Sherman Hill Scenario 3: Straight Up Switching

Discussion in 'Technical Reports' started by topcat1077, Mar 8, 2021.

1. topcat1077

topcat1077 New Member

Have an issue with this scenario. As I begin the scenario it offers a switch list that I am to work from, but also a task window with start and end points only. I ran the entire scenario to perfection via the (hard copy) switch list, problem is, to begin you have to hit the tasked starting point, in this case "forward point" , which is only yards down the track from locomotive. The task window distance marker is showing it to be 4.31 miles away, thus my issue, the scenario does not recognize, nor credit you for stopping at this beginning check point so basically, the scenario never actually starts, and cannot be properly completed either. So my question, am I missing something, doing something wrong, or what? Has anyone else experienced this, and is there a work around or something? Thanks

Last edited: Mar 8, 2021
  2. fatnslo#7264

fatnslo#7264 Member

You have to finish everything in the switch list first. Then go to the forward point.

3. topcat1077

topcat1077 New Member

Did that. didn't work, but thanks. Maybe I'll try again. Went to forward point before starting the switch list, and after completing it. Maybe I cancelled it out going there 1st. Who knows.

4. topcat1077

topcat1077 New Member

fatnslo#7264, tried your suggestion tonight. Didn't pan out :( Thanks anyway!

5. fatnslo#7264

fatnslo#7264 Member

Watch this video:

6. topcat1077

topcat1077 New Member

Train Sim 2019!! fatnslo#7264, is that your production of running the scenario, or a train sim production from the "2019" version? Appreciate the intended help but basically, I watched the beginning and then ff to the end. As I stated before, I ran the scenario exactly like it's run in the video. I'm running version 2021, perhaps my version is corrupt, in any case my issue has been the task list destination mile marker which states 4.31 miles to destination forward point! Seems a lost cause at this point. I can run the scenario, and know that I did it correctly and just not get credited with completing it.

7. fatnslo#7264

fatnslo#7264 Member

No that is not my video. I was also confused with the scenario so I used that video to help me. I used Train Sim 2021.