Roadmap Update - 9th March 2021

Discussion in 'Dovetail Live Article Discussion' started by DTG Natster, Mar 9, 2021.

1. seblay1608

seblay1608 Well-Known Member

I hope they did the DBpza 781 and the DABpza 786 for Hamburg-Lübeck. The cab car is nearly the same we already have in TSW, a DBpbzfa 766. We have from MSB the 766.0, a 766 is also operating on Hamburg-Lübeck.

• Like Like x 2
  2. tallboy7648

tallboy7648 Well-Known Member

I noticed the bad framerate which is just stupid in my opinion

• Like Like x 3
  3. LightningPORTO

LightningPORTO Member

Hello everyone,

How about the "external hardware" support? I mean, other than Raildriver, can we still expect the implementation for general joysticks? I want to use my own DIY Raildriver. How´s that battle going?

Thanks in advance, stay safe, keep smashing!

• Like Like x 3
  4. Yoinkermcskoinker

Yoinkermcskoinker Well-Known Member

Will the people who already own NTP and/Or tees valley Get the extra carriages in livery designer without buying the pack?

5. OnlyMe1909

OnlyMe1909 Well-Known Member

Question for tonight's stream: when the Preserved Crew are looking at MSB/RT, will they fix the non working pzb lights on the 182 dashboard?

• Like Like x 8
  6. ionutmineadaniel

ionutmineadaniel Well-Known Member

From what I heard on the livestream yes but not from day 1

• Like Like x 2
  7. Thomas Ham

Thomas Ham Active Member

I loving playing on the southeastern high speed I loving the class 395 class 375 and the Class 465/9 my understanding of the class 465/0 and 465/1 use the rheostatic braking From London Cannon Street to Petts wood Line and also I understand that the 465/9 run on the Chatham main line some time's use them as I use to travel on Them a lot but I love to see the Class 700 on the line to make it complete route.

i have idea for passengers on TSW 2
    my plan is well at busy time like in the Morning time when you are of to work have the Train Full of Passenger so can't get any more on the Train and the same in the evening time and in the middle of the day have less passengers not so busy time

Last edited: Mar 9, 2021
    • Like Like x 2
  8. mattdsoares

mattdsoares Well-Known Member

Stood out to me too. Matt just made a long thoughtful post on how much he loves VR and would like it in TSW, but it just doesn't make business sense...then they go and cut TrackIR which would have been a nice consolation for those looking for more immersion. Really sad. VR is a big undertaking. Track IR really isn't. Heck, TS2021 has had it for years.

• Like Like x 6
  9. ionutmineadaniel

ionutmineadaniel Well-Known Member

They said that they can't get their hands on an thameslink license so most likely we won't get the 700s

• Like Like x 2
    • Helpful Helpful x 1
  10. theorganist

theorganist Well-Known Member

Not everyone wants to drive modern trains all the time!

• Like Like x 12
  11. matinakbary

matinakbary Well-Known Member

While this is also not an 'Adam-Question' i'd love to know if Hamburg-Lübeck has Layers and whether the upcoming BR 101 will use a layer on Hamburg-Lübeck and/or on other routes (next to HRR)

• Like Like x 5
  12. Bryer

Bryer Well-Known Member

Crikey the wibble factor is off the chart in here today!

• Like Like x 6
  13. johnjohn190690

johnjohn190690 Active Member

I'll miss the live stream cos of work commitments will watch it later tonight. Hopefully this question will be answered would like to know how many layers we will get with this route.

• Like Like x 1
  14. matinakbary

If this get's answered which i highly doubt, I'll let you know!

• Like Like x 1
  15. solicitr

solicitr Well-Known Member

Console optimization is a matter of the core game engine, not individual routes.

• Like Like x 1
  16. deki32

deki32 Well-Known Member

That the TSW 2 core is being updated :)?

• Like Like x 7
  17. johnjohn190690

johnjohn190690 Active Member

Cheers thank you

• Like Like x 1
  18. Rudolf

Rudolf Well-Known Member

Sam recommends to wait a few weeks and then bring up the TrackIR topic again. It is removed because nobody is working on it. Which is a pity, because it would be very helpful to be able to look quickly at the gauges and watch what is going on on the tracks at the same time. I will definitely open the discussion again.

• Like Like x 4
  19. ildario77

ildario77 Well-Known Member

LIRR performances are terrible compared to other routes (ECW is smooth as silk). So it means there is something wrong with it. From TSW2020 to TSW2 DTG changed something. Pillars draw distance in Penn Station surely was improved, but console hardware didn't change.

• Like Like x 3
  20. fatnslo#7264

fatnslo#7264 Member

I was waiting for Trackir support and full Raildriver support before spending anymore on TSW2. Was hoping it would be in the next few months. Sounds like years now if ever.

• Like Like x 2
  21. MetrolinkF125#916

MetrolinkF125#916 Well-Known Member

Well, this “update” is still in planning so they’ll release more information as it moves up the roadmap.

22. MetrolinkF125#916

And that they fix the sounds with the AC4400 because the SPG version sounds are awful, but with this pandemic going on idk if they can.

23. MetrolinkF125#916

Well first of all there’s a pandemic atm so travel is restricted, which limits the resources you can get sounds from since now u can’t travel to get sounds from a train across the world. Then, gathering takes a while I believe, as you have to record sounds in multiple combinations, such as throttling from notch 0-1, 0-2, 0-3, 0-4, and 1-4, 4-8, 6-2, playing the horn, bell, and engine at notch 4 at the same time, horn, no bell, engine at run 8, and vice versa. Next there’s coding them and applying them into the loco so they respond to player actions such as when u increase power or apply brakes, and when u sound the horn or turn on the bell. Then u have to test them all to make sure they sound right.:)

• Like Like x 1
  24. Callum B.

Callum B. Well-Known Member

At the very least I hope they fix the sound cues and curves of the AC4400CW. I made a mod for the AC4400CW sounds at the launch of TSW2, but I quickly found out that the game plays notch 6 sounds simultaneously with notch 3, and it is just absurdly noisy. If they can fix that, it would make sounds mods for the locomotive easier. This was not an issue in TSW2020.

You can see in my video here a demonstration of what I mean.

Cheers

Last edited: Mar 10, 2021
    • Like Like x 4
  25. MetrolinkF125#916

Did any of the AC4400 locos have a control stand? I’m not sure, all I’ve heard is them all having a control desk unless there’s special variations I haven’t heard of yet.

26. MetrolinkF125#916

Yep:)

27. space_ace96

space_ace96 Active Member

To be fair, by the end of what's in development now, there will be more historic UK content than modern. As for modern, there is only the preserved ECW, the preserved GWE, and SEHS and its one loco DLC. As for pre-modern day (even if the trains still run now), you all will have NTP, heavy freight, GWE's HST, Tees Valley Line, West Somerset, IOW, Bakerloo, Diesel Legends, the class 313, the class 52 and 30-something, and Cathcart's 314. No more UK trains built post 2000 are planed for the next several releases, so I don't fault anyone looking for more modern day to match the huge catalog of pre-1995 locos you all have access to.

• Like Like x 5
  28. Louis-MTA NYCTA

Louis-MTA NYCTA Well-Known Member

Not only is this the case, but the LIRR route has had the most bugs and issues to date. Primarily since it has mostly NOT been updated fully in almost 2 years. The LIRR route coding is over 2 years old, it was also used from NEC which was one of the original routes way back in early 2018. Being that the coding is so old, bugs and other issues like render distance and voids in the map have come out, as well as the infamous disappearing tunnels/lighting glitch. Being that the LIRR is still a famous route even to this day on TSW, it would seem logical to start heavy on a route that was in desperate need of more care and fixing. Over the years I have seen more complaints on the LIRR than any other route. Based on my views and research. But can be objective as times.

But as the preservation crew is finishing up the work on the LIRR, I would expect more fixes and attention to come on other routes a well.
    We even have the Rapid Transit crew on the roadmap. which is once again another old route which has developed bugs and issues over the years.

• Like Like x 2
  29. WiSchmo

WiSchmo Active Member

What happened to the layers for console on HMA? Did they silently get merged with the misterious core update?
    Because I can't find them on the roadmap anymore...

• Like Like x 3
  30. space_ace96

space_ace96 Active Member

I doubt anything new is planned for SPG. It's pretty rare that a route gets more than one loco DLC, except the German loco DLC and layers because Germany effectively has a state railway with DB's near-monopoly. Only like Peninsula Corridor, Tees Valley and I think WSR got more than one loco DLC outside Germany. SPG just got the C40-8W, and more US freight is on the way with Clinchfield and Cane Creek. I think DTG knows that if they make another US freight route or loco, the US passenger crowd will probably riot. There has been no US passenger route since TSW2 released, and since Peninsula Corridor for TSW2020, we're getting remastered SPG, the C40-8W, Clinchfield, and Cane Creek--all freight. They've been promising a new passenger route since they left NEC in the dust, and I think they're hoping to follow through on that this year if COVID doesn't stop them.

• Like Like x 3
  31. Blacknred81

Blacknred81 Well-Known Member

What's odd is I cant find a photo of a UP AC4400CW cab, plenty of shots of CP and CSX cabs, but not a UP cab (Though I can find cab shots of a UP SD70ACe or ES44)

Closest shot I found is an ex-Southern Pacific AC4400CW #177, which is different compared to the CSX layout in the game with both the monitor layouts and the switch locations.
    IMG_7061_12-28-09_Pleasant Hill, MO.jpg
    20171208194532_1.jpg

• Like Like x 1
  32. theorganist

theorganist Well-Known Member

It depends how you look at it. I am more interested in recreating an era, to me the class 313 and 314 and relatively modern as they are running in modern or recent settings but to me they are more interesting to drive than a class 380 something in my opinion. I would like to see more routes recreating the pre-privatisation period and seeing more historic trains like loco's and multiple units built in the 50's and 60's. Not running older stock in a more modern setting, that is only part of the experience as far as I am concerned.

The Cathcart circle is not a historic period route, it is set in the recent modern period with a train which only went out of service two years ago. The class 313 is still in service on ECW as far as I know and the 1972 stock is still in service. If the Cathcart circle came with a class 303 in BR blue with BR period signs, signals and infrastructure then it would be historic route, even with the 314 in blue/grey as they were delivered, that is what I am looking for. So even the 314 isn't as historic as I would like but I find them a lot more interesting because they are of an earlier period than a class 385, but we are all different.

And don't get me started on the new GWML pack, we have all those train already and shoe horning them into a modern route in such an unrealistic fashion is not exactly quenching my first for a bit of history in TSW.

WSR is not an historic route, if it was it would have a Prairie, 'B' set and a rake of unfitted wagons.

I think as many people as possible should be catered for but look at TS1, the preponderance of modern routes compared to historic is huge, that is how I can see TSW developing.

The beauty of simming for me, is that I can recreate a bygone age, where for me, trains are more interesting and operations more interesting. Everyone has their favourites and many people like to drive the most up to date trains. I don't mind it myself, I enjoy SEHS but if that is all TSW is going to offer long term then it won't be the sim for me. We have only had two "historic" routes so far that is NTP and TSW, routes that reflect a bygone era not a recent or current route using older stock or a preserved route which has little relation to what it was when closed under BR in the early 70's.

Last edited: Mar 10, 2021
    • Like Like x 6
  33. junior hornet

junior hornet Well-Known Member

DTG have said many times that HMA layers on console could be turned on now... but it would crash the game. The work they need to do to get them running successfully is in the core optimisation. That is probably why the layers are not specifically mentioned in the roadmap, because there is no actual work going on on them until optimisation is complete.

• Like Like x 4
  34. ARuscoe

ARuscoe Well-Known Member

Yep, a whole lot more. As someone said above you basically have to get a train (probably not one in service) and then record and record and record as many combinations and "in betweens" as you can to try to get pure sounds from the various components as possible.

Imagine if you will what sounds are made by the components of a train under standard braking at 15mph when coming to a stop. The brakes, suspension, engine, track sounds, ambient sounds etc will all be sounding in real life, and to create that in game you would need those various sound components and script the sounding of them
    But you also have to account for those people who like to play tunes with the horn, do random engine revving etc etc and allow the scripting and sounds for that
    And then you have the issue that in the real world every separate component will have it's control system, processor, input/output systems... whereas in this game you have to emulate all of that whilst also trying to make the visuals run at 60fps (or more) in HD. And from what DTG have said on various streams, the enderlying game engine (unreal) is limited in how many channels of sounds it can handle, so if you have too many things going on at once something somewhere has to drop out

So yes, simplistically you could record a train and play the sound back when someone sticks it in "drive", but the problem is that everyone does things slightly differently, and they all want it to react as they want it to react

• Like Like x 2
  35. hyperlord

hyperlord Well-Known Member

Don't forget to mention that the soundscape was already working and lightyears better in TSW2020 (okay, with manually raising the volume via ini) running the prior "version" of said engine.
    Compared to other titles using UE there is a "lot of room to enhance the sound and ambience experience" IMHO

• Like Like x 2
  36. ARuscoe

Yes, and the soundscaping is being looked at by Adam and the preservation team going forward, whereas I presume the main team would have done the sound when the routes were built under TSW1
    Of course.

• Like Like x 2
  37. LucasLCC

LucasLCC Well-Known Member

upload_2021-3-10_10-48-0.png

Good job DTG...

• Like Like x 9
  38. ARuscoe

This is why they stopped making public statements on target dates. They don't meet them so no point making them

• Like Like x 2
  39. LucasLCC

It wouldn't be so bad if it was still in the pipeline (as yes it has been more than two months), however to drop if off the list is a bit poor. Some people might have purchased a TrackIR with the expectation that DTG would deliver the comparability.

• Like Like x 6
  40. ARuscoe

It means they're not working on it right now, doesn't mean they won't in future
    Right. What does that have to do with DTG? What people decide to do for their own reasons is only to do with the person that made the choice. DTG have not given an announcement of release so there should be no expectation of anything (and even if they had said "coming in a few months... read DTG's previous anticipated release statement and realise they're unlikely)

• Like Like x 6
  41. matinakbary

That would be the decision of the person who bought it and not something DTG is responsible of. They never announced it properly. Same as Multiplayer - will it come? Yes. Is it really announced like "Guys, get ready, MP release in 2 weeks!"? No. This would be like "Oh I bought a headset for Muliplayer, but now you cancelled it? It's your fault that i bought a Headset" - not a proper logic.

Also: TrackIR is not abandoned. The RM shows what they are working at right now. And since they don't work at TrackIR it is the right decision to take it off the list.

• Like Like x 2
  42. LucasLCC

"We are working to release TrackIR within 1-2 months of TSW 2 being released" was in their front page FAQ when announcing TSW 2. That's about as formal as DTG do...

The roadmap has a planning section for such a thing...

• Like Like x 6
  43. nberneck99

nberneck99 Well-Known Member

• Like Like x 1
  44. ARuscoe

So not a promise or something to base a purchase on...

I've been planning to go on a diet for about five years... doesn't mean I'm sitting down with pen and paper and drafting how I'm going to achieve it (ie doing actual planning work)

• Like Like x 3
  45. Gav

Gav Active Member

Do any of you guys know what "Reinstate London landmarks for Console on Bakerloo Line" means? I can't wrap my brain around what it is supposed to mean. Thank you

• Like Like x 1
  46. krustynuggets

krustynuggets Well-Known Member

Solid points there dude and don't worry about the diet you look slim like a stick, the lesson learned from all this is not to take anything you hear as gospel fact its going to happen, everything is fluid an subject to change, should always wait for concrete proof it is happening or just buy stuff after it has happened then that way you can't be annoyed that it hasn't happened, surely that's a simple concept......

• Like Like x 1
  47. ARuscoe

On some of the console builds the London landmarks (Shard, Wembley Stadium etc) may be missing in certain views, and this is supposed to address that. In other words if you look South-ish when leaving Euston you should see the shard, but you don't

• Like Like x 2
  48. ARuscoe

Actually I look akin to a beached whale having a coronary... but thanks???

• Like Like x 1
  49. Gav

Gav Active Member

Right got it, I understand now.. thank you very much indeed.

• Like Like x 2
  50. tallboy7648

tallboy7648 Well-Known Member

That is 100% true. I think fans of older style trains must be satisfied so hopefully they will go back to making more modern trains

• Like Like x 2