Royal Gorge Route

Discussion in 'Suggestions' started by MasterofTrains, Mar 10, 2018.

?
  1. Yes

16 vote(s)
    100.0%
  2. No

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  1. MasterofTrains

MasterofTrains Member

[​IMG]

The Royal Gorge was a important connection during the age of passenger rail. The route then became part of UP's Tennesse Pass. Today one train still uses the line. The Royal Gorge Route Railroad starts in Canon (pronounced Canyon) and travels 12 miles down the route and then backs to Canon. The journey takes about 1 hour and 30 minutes in total.

Rolling Stock and Motive Power
    [​IMG]

The railroad uses F7 locomotives 402,403 and a B unit.
    [​IMG]

The railroad has a C20 which can be used in place of the B unit or by itself
    [​IMG]
    The SD-9 serves the same purpose as the C20
    [​IMG]
    The last locomotive is a GP7 2238 serves the same purpose as the C20 and SD-9
    [​IMG]
    The first kind of car is a Vista dome they have 5 one of them is in this scheme
    [​IMG]
    The rest of the train is mostly coaches and open cars as seen here with a dinning car in the consist.
    [​IMG]
    And finally this boxcar converted into a cab car like peice this rides on the back of the train

The route travel along side the Arkansas River where you can see people white water rafting. The train travels under a large bridge. In Train Sim World the route will be a short run but viewing the secnery in diffrent seasons. Riding in the open cars or the Vista Domes can be fun as well. A nice Feature would be the horn echoing in the Canyon. It's not much of a long distance passenger or freight route but I think it would be a nice addition.

Last edited: Mar 17, 2018
    • Like Like x 7
  2. Michael Newbury

Michael Newbury Well-Known Member

Looks great, would be very interested in seeing the possibility of this being added to TSW.

• Like Like x 2
  3. PlatChap

PlatChap Well-Known Member

That cab car is one of the ugliest and least aerodynamic pieces of railroad equipment I have ever seen and I absolutely love it.

• Like Like x 2
  4. GWR5029

GWR5029 Member

This would be a very scenic route, especially with steam power, and the old style open observation the D&RG used. Beautiful route.

• Like Like x 2
  5. evanhinkle1

evanhinkle1 New Member

I love the idea maybe if it was during D&RG operation that would make it even better also C20 is the locomotive number not the locomotive model which is an RP40-2C, hope this clears things up a bit.

• Like Like x 1