Career Mode?

Discussion in 'Suggestions' started by dhekelian, Mar 10, 2021.

1. dhekelian

dhekelian Well-Known Member

Playing TSW2 I find it enjoyable but after completing a route or single journey I often think there is something missing.

This is probably way off base but could there be like a career tied into the game? You start off as a trainee and you get to drive trains in say your country where needed passenger and freight so each day you are driving a couple of routes. Perhaps you get paid and have a couple of days off. You could even be made to travel by rail as a passenger if say you have a job far from your base, so you could collect the collectables.

There could be an option of say transferring to a different country temporarily. Also their could be a discipline part to the game where you could get sacked. For example too many speeding events and you get a first warning then a second and then an inspector has to travel with you and you could get sacked if you fail.

I just thought it might bring something extra into the game and be fun.

• Like Like x 12
  2. ghall59

ghall59 Active Member

Totally agree with you dhekelian, my post from another thread....

upload_2021-3-11_15-42-21.png

• Like Like x 3
  3. Rudolf

Rudolf Well-Known Member

When you mention career mode, I think of the career mode in TS, which I really do not like. Some measurement of overall driving quality might be nice. The actionpoints system and mastery are definitely not what might be fun. The problem is, in real career you would be awarded with the permission to drive other routes, bigger engines, faster trains and so on. I do not see that happen here. I want to drive the ICE as soon as I buy it ....

• Like Like x 3
  4. crawford#3813

crawford#3813 New Member

There is potential here I like where dhekelian is going. I would love to see this but like Rudolf and ghall59 said have a play now type function that would allow you to drive DLC route and trains right away if you would prefer awesome ideas love this form

• Like Like x 1
  5. dhekelian

Yeah, obviously you would not lose the option to drive what you have purchased straight away, the idea is to bring in some fun element and give a bit of meaning to driving a train instead of just a single route.

It would give meaning to scoring as well as a sense of achievement. Taken to the office for yet another speeding offence or missed stop lateness. Being rewarded with more complicated trains or highly regarded routes, etc. There could be different levels of the career, the threat of being sacked, lol. Just to give the game another level, it might make you a better driver if done properly, I know I need it, hehe.

Just a thought..........

• Like Like x 1
  6. OldVern

OldVern Well-Known Member

As an optional mode of gameplay , yes.

Of course the old Densha de Go, some of the latter versions had this and the only way to unlock some of the more interesting runs and trains was earning enough XP to do so. Challenging, but like that level in a strategy game you can't get past, you need a means to still enjoy the rest of the game.

• Like Like x 1
  7. tallboy7648

tallboy7648 Well-Known Member

This as a option, Yes. It would make things a bit more realistic because a driver isn't just gonna do a 10 minute tutorial and jump into a high speed train service immediately

Last edited: Mar 14, 2021
    • Like Like x 1
  8. dhekelian

Right then we all seem to agree, DTG get this done ASAP, LOL.

• Like Like x 1
  9. tallboy7648

tallboy7648 Well-Known Member

Maybe in the future

• Like Like x 1