PlayStation Throttle Not Reacting After Loading In-game Save File

Discussion in 'TSW General Discussion' started by Neriman, Mar 10, 2021.

1. Neriman

Neriman New Member

I've been experiencing that problem a few times already...
    It just occured again yesterday on the Bakerloo line.
    I saved the game at some point and restarted it. The saving point was in between 2 stations and I started to decrease the speed as I was approaching the next platform.
    Made the stop cleanly and opened the doors to board passengers.
    As the door sign turned to green, I closed the doors and put the power control back to 1 to make a swift start.
    And nothing happens... The power meter doesn't budge a bit. It doesn't make a sound...
    I've checked all other settings on the train and everything seemed to be running properly...
    Checking the main power, setting the brake control to OFF and RELEASE and push the warning valve reset button, resetting the direction selector, etc...
    And nothing happens...
    I reloaded the same save file to try again but the exact same thing happened.
    In that case, I have no choice but to give up my save file and restart from the beginning.
    So something should have happened in the meanwhile!!
    I was hoping the newest update (version 1.26) could fix it, but it doesn't seem like it...
    Anyone having the same issue?

• Like Like x 2
    • Helpful Helpful x 1
  2. Knightfire1964

Knightfire1964 Well-Known Member

starting from save file usually breaks the game so i avoid it.

• Like Like x 2
    • Helpful Helpful x 1
  3. Neriman

Neriman New Member

I know what you mean... And that's probably what I should be doing.
    It's just that this function should be working properly if they decided to include it.
    I couldn't understand the difference between when it works well and when it doesn't.

• Like Like x 1
  4. tallboy7648

tallboy7648 Well-Known Member

The save function for tsw has been broken for 4 years and it has yet to be fixed. It's probably not high on the priority list

• Like Like x 2
    • Helpful Helpful x 1
  5. RotorHed

RotorHed Member

There’s been a lot of chat about this problem. Seems like once or twice a week someone runs into it on Bakerloo and posts.

It could be down to the save system doing something weird but it seems to be related to the braking system and low MR pressure too.

Anyway, DTG said they can’t find a fault so this isn’t being looked at. If it’s fixed in an update I guess it’ll be a side effect of other work...

EDIT: Here’s a link to a thread in the tech reports forum about it .... https://forums.dovetailgames.com/threads/problem-line-bakerloo.33714/page-2

Last edited: Mar 10, 2021
    • Like Like x 2
  6. Neriman

Neriman New Member

I should have looked better. I didn't know this has already been discussed on many occasions.
    Well, it's not such a big problem. At first, I just thought I was doing something wrong with the brakes, or that I had to recharge them or something.
    And I am glad to know it's not the case.
    Thanks for your help!!