Northern Trans-pennine - New Timetable

Discussion in 'Suggestions' started by thesquire, Mar 10, 2021.

1. thesquire

thesquire New Member

I have seen that Dovetail have tried something new by releasing the diesel legends pack for GWE. I like the concept as it has the potential to bring a new playing experience for existing content.

I would love to see a new timetable for Northern Trans-Pennine with modern trains. It is a great route and I would love the opportunity to drive modern timetables on it.

• Like Like x 5
  2. CK95

CK95 Well-Known Member

Agreed however by the time we get accurate rolling stock for the route (185’s & 68’s) they’ll probably have made a route in the same area due to the fact that the rolling stock doesn’t really see much use in other areas of the UK.

• Like Like x 1
  3. elarthur

elarthur Well-Known Member

If GWE Diesel Legends sells well enough, we may well see something along these lines on other routes.

• Like Like x 2
  4. Mich

Mich Well-Known Member

I don't see this happening for one simple reason, AWS, the route completely lacks it and it's pretty much required for any modern era stock. If the 70's pack is anything to go by they won't be modifying routes for these types of packs, so I don't see this being done in the form of the 70's pack. I feel if something like this happens it would probably be done by making a new standalone modern day version of the NTP route, not as a add-on for the 80's version.

• Like Like x 3
  5. tallboy7648

tallboy7648 Well-Known Member

I agree. If there was a modern ntp route, it would probably be standalone. The 70s pack doesn't change the look of the gwe route whatsoever making it a immersion killer so I suspect a modern ntp would be a standalone route and maybe a much longer version

6. stujoy

stujoy Well-Known Member

There’s also the issue of Cottingley station which was built not long after when NTP is set. Along with AWS this might make a modern NTP difficult to represent. The correct trains aren’t in TSW yet so it’s unlikely to happen soon anyway.

• Like Like x 4
  7. Cramnor

Cramnor Well-Known Member

I support this idea fully, but I also have to agree with the doubts mentioned. That is stuff that could be addressed, but with the current pricing policy this would end up costing more than a full new route :) And if I would be willing to pay for a new schedule with recycled trains that don't fully fit, I am not sure, it would really depend on how it's made and what the price is.

• Like Like x 1
  8. hibiki

hibiki Well-Known Member

I have to say that it wouldn't be very good for it being modern. There would be too much work, especially around Manchester and Miles Platting. Even some of the track going towards Newton Heath via Redbank is now Metrolink. Miles Platting and Park stations would have to be cut out as they don't exsist. AWS would have to be put in. A major change in signals too.

With the GWE version. I think it slightly works because it is a case of these trains used to run on the line at one time. The gubbins are there for the moden locos and units, but the older trains need less technology, so it doesn't matter as much. Also even though the 101s are totally wrong for the era, I could see me still getting the DLC for the fact I can race them.

But if DTG was to make a new version of NTP and have it up to date, I would buy it without a 2nd thought.

9. ionutmineadaniel

ionutmineadaniel Well-Known Member

What about a late 80's early 90's timetable with pacers and sprinters

• Like Like x 1
  10. hibiki

hibiki Well-Known Member

That wouldn't be as bad. Miles Platting and Park closed in 1995. Cottingley opened in 1988. So if they setted it around 1987 that would be good.

Also the Sprinters could be in the original provincial livery (150/1). or Sprinter livery (150/2). As for the Pacers, you could have the GMPTE orange and brown, or the blue provincial livery. I am not sure when the chocolate and cream Skippers moved up north though, but read it could of been 1988. The other thing is the Pacers would need Leyland TL11 Sounds.

• Like Like x 2
  11. VolvoB10M

VolvoB10M Guest

Huddersfield and Manchester Victoria would need remodelling

12. driverwoods#1787

driverwoods#1787 Well-Known Member

You also forgot Hull Trains Class 802s Electro-Diesel multiple units that work alongside Class 68s & 185s. Also Class 802s can fit with Modernised Northern transpennine and Great Western Express.