Isle Of Man Railway (raad Yiarn Vannin) Route Proposal

Discussion in 'Suggestions' started by Inky Scrolls, Jan 8, 2018.

1. Inky Scrolls

Inky Scrolls New Member

[​IMG]

The Isle of Man Railway, modelled on its current incarnation from the Manx capital of Douglas to Port Erin on the south-west coast, would be an ideal route for Train Simulator. Though relatively short (15·3 mls/24·6 km), the railway travels through some of the most beautiful parts of the Manx countryside, and is a highly popular tourist attraction in real life.

[​IMG]

With its unusual gauge of 3' (914·4 mm), the line is home to unique locomotive and rollingstock, unlike anything found elsewhere in the British Isles. The main source of power is provided by Beyer, Peacock 2-4-0Ts, as in the picture above, supplemented by a single 0-6-0T and a small number of diesel locomotives, as shown below.

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]

Carriages used a largely similar in design, for example that shown below, and there are also a variety of wagons used on demonstration freight and works trains.

[​IMG]

To conclude, the Isle of Man Railway would be an ideal route candidate for Train Simulator, with a varied line and interesting motive power, combined with an unusual gauge and marvellous scenery.

• Like Like x 5
  2. Pacerlover23

Pacerlover23 New Member

Dovetail DOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO This

(and a LMS Princess Royal Class ;)

• Like Like x 1
  3. GWR5029

GWR5029 Member

I agree wither Pacerlover23, exactly actually. I would love to see this, and 6201 (at the top of my "locos I like that aren't in TS" list). Isle of Man would be beautiful, anything Victorian like this, still soldiering on in the 21st century.