To Adam: Tips Regarding Lzb For Preserved Collection

Discussion in 'TSW General Discussion' started by Task, Mar 10, 2021.

1. Task

Task Well-Known Member

Whoever reads this: please forward it to Adam and the Preserved Team.

First about LZB on the tracks itself:
    The only preserved route that should have LZB would be Rapid Transit on the section from Bitterfeld to shortly after Rackwitz. In my opinion that would be nice to have (especially for ICs and ICEs in scenario designer) but really not a must have. All the other routes (you - Adam - mentioned HRR before) from preserved collection don't have LZB irl.

But now about LZB on the trains:
    I really hope you can add that. Many of the German trains (especially the locos) in the game have LZB irl and here we would have a direct benefit. For example the 146.2 and the 185.2 run on the LZB tracks on SKA so there would be more realistic operations possible on there. And I don't know how you set LZB up but adding LZB do a train shouldn't require any changes to the signalling on the route itself I think.
    Another train that would heavily benefit from LZB would be the 425 as irl it is limited to 140 km/h under PZB but is allowed to drive 160 km/h under LZB.
    So the trains that should have LZB are: 146.2, 185.2 and 185.5, 182. And I don't know about this for sure but maybe the 155 and the dosto cabcars.

• Like Like x 22
    • Helpful Helpful x 2
  2. mclitke

mclitke Well-Known Member

HRR has no lzb sections in real life? :|

LZB on rapid transit would a huge enhancement imo and add something special to a route that otherwise is fairly simple.

Thanks for the elaborated post!

• Like Like x 1
  3. Task

Task Well-Known Member

No and I really don't know why that's a common thing many of you believe. Well the section from shortly after Duisburg to Dortmund has LZB but nothing on the route we have in TSW.

Yeah it would be cool but we have no content on the route for now that would use it. The Talent 2 doesn't have LZB and the 182 services are limited to 160 because of the wagons anyway. But you could of course also say that about all the other trains in TSW 2 that don't have LZB yet. So it would only be of real use for scenario designer and maybe future loco add ons but as Leipzig Hbf isn't modelled I don't believe we'll get something in this direction for RT.

4. suhler

suhler Member

5. Jo_Kim

Jo_Kim Well-Known Member

The modernized BR 155 (as it is in the game) is equipped with LZB CE-II. Dostos are equipped with LZB since the thrid or fourth generation (not sure about that) but the one in the game should have it too.
    Also LZB needs some general enhancements. Real LZB has a max. display distance which depends on the max. speed for the train on the line. What this means is, that a 200km/h Intercity for example will not show the next restriction all the time but rather only display the next 7000m. Only when a speed restriction comes closer than 7000m will LZB indicate this in the cab.
    These are the max. display distances depending on max. speed and brake performance:
    upload_2021-3-10_14-34-48.png
    The german rulebook for using LZB (with diagrams / pictures) is available here: LZB-80 Fahrzeugeinrichtungen

Last edited: Mar 10, 2021
    • Like Like x 6
  6. Cramnor

Cramnor Well-Known Member

It would be nice if the existing LZB gets the fixes it needs first, before it is rolled out to other routes and locos. There have been quite some posts pointing at the various deficits it has at the moment.

Once this is done, it would indeed be nice to add LZB on the appropriate sections on RT, and also increase the corresponding speeds and add the signs where needed :)

When it comes to locos, I have a hard time believing that a 146 or Dosto cab car would be equipped with LZB. There is surely the general option for this when checking with the manufacturer, no doubt, but I cannot see why the operator would order and pay for this feature when it is absolutely not needed, especially for locos running on MSB for example. Does anyone actually KNOW if they have that in real life, or is this pure speculation?

7. matinakbary

matinakbary Well-Known Member

What fix? Fix means something is broken. And as far as I can tell the LZB in HMA and SKA works fine as well as the LZB in the 403, 406, 423. Never experienced any problems. Or are you talking about improvement rather than fixes?

8. Cramnor

Cramnor Well-Known Member

I am talking about fixes, things such as that the upcoming speeds LZB shows are wrong (as soon as you enter the 250km/h section on SKA for example, it shows 160 the whole time, which is not correct) or the red "G" indicator and corresponding sounds. The blue "B" und "Ü" indicators are not working properly, things like these ;)

9. Jo_Kim

Jo_Kim Well-Known Member

The 146 / Dostos on MSB are equipped with LZB. Other than say the UK, Germany does not have a centralized rail network. Therefore locos are only specialized for a broad area or are built to run on the entire network, as the 146 is. So even if no line, on which a loco does run on, has LZB installed they will still be equipped with it to enable relocations to other depots.
    Even freight only locos that will never run more than 120km/h are equipped with LZB to increase safety and average speed. LZB and PZB are mostly combined in one system so the costs of equipping a loco with only PZB aren't that much less than having both installed.

Last edited: Mar 10, 2021
    • Like Like x 4
  10. solicitr

solicitr Well-Known Member

Just because a service is limited to 160, that doesn't mean it can't or won't use LZB if available- it's easier for the driver, and safer for the train, and (above all else) makes life easier for the dispatcher because it coordinates train speeds across a crowded network.

• Like Like x 3