Electrostar Improvements

Discussion in 'Suggestions' started by ScandiTrains, Mar 9, 2021.

1. ScandiTrains

ScandiTrains Member

The 375 on Southeastern High Speed and 377 on East Coastway have annoyed me for a long time now. These EMUs NEED an update as soon as possible. The unit in-game does not represent the the train in reality in a good way I think. Therefore I think it's time for DTG to do a massively improvement on these unit, and that includes:

- Better traction motor sounds. (This is what I think is the most important. The in-game motors sounds does not sound like the real thing)
    - New AWS alarm sounds. (Not sure about this one. Some sound mods in TS have a different AWS sound, so I predict the sound mods have the correct sound as they do real recordings.)
    - New DSD/DVD sounds (Again, not sure about this one. These sounds are different in other sound mods)
    - Add compressor noises (Would really bring more life to the train)
    - New cab visuals (To provide the train a more lively feeling to it).
    - Better PIS. (That includes the exterior font size as well as the screen where you select destination. Armstrong Powerhouse have made a good one at their EP.)
    - Better driving physics (I feel the train have a weird way of moving. They should at least fix the power failure that is causing every single time you go over a junction.)

Other things that generally needs to be implemented on all trains:
    - Working GSM-R
    - Working CCTV
    - Working passenger announcement system

Let me know what you think about this idea. I assume there are other things missing on the list, so let me know them down below. :D

• Like Like x 3
  2. Coastway trainspotter

Coastway trainspotter Well-Known Member

This list seems to have a lot of high expectations

3. ScandiTrains

ScandiTrains Member

Might be, although I think these improvements are important for this train as it is so popular.

• Like Like x 1
  4. formulabee#1362

formulabee#1362 Well-Known Member

Full working TMS- so we can change the settings on the p doors and New lighting, working SDO

• Like Like x 2
  5. Rail Runner

Rail Runner Well-Known Member

Would also say that the Train Length dials are not there anymore; they have been put on the IDU.
    There is not a SDO button anymore either.
    The model of the unit is also wrong, but I’m not gonna be fussy; the MOSL and PTOSL-W in game have sides on the sides which aren’t on the /4s, the naming of the unit coaches are wrong too.
    To be honest though, it’s a game, I can use them to go B from A. I don’t mind some small minor details. It does the job and therefore I’m not fussy :)

• Like Like x 1
  6. cory#7390

cory#7390 New Member

There's already pretty good mods for better sounds on the elctrostars which you can find on the trainssimcommunity website, so it would be a waste of time really for DTG to make those improvements too. However I would like the other improvements you listed, especially the CCTV and passenger announcements.

7. ScandiTrains

ScandiTrains Member

I am fully aware of sound mods for the electrostars. However I feel it doesn't sound really good compared to real life. I get the point, I think the sound mods are on good way and far better than DTG's original sound, in fact I actually use them myself. But again, I don't feel they are very good either. Take for example SamT's 375/377 EP for TS21, those sounds is completely like IRL. AP also have a good one, although I think it's not that good as SamT's.

Also, I think it's wrong that it's waste of time for DTG to provide us better sounds. It's not correct that we should need to download mods to have an enjoyable experience when driving.

Other than that, thank you for liking the other ideas on my list. They would really provide a good experience when driving a train. :)

• Like Like x 1
  8. cory#7390

cory#7390 New Member

I understand where you're coming from that the sounds still aren't up to your liking since you obviously are very familiar with the trains. My point about it being a "waste of time" is that DTG have limited resources and I was just considering other stuff which may be of high priority such as other preserved collection routes which are in a much worse state at the moment.

• Like Like x 1