Roadmap Update - 9th March 2021

Discussion in 'Dovetail Live Article Discussion' started by DTG Natster, Mar 9, 2021.

1. DTG Natster

DTG Natster Producer Staff Member

Roadmap_Header_1920x1080.jpg
    Read the Roadmap here.

Last edited: Mar 9, 2021
    • Like Like x 29
    • Helpful Helpful x 4
  2. Coastway trainspotter

Coastway trainspotter Well-Known Member

Nothing really new this week , hopefully next time we will see more new stuff added

• Like Like x 7
  3. Horizelux

Horizelux Well-Known Member

[Route Add-On] GBB-R7 01 - Glasgow Cathcart Circle with Class 314 EMU

So we'll only be getting the class 314 for the Cathcart line?

and Track IR is gone..?

Hopefully tonight's stream will clear up a few doubts :)

• Like Like x 6
  4. jasonpfc

jasonpfc Well-Known Member

Tsw 2 core update in production? Yearly core update? Tsw 2 becomes tsw 22 or even tsw 3?

Edit 16.19
    could it be a new gen upgrade?

• Like Like x 6
  5. matinakbary

matinakbary Well-Known Member

"After these releases the teams will start work on their next projects and we'll be able to detail what you have to look forward to over coming months." - so it may take a few roadmap updates to know all the new projects.

• Like Like x 7
  6. nielsmallant100

nielsmallant100 Well-Known Member

No TrackIR?!

• Like Like x 6
  7. Cramnor

Cramnor Well-Known Member

• ★ [Core] Train Sim World 2 Update
    So this is the BIG thing Sam mentioned yesterday that everyone had to sign off on? Not like we knew that for a couple of weeks now already, lol. And the new routes we are promissed since January are still lacking, especially with Hamburg Lübeck now being released soon as it seems the decision on the new routes should clearly be communicated, if that is the point of the roadmap :)

• Like Like x 7
  8. Blacknred81

Blacknred81 Well-Known Member

So only real note for me is the M7 will get livery designer compatability, but it looks like it will be about another 2 weeks at least for the Clinchfield route.

• Like Like x 3
  9. ARuscoe

ARuscoe Well-Known Member

I would imagine so, which for me is good as it avoids sixteen hundred posts of "when are we getting..."

Or they're not working on it right now (maybe due to needing other core updates for it to work)

• Like Like x 6
  10. finntd#7891

finntd#7891 Well-Known Member

I do hope we get NEC worked on for TSW 2 eventually

• Like Like x 2
  11. ARuscoe

ARuscoe Well-Known Member

The point of the roadmap is it shows things which are being worked on, if those new routes aren't being worked on... should they be on there?

• Like Like x 9
  12. Trainman525

Trainman525 Well-Known Member

Just an observation: Why is the Glasgow route only going to have the 314? Is there another loco that will be included that hasn't been decided on?

It just feels like Western Glory, Buy what you already have, to use it on a different route more easily.

Western Glory is marked as a 'Loco Add On', If I buy it I don't get any new locos.
    The Southern Class 313 and the Glasgow route will be the same. I appreciate when you recycle locos like the 377 and 375, within a route combination, just don't make us buy the class 313 as a separate loco (As this will almost certainly come out first) then package it as the ONLY loco in another route, that makes the scenery worth £24.99. At least consider a discount for pre-existing owners of content. It seems as though you are trying to get certain trains to be sold separately, and then re-sell them in another package to the same person!

• Like Like x 22
  13. MetrolinkF125#916

MetrolinkF125#916 Well-Known Member

Hmm, “Core: TSW 2 Update” hmm...

It can only mean one thing;)

14. bobbobberdd

bobbobberdd Well-Known Member

Hamburg-Lübeck now also in Upcoming. My poor wallet. :)

• Like Like x 15
  15. erg73

erg73 Well-Known Member

TSW 2.0 + TSW 2.1 = TSW 2021 ???

• Like Like x 10
  16. MetrolinkF125#916

All these upcoming add ons are gonna hurt our wallets a little:)

• Like Like x 6
  17. Rudolf

Rudolf Well-Known Member

It is disappointing to see TrackIr removed from the roadmap. I think this would be very interesting functionality and would like to get an explanation tonight.

I am also wondering when we get more information on steam, which was promised for last month.

Mt third comment is that
    ★ [Core] Train Sim World 2 Update

does not give any information at all. It is pointless to put it at the roadmap without additional information.

More questions ... can we expect the LIRR updates to be released when Clinchfield is released? I would expect that and I would like to know how many of the 64 LIRR issues are solved wit this upgrade? I understand the LIRR level crossings did not make it? I think these were mentioned before by Adam.

A suggestion for improvement of the roadmap: is it possible to put all changes in one project more next to each other, maybe make the list in two levels?

• Like Like x 4
  18. Mr JMB

Mr JMB Well-Known Member

Cue the speculation about what core upgrades will be included in this year's annual release...interestingly steam appears separately so I am leaning to this not being included as one of the locos/routes in the annual update this year.

Normally there is a new thing in the updated base game plus a couple of other ones that have been out for a bit plus some new functionality, we can only hope it is a consist editor this year :D

• Like Like x 3
  19. MetrolinkF125#916

Or probably TSW 2022 since DTG likes to make new versions of TSW branded with the next year.

• Like Like x 1
  20. xblackwolf90

xblackwolf90 Well-Known Member

It was mentioned in a previous roadmap stream that technical report posts would be marked as 'helpful' by DTG once they have been logged. Is it possible this could be implemented at some point?

It's only a small improvement and if it can't be implemented, then no problem. It just gives a bit of visibility and reassurance that our reports haven't gone unnoticed.

Submitting a ticket gets a response when it has been logged, so a forum based feature that gives visibility would be great :)

• Like Like x 3
  21. 4-COR

4-COR Well-Known Member

Let's hope it's not paid again...

• Like Like x 1
  22. mclitke

mclitke Well-Known Member

Fingers crossed the big update for this year is reworked passengers...

For all the people asking about train sets on Glasgow, they have only confirmed this one train yet but were not commenting on if there will be more - which if there wasn't, or at least wasn't planned, they could just have said no.

Hamburg Lübeck going upwards is a surprise though, I thought we would have to wait longer for that one.

Overall I am thrilled to get my hands on the reworked long Island line, hopefully the update comes sooner rather than later, especially since they openly say work on that route has been finished. I fear they withhold the update for the Clinchfield release for the only purpose of a combines American dlc...

• Like Like x 3
  23. MetrolinkF125#916

Well, what we already know from this is that this is the annual TSW update, either visually modifying the game or making an entirely new game sold separately. They cannot release any additional information because if they do it’ll be a huge spoiler, so it’s best to keep things a secret and get the community speculating.:)

• Like Like x 1
  24. tallboy7648

tallboy7648 Well-Known Member

I'm glad the fixes for lirr are pretty much done so hopefully a patch for lirr will release very soon. Hopefully next week

• Like Like x 6
  25. CK95

CK95 Well-Known Member

None of this has anything to do with the Roadmap.

Also playstation constantly has sales on, and TSW content is on sale much more frequently than 2 months in a year, so maybe stop spamming this in different threads since the info isn’t even correct.

Route suggestions go into the ‘suggestions’ forum.

• Like Like x 13
  26. tallboy7648

To be fair nobody has to buy the content at launch so your wallet could take a little less pain

• Like Like x 4
  27. heyitspopcorn

heyitspopcorn Well-Known Member

DTG: "The roadmap was becoming too cumbersome, we only want to use it to list bigger goals and projects -- individual fixes will be listed in patch notes."
    Also DTG: *lists out every improvement to LIRR* "Removed from Roadmap: [Improvement] Long Island Railroad Preservation Crew focus"

• Like Like x 5
  28. junior hornet

junior hornet Well-Known Member

They’ve done it once!

• Like Like x 1
  29. Jo_Kim

Jo_Kim Well-Known Member

Questions sorted by associated DLC:
    LIRR:
    • ★ [Improvement] LIRR Improved track rendering
    • ★ [Improvement] LIRR Upgrade to Train Sim World 2 skies
    Why is this only for LIRR? Will this only be implemented for LIRR in the beginning and dumped onto the massive work list of the Preservation Crew for all other DLCs?

SKA:
    • [Loco Add-On] DKK-L7 02 - DB BR 187 - Developed by Skyhook Games (For Schnellfahrstrecke Köln)
    The 187 is a multi-purpose locomotive. Which kind of services will this bring to SKA? Freight, Local or Long-Distance service?

Hamburg-Lübeck:
    • ▲ [Route Add-On] DBB-R7 05 - Hamburg – Lübeck. With DB BR 112 + Doppelstockwagen & MRCE BR 182
    Will the Dostos be the same as in MSB or RSN or will there be more variants in this? The roadmap doesn't clarify this.

• Like Like x 2
  30. tallboy7648

DTG= Hypocrisy at it's finest

• Like Like x 3
  31. aaron1807

aaron1807 Member

They are similar train sets but by no means are they the same train. Class 313 uses 3rd rail DC power as opposed to a Class 314 uses overhead 25kV overhead electrification. There are also differences in the body style (see images), nonetheless similar but not the same.

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]

• Like Like x 3
    • Helpful Helpful x 1
  32. samuelsampowersamuel

samuelsampowersamuel Member

May seem a stupid question but how did you guage whether people wanted a Scottish route. Are some routes based on internal polling and nagging for what people want or externally on the forums. Do you use both to guage whether people want them. What made you choose cathart?

• Like Like x 7
  33. Rudolf

Rudolf Well-Known Member

No need to inform me about motives of DTG. I would appreciate a bit more openness, this is not saying anything but "we are working very hard" I believe that that and I do not need to be informed about that. A bit openness may help and we might be able to give valuable feedback early in the development process

• Like Like x 3
  34. tallboy7648

People have asked for a scottish route but I have not seen requests for the Cathcart Circle Line in particular. I've seen the fife circle line though

• Like Like x 5
  35. tallboy7648

I agree. This is a train simulator and not star wars which has a massive story so I really don't see the point in being so secretive 100% of the time

• Like Like x 1
  36. CK95

CK95 Well-Known Member

Fife Circle would of required DTG to make 2 new trains so I guess that’s why we didn’t get that.

Cathcart is a small route, with lots of stock options, which IMO should come with the 314 and then 2 other units too.

I certainly won’t be entertaining this route with just a 314.

• Like Like x 5
  37. DB628

DB628 Well-Known Member

Class 314 Is pure crap, why not the modern day train class 385? 59C5F6A2-A203-4E29-AC66-104896A3CE0A.jpeg .

• Like Like x 9
  38. solicitr

solicitr Well-Known Member

That's not how they do it. They announce new DLCs when they are nearing finished, not when they first decide to do them (especially if a project goes bad and they have to scuttle it).

• Like Like x 2
    • Helpful Helpful x 1
  39. arjan.dik

arjan.dik Guest

I see that the preservation crew is working on MSB. Can they also check what the loco's of MSB do to other routes?

Or could they consider LZB for those locos?

• Like Like x 1
  40. SHINO BAZ

SHINO BAZ Well-Known Member

Looks like the iow 1938 train missed the livery editor fix train,yes i know thats a rivet game problem.But dtg can get there fix out in short order rivet games should have fix there train,just to get it off there to do list.

• Like Like x 2
  41. solicitr

Several streams ago Matt discussed the process they use in choosing routes. They do pay a lot of attention to the forums, but often it's not This Route a Lot of People Mentioned, but rather, "What do the most numerous requests seem to have in common? What is the theme? (and what can we get a license for?) - together with what is practically possible in terms of route length and complexity.* I would venture that some combination of expressed demand for a Scottish route, UK commuter rail, and perhaps the 313/314 all played roles (along with ScotRail being willing to play ball).

I don't recall a lot of demand being expressed for Marseilles-Avignon, or even for the LGV- there was however much interest in a second HST, and a country other than Germany/UK/US.

*He said, interestingly, that the limiting factor is not length in X miles/kilometers, but the number of stations and railyards.

• Like Like x 9
  42. tallboy7648

Yeh another loco would add more variety for that route. I feel like they are jsut using the 314 since it's similar to the 313 in many areas. They probably should've included the class 380

• Like Like x 4
  43. tallboy7648

Well they been had a scotrail license so the Fife Circle line is possible and probably would've been the more popular option

• Like Like x 2
  44. a.paice

a.paice Well-Known Member

I don’t mind a little charge if it brings some real improvement

• Like Like x 1
  45. matinakbary

matinakbary Well-Known Member

This is NOT going to happen. They mentioned this maybe just 1000 times yet. And also the reasons behind that. Sorry, but don't waste your hopes for that..

• Like Like x 6
  46. lmcpfc2014

lmcpfc2014 Well-Known Member

Put this in the suggestion forum

• Like Like x 1
  47. tallboy7648

I don't think that would be popular again

• Like Like x 1
  48. tallboy7648

He probably meant a brand new nec route and not the one we got for tsw2020 because I think we could use a brand new nec route

• Like Like x 2
  49. solicitr

The problem with that approach is that it creates even more confusion with TS20xx.

• Like Like x 1
  50. lmcpfc2014

lmcpfc2014 Well-Known Member

It won't be, it's only small updates to the UE

• Like Like x 2