. Like asking whether people like getting their fingers trapped in a door in a poll designed to suggest that doors are bad things.

Motion blur is better on than off for everything except the wheels, and should be the default setting as it is. The menu setting to turn motion blur off should be a permanent setting, it just isn’t working properly yet. Once that is fixed, you will only have to turn it off the once and it will stay off. There’s no need for DTG to set it off as default, they just need to fix the settings menu so it remembers.

• Like Like x 9
  3. matinakbary

matinakbary Well-Known Member

This is no "effect" or "feature" or something. These blurred wheels are a result of how motion blurr works with the UE. It's not like DTG thought "oh this looks nice". You have to turn off motion blurr in your setting on order to avoid that. But then of course there is no motion blurr at all. Hope this helps you to understand the problem :)

• Like Like x 2
  4. creeperblox2710

creeperblox2710 Well-Known Member

The Blurr on the Wheels are an Error that DTG cannot fix it. As from the reply above you would need to turn off motion Blurr so that there is no Blurr on the Wheels.

• Like Like x 2
  5. grdaniel48

grdaniel48 Well-Known Member

Thank you guys for your comments.
    But it seems you do not clear understood my point.

Fact 1: for comments on other threads, most people does not like the effect DTG created on the wheels when trains goes fast.
    Fact 2: On relative recent update, they include an option on the set up menu, to turn off this effect.
    Fact 3: So as for default these effect is "ON", each time you run a train you have this effect on the train.
    Then Request: Please DTG change the default value of this feature to "OFF" or "DISABLE".
    So only people interested in will have to change it, and not most community member have to do it today
    By the Poll I wanted to demostreate this preference clearly to community and DTG.
    t

6. ShaneS89

ShaneS89 Active Member

Its a UE4 issue, not a DTG issue. Matt has said numerous times they want to solve radial motion blur and they're working with Epic to find a solution. Do I like the blurred wheels, no but I prefer having motion blur turned on.

7. Knightfire1964

Knightfire1964 Well-Known Member

yeah i like having motion blur on but if know i'm going to be taking screenshots ect i will turn it off