Scenario Planner

Discussion in 'TSW General Discussion' started by kt291076, Mar 9, 2021.

1. kt291076

kt291076 Active Member

I'm sorry if this is a basic question but I have hardly used this. Is it possible to use the scenarion planner to write your own full timetable to use that will be saved and link together services that turnaround or is it just a single service at a time and then it is deleted?

An example would be a full timetable on NTP a Vic to Stalybridge service would then link to the return service back to Vic. Obviously within the constraints of the existing sims. So use a Class 377 that I have for TPE services as the Class 185 is not on the sims.

Hope that makes sense.

• Like Like x 1
  2. kt291076

kt291076 Active Member

Also would you see AI trains for the others services you have set up as part of this timetable if it did work?

3. Nick Y

Nick Y Well-Known Member

You can only do one way trips on the scenario planner as a driver.
    You can't go to a destination, swap cabs or do a run round, then return with that service to it's origin point.
    You can program other units in to do the return leg but once you've arrived at the destination, offloaded passengers, the scenario ends.
    In short, there's no way to create a full timetable in one scenario with services you can drive.

Also, you can't link scenario timetables to each other. They are separate entities. You can have a max of 20 or 30 services per scenario you create and a max of 20 or 30 scenarios per route. So, if you create several different scenarios, you won't see services from others you have created. You will only see AI that you have programmed in yourself as part of that one scenario.
    Sorry I can't remember how many scenarios you can create per route and how many services you can have in a scenario but it's either 20 or 30. I do know that one has a limit of 20 and the other 30.

4. kt291076

kt291076 Active Member

Brilliant. Thank you. Exactly what I needed to know before I attempted to write one to find it doesn't work out.

5. AGoodJudge

AGoodJudge Active Member

There is a way of creating "return journeys", but you need to be slightly creative...

This is how to set up the Manchester-Stalybridge service and then drive another service back from Stalybridge to Manchester:

First create the player service from Manchester-Stalybridge platform 1. Then create an AI service from Stalybridge bay platform or platform 2 - Manchester. To make the scenario as much like a return journey as possible, use the same type of train for each service. Set the AI service to start at a time when you will definitely have reached Stalybridge. On reaching Stalybridge, leave the player train and sit in the driver's seat of the AI train. This AI train will become the player service, and when it's time for it to leave, you can drive it back to Manchester. Basically, you can take control of any AI train which hasn't reached its start time yet and it will become the player service. This certainly works on NTP and GWE anyway.

However, it's not quite as simple as that. If you actually arrive at Stalybridge - i.e. if you get close enough to the stop marker that you're regarded as having arrived - this will end the scenario. So you can either stop something like 200 yards short of the stop marker, and when you take over the AI train, the AI will take over the original train you were driving and pull up to the stop marker for you, or you can create the original player service as operating between Manchester and Mossley, for example, just so that when you stop at Stalybridge you haven't reached the end of the journey.

You can even, in principle, drive back to Manchester and have another train waiting for you there which you can then take over and do the whole thing again. But one thing to bear in mind is that when AI trains reach their destination they simply stay there. So if you try to drive Manchester-Stalybridge again, you'll never get there as the train you left there earlier will still be blocking platform 1.

• Like Like x 1
  6. hasse#8149

hasse#8149 Member

That has to be fixed. The AI trains have to at least disapear after their run ends to not clogg upp the entire system. OR ideally drive to a deopt and park there. THAT would be super cool.

7. david-bright184169

david-bright184169 Active Member

That was my first mistake on my first use of scenario planner
    I put an AI in front of me and went all the way to Leeds
    only to find I couldn't complete because there was a train blocking the platform
    writing everything down on paper as Sam did in his stream is advisable