Open/close Doors

Discussion in 'Suggestions' started by Ian1991, Mar 9, 2021.

?
  1. Yes (please respond devs)

16 vote(s)
    80.0%
  2. No

3 vote(s)
    15.0%
  3. Give us an option ingame

4 vote(s)
    20.0%
Multiple votes are allowed.
  1. Ian1991

Ian1991 Well-Known Member

For PC users having the ability to open and close doors using keyboard commands.

Get rid of the ugly pop-upmenu, and remove the arcade sound each time you stop at a station and can depart.

This feature was done for console, was meant to be added for PC so PLEASE get your votes in guys and hopefully the devs can make this happen soon.

Something so small and trivial can make the biggest difference in-game and make it look/feel and sound much more immersive by simply removing arcade menus and sounds, one key to open left, one key to open right and one key to close both sides.

2. chriis

chriis Member

For me the arcade sound when you stop at a station is far less irritating than the brief pause/stutter that I get before I see 'Objective Complete'. It's not possible to glide to a stop at a platform and release the doors without a half-second pause while the game recognises I've stopped at the location specified in the HUD... This is compounded by the the way the camera then jumps to the 'at rest' position from the 'under braking' swaying motion, which is quite jarring...!

• Like Like x 1
  3. ARuscoe

ARuscoe Well-Known Member

Pop-up menu isn't too much of an issue for me. If you want "real life", use the buttons in cab and then you would be doing it properly anyway
    With regards to the sound it's "completion of task" rather than "you can open the doors". Agree this could (read should) be toggle-able at player's preference

I don't get a half second pause, but then I've usually got the door open on screen ready to click when the train is at about 0.2mph anyway. Not "real life" but then the doors still open OK anyway

4. Ian1991

Ian1991 Well-Known Member

to do 'real life' of using the buttons in cab then you have to scan the cab with a dot in the middle of the screen.....again for me not realistic. Much more realistic to simply stop (using a keyboard) and then press a button (using the keyboard) which mimics what drivers do in real life (pressing a button).

5. ARuscoe

ARuscoe Well-Known Member

In real life the driver would know where the button was and not have to scan any more than I don't have to scan my car for windscreen wipers or light controls.
    The keyboard control standardise what you can do across multiple locos, but "for realism", learn the cab layout